Cyber Sale Nov 17 - 30

MCC retired

The 3 For Free would have been better for us except it didn't include the cruises we wanted in early 2017. The Cyber Sale has a couple that would work for us but, of course, doesn't include the gratuities or any OBC. Bah.

I have a minisuite to alaska and rec'd 150.0 obc for the first two people and the third person in our cabin has the free coke pkg and we all three have a free specialty dinner - (this was booked earlier in the year)

Questions is: If I switch for the 3 for 3 - do I lose all the other perks that I had before, I like is the idea of the tips are paid for, but don't want to lose my other incentives - hope this makes sense :)

Edited by hollon

Questions is: If I switch for the 3 for 3 - do I lose all the other perks that I had before, I like is the idea of the tips are paid for, but don't want to lose my other incentives - hope this makes sense :)

If your current freebies were part of a booking promotion/sale, then you only get one booking promotion at a time, you cannot stack different promotions.

If you switch to the 3 for Free, that's the one you get. If your OBC was due to something else, such as credit from using an FCC to book, then you get to keep that in addition to whatever booking promotion you use.

What Sale?

I checked 14 cruises and every one of them was the same price as before this sale. This form of advertizing should be illegal.

The sale is apparently a small discount on round trip airfare if you book through Princess.

What Sale?

I checked 14 cruises and every one of them was the same price as before this sale. This form of advertizing should be illegal.

I checked the 12 cruises we were watching too. No change. Agreed - the advertising is at best deceitful.

Have to wait and see if there is a real sale between now and next year.

What Sale?

The sale is apparently a small discount on round trip airfare if you book through Princess.

Princess and other cruise lines are trying to maintain "price integrity" and not discounting the listed price of cruises. In fact, as cruises get booked up, the list price will go up.

Instead, the price is not lowered for a "sale," but instead different amenities are offered for different sales, for example three-for-free or the AIBP. In effect, the total cost of the cruise is lower in such a sale, assuming you make use of the amenities.

The cruise lines are trying to convince passengers that the best time to book a cruise is early, not late. It seems to be working. Bpth CCL Corp and RCCL Corp report advance bookings are up over past years.

It's a good thing for us all to be checking our prices on our cruises.

Last night my 28 day Royal Princess Circle Mediterranean cruise in May 2017 was listed as being included in the Cyber Sale with a price reduction of $200pp. This morning that same cruise is listed as NOT on the Cyber Sale but still with a price reduction of $200pp. That's fine with me because I still have the $300 OBC and free gratuities on that booking with the 3 For Free Sale. When I called at 8 am I was given the $200 price reduction, plus an extra $200pp reduction for being Elite, AND get to keep the free gratuities and OBC. Win-Win! Eight hundred dollars in my pocket.

Watch those prices!