Port of Miami to West Palm Beach for Noon Flight?

pfleer

I may have to just live on the beach after our cruise because flights back to Columbus from Miami or nearby airports just stink!!

I just found a noon flight from West Palm Beach for a reasonable fare and transit time. Is this doable (please please please)?

Flights I'm finding from MIA, FLL, PBI, or RSW are either really early in the morning or really late and are super expensive. I paid $124 from CMH to FLL on Southwest for the trip down, and I'm having trouble finding a decent flight back for less than $300. This is where they get ya!

For a noon flight you need to be at PBI by about 10:30. the drive from POM to PBI takes about 90+ minutes, depending upon day of the week and traffic. If you carry your bags off, and are clear of customs/immigration by about 8:30 or earlier, and have arranged for private transport (call Larry's Limos), you should be okay.

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused:

Maybe stay an extra day on the beach in South FLA and catch a morning flight home the next day. :cool:

We have done that before

For Manchester flights,

Keep all bags in cabin and get off soon as you can

But we pre ordered a car with sat nav

Got the van supplied by car hire at pier

Took about 90 mins nice easy drive

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Assuming the flights in question are for your disembarking Carnival Vista on March 26 per your countdown clock: the weekend of March 24-26 coincides with the Ultra Music Festival. So traffic in Downtown Miami will be a complete clusterflop; I would think most private transfer companies would qualify their reliability that morning. And likely departing flights from MIA and FLL late afternoon and evening are in high demand accounting for the jacked-up fares all day.

I hope your schedule and budget would allow you to take the return flight from FLL on Monday and spend a night in a Ft Lauderdale hotel (unfortunately have to recommend avoiding downtown Miami or Miami Beach that day). If you absolutely have to be home that Sunday, bite the bullet on the fares & available times from FLL (or MIA) and look at it this way: you paid an exceptionally low price for your flight down, just average it out and call it fair.

Edited by fishywood

I am assuming this is your Vista cruise coming back March 25th?

How are you getting from POM to PBI? That can be costly tansportation.

It is on a Saturday which is great for you, because Mon-Fri, that drive can be well over 3 hours with traffic.

But your biggest issue may be Ultra Fest is that weekend, and traffic in the downtown Miami area will be unpredictable and there will be traffic closings.

I am a gambler, but I would be hesitant with this.

In my earlier response I didn't realize this was only a six night cruise. So disembarking on Saturday--into the teeth of Ultra Fest.

Checking Southwest getaway fares are sold out for other than very early morning flights Saturday or Sunday. And yes they are considerably more than $124. Just because it is one weekend further into the peak season. So again my best suggestion is to book the time you like, average out the fares and call it even. But as the OP has posted her distress on three different threads but yet to return with the courtesy of a response why are we bothering to further help?

It is risky at best.

1. You have to get off your ship first and on-time. You never know customs might take longer than usual to clear the ship.

2. While the drive on a Saturday should be around 75mins. If you hit an accident on 95 it can take two hours.

3. Ultra festival is that weekend, BUT, I don't think that should be an issue. The festival does not start until 11am-12pm and with the port tunnel you should be able to avoid all the traffic. Traffic will be coming into downtown Miami not out of it at that time.

4. However, make sure to factor in the cost of transport from Miami to PBI. I am sure its not cheap. Factor that in with the stress and getting to PBI in time.

Its doable as long as you get off the boat by 8:30 and you are in the car by 9am the absolute latest.

Drove my best friend from my condo in Hallandale Beach to PBI yesterday morning during rush hour. My place is Seven miles south of FLL and we left 8:30AM for a 10:40AM United flight to Newark, New Jersey. Traffic was at a standstill a few times and the trip took over ninety minutes. The airport was quiet and he made his flight. The plane actually left the gate ten minutes early. I actually wanted to leave earlier but my friend was in no rush to get back to work today.

I may have to just live on the beach after our cruise because flights back to Columbus from Miami or nearby airports just stink!!

I paid $124 from CMH to FLL on Southwest for the trip down, and I'm having trouble finding a decent flight back for less than $300. This is where they get ya!

Well, it is Spring Break and Ultra Music Festival. What do you expect?

I guess my previous reply got removed (I may have gotten snippy with LidoDeck) :)

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help. I actually found an awesome flight from Miami on March 25th. Leaves at 11:30 and is only $142!! And this with spring break AND the Ultra Fest! I guess miracles DO happen! Snatched those puppies up!