Disembark royal princess in ft. lauderdale

vacationer2323

I am disembarking back to fort lauderdale on december 30 from the royal princess. i have a flight out of FLL at 8:15am. I am just wondering if it is possible for me to make this flight? I have global entry and tsa pre check so i shouldn't have to wait at customs or at airport security. i am not checking a bag either at the airport. I understand that there are express walk off times around 6am but just wanted to confirm what the earliest time I could walk off the ship would be (the time i would be off the ship at customs).

The 6am arrival time listed is approximate not certain. The ship still has to be cleared. It could clear at 6am or it could clear at 8am. Global Entry is not available at any cruise port yet (airports only) so that will not assist you in the process. My guess is there's a high possibility you won't make that flight. We've never scheduled any flight leaving prior to 11:30am.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

.................... Global Entry is not available at any cruise port yet (airports only) so that will not assist you in the process. ...................................

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As per several threads Global Entry is available at Port Everglades. Here is one: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51492339

OP, with an 8:15 am flight I would have a plan B just in case.

Edited by ar1950

This is just me... I have consistently found that with walk off in FLL I am the airport hours early. The next time I disembark in Port Everglades, I am going to book the 8:30 direct to CLT. I do have Global Entry- and can hand-carry my luggage. I will have a contingency plan--- just in case...

We had walk off early disembarkation in FtL. As just as we we about to walk off, a tornado hit the ramp of the ship and the electricity went out in the customs terminal. We had to wait hours on the ship to get off. Needless to say....many missed their flights. Gotta give yourself some time because you never know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just dropped my daughter and family off at FLL (JetBlue) this morning at 6:40 for an 8:30 flight. There were no ships in port today (and probably few if any yesterday since it was a Monday) but the lines were already atrocious. The skycap line stretch the entire JetBlue end of Terminal 3 and inside looked equally bad. They will make the flight but I would never try an 8:15 flight at the beginng of a holiday weekend when you cannot exactly time your arrival at the airport. Your plan B might be difficult too given that holiday traffic will be heavy and who knows what time will be the next flight with available seats. That's all too risky for me.

Edited by capriccio

If you can get off the ship by 7am then it will be very tight, but I think you can make it. There isn't much room for any delays. Sometimes early disembark starts around 6:30am. It all depends on when the ship is actually cleared and immigration is ready to accept passengers.

I am disembarking back to fort lauderdale on december 30 from the royal princess. i have a flight out of FLL at 8:15am. I am just wondering if it is possible for me to make this flight? I have global entry and tsa pre check so i shouldn't have to wait at customs or at airport security. i am not checking a bag either at the airport. I understand that there are express walk off times around 6am but just wanted to confirm what the earliest time I could walk off the ship would be (the time i would be off the ship at customs).

The first walk offs are about 700.

The first walk offs are about 700.

My experience on Royal and Regal is that the walk-offs start quite a bit

earlier than that.

Those 2 ships seem to dock in Ft. Lauderdale a bit earlier than

other princess ships.

I think there is some chance that the poster will make the flight.

It all depends if they are comfortable with the risk, and have

a backup plan. If they make the flight, and arrive home hours

early, they will have a great sense of accomplishment.

20161113_RoyalDisembark_zpsfejzzeu5.jpg

Thanks everyone!!! I have a backup plan of driving (to jacksonville) instead of flying in case I miss my flight. The flight was only $30 so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I missed the flight and had to drive. I think if I can be off the boat by 7am I can make the flight as I have tsa-pre check and will just have a handbag. Seeing the above picture with the express walk off times I think it is possible to be off by 7am. Thanks again! If anyone has any other advice for getting off quickly please let me know!

Clearing of this ship can be delayed. One time we didn't get off till 9:45 and we were first group out.

• 2 weeks later...
My experience on Royal and Regal is that the walk-offs start quite a bit

earlier than that.

Those 2 ships seem to dock in Ft. Lauderdale a bit earlier than

other princess ships.

I think there is some chance that the poster will make the flight.

It all depends if they are comfortable with the risk, and have

a backup plan. If they make the flight, and arrive home hours

early, they will have a great sense of accomplishment.

20161113_RoyalDisembark_zpsfejzzeu5.jpg

We did a walk off at 7:30 and there were only 6 or 7 people standing in line to check out at imaginations. It was the fastest time we've ever experienced.

I am disembarking back to fort lauderdale on december 30 from the royal princess. i have a flight out of FLL at 8:15am. I am just wondering if it is possible for me to make this flight? I have global entry and tsa pre check so i shouldn't have to wait at customs or at airport security.

I walked off royal yesterday morning.

I was in walk-off group 'A', which met at 06:20.

I exited the garage at 07:01. You could have been about 10

minutes ahead of me using Global Entry. You could have been

another 5-10 minutes ahead of me if you went to the dining

room (walk off meeting area) very early, so you were first

off the ship.

This was a nearly perfect experience. Any glitch could make

you later, maybe much later.

On the other hand, if everything goes right, and you are wheels-up at 8:20, you will feel like a genius.

Just got off the Caribbean Princess this morning. I quote the Princess Passenger Service desk announcement while we were waiting for disembarkation " we apologize for delay be we are experiencing processing problems". Never got any other info, but things we 30 to 40 minutes behind schedule.

I just got back from a cruise on the Regal in FLL. I cancelled my 10 am flight because Princess kept flagging it as too early and booked an 11:45 am flight instead. We were in the second walk off group at 6:30 am. We were at the airport by 7 am.

You should not have a problem at all. Last year I was 3 for 3 catching a 7:30 flight off the Royal and caught a 8:00 flight last week off the Regal.

Must be in the walk off A group.

Global Entry (have the plastic card).

As you know, if something goes wrong you will indeed miss your flight but it sounds like you have a plan B that you can live with.