Luggage Tags

irishayes

The button usually shows up on your online account about 4-6 weeks before you sail.

If you go into "manage my reservation" it will be towards the bottom of the page, below your dining time, etc.

Nothing like having those tags come through the mail slot!:D

Cheers,

Tracey

That button never showed up on my last cruise. I just called the Captains Club number and ordered.

Your cruise docs should show up between 49 and 45 days out. Once it does there should be a button to click to order the tags. If it doesn't and your cruise docs are ready to be printed you can call Captains Club and they will mail them. Looks like yours should be available next week from your countdown clock.:)

Just to confirm luggage tags are no longer available in the UK. We laminated ours after printing them off last cruise. This cruise we have followed advice from Cruise Critic and bought some holders from Amazon...

Not a major issue but I miss those tags coming through the letterbox heralding the nearness of a cruise!

A little off topic, but does anyone else remember when you booked your cruise your TA would deliver this packet, a folio with your personal name tags, cruise tickets and contract. Usually had some coupons for on the ship. We would put all our important stuff in it so you could just pull it out when you checked in. I was trying to remember the last time we got one, I want to say early 2000s. When you got that folder, it signalled your cruise was just around the corner.

A little off topic, but does anyone else remember when you booked your cruise your TA would deliver this packet, a folio with your personal name tags, cruise tickets and contract. Usually had some coupons for on the ship. We would put all our important stuff in it so you could just pull it out when you checked in. I was trying to remember the last time we got one, I want to say early 2000s. When you got that folder, it signalled your cruise was just around the corner.

Happy memories....

Last time I received documents through the mail was in 2008 from Princess Cruise Line.

Back on topic, I ordered these Cruise Line luggage tags from Amazon. As you can see there are many choices. I ordered the larger ones that also fit Carnival Brand Cruise lines. We alternate between Celebrity and Princess.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cruise+line+luggage+tag+holders&client=safari&channel=mac_bm&biw=1920&bih=921&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiC_bHBorLQAhUB7yYKHZq5ClQQ_AUIBygC

I've got two sitting on my desk in my travel room for our upcoming Oceania cruises. They still send them out. Just one of the little touches that higher end lines still do.

Doesn't apply if you are based in the U.K.

You must print your own or wait until you are about to board.

Not sure why?

Be nice or leave [emoji3]

It was originally suspended because the third party company Celebrity used was having production difficulties. It seems that they have not bothered to find anyone else. There is nothing like the excitement of the fat envelope dropping through the letter box when you have to print your own. Just another little treat that becomes a chore instead. Eventually, one of these little services dropped becomes the final straw.

Edited by Project_gal

I can remember when Celebrity did that in the UK. We only started ten years ago. Nostalgia starts so much sooner these days.

We got one of those on Regent. A very nice and upscale touch. As for luggage tags, my TA is more than happy to call her X rep and order them for me. Not sure if big on-line TAs do this. Ours is local but still has plenty of OBC and other perks to dole out to her loyalists.