The Cruise Season Begins at Ft.Lauderdale

Gypsy025

Today, there are eight (8) Cruise Ships 'turning around' at Ft.Lauderdale......Regal Princess, Carnival Conquest, Allure of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Celebrity Silhouette, Veendam, Zuiderdam and the Noordam.....and.....this is only the beginning of the 'season".

Today, there are eight (8) Cruise Ships 'turning around' at Ft.Lauderdale......Regal Princess, Carnival Conquest, Allure of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Celebrity Silhouette, Veendam, Zuiderdam and the Noordam.....and.....this is only the beginning of the 'season".

Full house indeedy!

It looks like it's Nieuw Amsterdam, not Noordam.

Full house indeedy!

It looks like it's Nieuw Amsterdam, not Noordam.

Agree it is the New Amsterdam..

Actually the season started a few weeks ago & was early this year.. It was the same for us on Oct. 30, when we arrived back in Ft. Lauderdale on the Zuiderdam... And they only had 4 Customs Agents to clear the entire ship.. DH & I delayed disembarking, as our Friends (one star Mariners) had a 9:15 disembarkment..Well we did not get off the ship until after 10..Then there were no porters to help us with our luggage.. I learned a big lesson about overpacking as my DH had to struggle with three bags while I handled the hand luggage..No more!

It was the worst disembarkment we've ever had in Ft. Lauderdale ..I was almost in tears, but we actually had a sweet Customs Agent help us out to the curb & they are not supposed to do that..God Bless him! I hope he hears how much I appreciated him..

We phoned our driver around 9:30 & told him of the delay..He said he was already at the port waiting for us..But he never actually got to us until almost 11:30 as he was over at the New Amsterdam waiting for us..He got our ship mixed up..:eek: But we made it up to him with a nice tip..

Edited by serendipity1499

That is no where near record number of ships or cruisers same day at Port Evergaldes. Not even close.

Absolutely correct. 15 ships on December 21, 2003.

The passenger record was over 54,700 last March.

Edited by POA1

We are going to have a one night post cruise stay. Early flight home so no lines at FLL.

We always stayed over, post cruise in FLL> LOTS of people do. :) The air port was busy next day but bettter than it would be day all the ships emptied out.Plan to allow plenty of time.

Edited by sail7seas