cyber sale

StLouisCruisers

I went to the HAL site to check prices this evening and noticed a Cyber Sale which apparently started today. I called about my next booking in March 2017 and was told for the same price I am currently booked at I would be able to receive free gratuities and a $50 beverage card. Another promotion she referred to as a "past guest promotion" would have decreased the price by $150pp but no free gratuities or beverage card. I took the Cyber Sale! Has anyone else called about this? This sale ends Nov. 28.

I went to the HAL site to check prices this evening and noticed a Cyber Sale which apparently started today. I called about my next booking in March 2017 and was told for the same price I am currently booked at I would be able to receive free gratuities and a $50 beverage card. Another promotion she referred to as a "past guest promotion" would have decreased the price by $150pp but no free gratuities or beverage card. I took the Cyber Sale! Has anyone else called about this? This sale ends Nov. 28.

Since Explore4 ended the price of my cruise dropped $1000 pp. With this new promo and the new pricing I likely will rebook.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been watching prices on a particular cruise in February. I called HAL. The price was good and there were free gratuities and two $25 beverage cards. It was enough ti get me to pull the trigger. Now to find flights. I think I have enough frequent flyer miles. This is going to be a very reasonably priced three week cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Woohoo.! Thank you so much for posting about the cyber sale. I called Holland America (figured it couldn't hurt to ask) and we were able to get a good reduction in price for our previously booked cruise in July as well as the prepaid gratuities and beverage card. Now we can look at booking that South America cruise. Yea!

As I posted in another thread, the price drop still doesn't come near what I originally paid for my 20-day cruise, even factoring in the pre-paid gratuities and a beverage card. So I'm a happy camper (or cruiser!), My price was pre-Explore4 promo.

I'm sure we are all happy with the price we booked Lizzie but this is a nice bonus-at least in my opinion. We already have lots of OBC again with the booking perk and owning stocks. Now with the pre-paid gratuities it's like we have even more-for happy hour!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great - thanks - just checked ours for next October and it has come down by AUS $433 pp (we booked while on board the Volendam in April) - not as much as some but we will take it thank you very much - a quick call to HAL and no problems from them at all - same room same booking just cheaper - very nice :D

Edited by Lotsasmiles

As I posted in another thread, the price drop still doesn't come near what I originally paid for my 20-day cruise, even factoring in the pre-paid gratuities and a beverage card. So I'm a happy camper (or cruiser!), My price was pre-Explore4 promo.

I'm in the same boat Lizzie. The price has come down for our cruise but it is still nearly $4,000 more than what we booked so pre-paid gratuities and $50 beverage card aren't worth it for us either.

I'm sure we are all happy with the price we booked Lizzie but this is a nice bonus-at least in my opinion. We already have lots of OBC again with the booking perk and owning stocks. Now with the pre-paid gratuities it's like we have even more-for happy hour!

Glad it worked out for you and others that are getting it added :)

As long as it works out math-wise, it's a fabulous deal.

It's always nice when someone let's us know of a sale. Thank OP :).

It will work for some and not for others. Always good to do the math and check ;)

Edited by kazu

Got an email alert from one of the companies which tracks cruise prices, and my price went down $130 pp on a cruise in 2018.... I had my Ta adjust the price, and then a day later comes the cyber sale!

My TA checked and the cyber sale, with prepaid gratuities and beverage card, applies to my sailing.... So along with $260 total reduction, I now also save the $325 gratuities on a 14 day cruise! And a beverage card! ($25 pp).

I consider that a great savings on total expenditure.

Good for you. However, my price still came out $200 ahead per person even with the gatuities and beverage calculated in. Plus I have about $1,000 OBC on top. So once again, it really did pay me to book early - and well before the exchange rate went up.

Can you please expand on any details you know about the previous guest sale?

I am wondering we qualify for that as well. Thanks!

Wow! Thanks for posting! Checked into our cruise, which leaves tomorrow. Verandahs are showing again (previously listed as Sold Out), but only $30.00 less than before. But if you want a true last minute cruise, Insides are $699.00, Ocean View $749.00. But is it even possible to book a cruise the night before it leaves? Asking hypothetically, obviously. But we will be watching next summer and checking last minute deals out of Vancouver. We can absolutely cruise the next day if the opportunity arose :)

Can you please expand on any details you know about the previous guest sale?

I am wondering we qualify for that as well. Thanks!

I personally can't tell you anything about the past guest promotion. The customer service agent mentioned it and I haven't seen anything on their website about it. It simply came up in the computer when she put our booking number in. Since we saved more money with the Cyber Sale we went with that instead of a little lower price on the cruise fare. You get one promotion or the other, not both.

Edited by StLouisCruisers

OP, thank you so much for posting about this sale. I noticed that our 2018 cruise was listed and called this morning to have the promotion added. I had already rebooked last week after E4 ended and saved over $300/person (we had already booked without E4 and saved substantially by doing so). Now we have an additional savings of over $500 with the gratuities and beverage card.

Many thanks @StLouisCruisers for pointing out this sale! I was able to convince my mother to call and rebook our Panama Canal cruise. Cut $550 pp off of the fare (which is the cost of our port fees), got the prepaid hotel service charges, and the $25 beverage card and somehow kept all of our $125 OBC. Lost E4, but that didn't really benefit us that much so I'm very pleased with the outcome!

OP, thank you so much for posting about this sale. I noticed that our 2018 cruise was listed and called this morning to have the promotion added. I had already rebooked last week after E4 ended and saved over $300/person (we had already booked without E4 and saved substantially by doing so). Now we have an additional savings of over $500 with the gratuities and beverage card.

Glad you could take advantage of it. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Ends Monday for others to remember to do over this busy weekend.

DaveOKC

We were able to get our TA to move us over. Saved quite a bit and since I am not a big drinker the Explore 4 wasn't a good deal for us. The savings on HSC is much preferred.

Only thing, our TA gets a different price every time she talks to HAL. No consistency on the same cabin, same sailing. Nothing changes except which promotion we want.

Here's an update on my original post. I wondered why the Holland website kept showing a lower price for my category cabin than the customer service gal I spoke to Wednesday night said I could get. She said the "past guest promotion" wouldn't work with this new Cyber Sale promotion.

So this morning after I checked my cabin price again (still $150pp lower than my March booking price), I called and spoke to someone else. She called it a Mariner promotion and said she would try to input that promo code and see if it worked. It did, and now I DO have the lower fare as well as the free gratuities and 2 $25 beverage cards! My price is exactly as stated on the HAL site and I'm very happy. Just thought I'd let everyone know. Sometimes we just have a gut feeling and should just try calling back to get a different person to help us. :)