Drink prices on the Silhouette

wildescapade

Does anyone have prices for cocktails? I usually have a few cocktails a day while on vacation but my DH has about 4 all week. I was wondering if it makes sense to add the classic package to my cruise or just pay individually. If I add it it will only be $212 for the week for both of us. HELP!

Does anyone have prices for cocktails? I usually have a few cocktails a day while on vacation but my DH has about 4 all week. I was wondering if it makes sense to add the classic package to my cruise or just pay individually. If I add it it will only be $212 for the week for both of us. HELP!

Where do you find the package for $ 212 per week for two? The normal price seems to be $ 55 per day per person. Cocktail prices seem to be between $ 7 and $ 13 generally.

I posted the Martini Bar menu from Silhouette (Nov '16) at this link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51528924&postcount=56

Remember that on the Classic Drink Package - ($55 pp/pd unless a perk) only covers drinks up to $9.00 per serving. Drinks above this (like the Martini Bar) are charged at full price.

You may want to check your pricing. The Classic package is $55 per person per day plus 18% gratutity for a total of $64.90 pp. so the Classic Package for 1 person for a 7 night cruise would be $454.

If DH only has about 4 drinks a week then it would not make sense for a package for him unless he drinks a lot of speciality coffees, juice and bottled water.

Check the pricing, and then ask yourself if you like drinks like martinis...if so, it might be worth the splurge to the Premium package. If you are okay with the things included in the classic package, that works, too.

Keep in mind that with the premium package, if you buy a more expensive wine/glass than what the package covers, you pay only the difference. With the classic package, you'd pay full price.

I chose not to get a drink package because I seldom drink more than two alcoholic drinks a day and my husband less than me. I figured I might drink off the ship when we are exploring the islands, whether that may be alcoholic or a speciality coffee. My husband and I usually make do with the beverages that don't cost extra while on the ship.

I'm assuming your calculation for adding the classic package is related to whether you book 'go big' rather than a guarantee or discount rate? It depends on what type of cocktails you like to drink. If you are happy with the 'classic' cocktails, believe it's up to $8 a drink? You will range from being under to breaking even if you have a few cocktails a day. If you prefer the higher end cocktails think they are $10-$12 and only covered by the premium package (no, you can't pay the difference per drink, you can pay to upgrade the package), add another $11.80 a day to your cost. Again think you will run right around being better off paying as you go to breaking even. So, will just come down to if you will get value out of the included non-alcoholic drinks and if the 'all inclusive' atmosphere is worth paying for.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey thanks everybody! Yes I booked a cruise on the Silly for March 26 2017 and I only booked a gty balcony with one perk...I took the OBC of $300, the price was $899 per person before taxes. If I want the classic beverage package, the price is $1004 per person...so only $210 more for the week. I think that I will not do it because our drinks for the whole week would be cheaper than that...thanks for all the help!

Hey thanks everybody! Yes I booked a cruise on the Silly for March 26 2017 and I only booked a gty balcony with one perk...I took the OBC of $300, the price was $899 per person before taxes. If I want the classic beverage package, the price is $1004 per person...so only $210 more for the week. I think that I will not do it because our drinks for the whole week would be cheaper than that...thanks for all the help!

Don't forget to factor in fresh squeezed juices, good coffee, and water! if you're having "a few" drinks per day (average of 3?) and your wife has 4 over the course of the week, you're already pretty close to $200 without factoring in any of the non-alcoholic beverages.

• 2 months later...

We are on that cruise also. Fortunately we have the classic package and plan on upgrading on the ship to premium. I figure for $11.80/day it will be worth it to not have to worry about what we are drinking.

See ya on board.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the drink pkg is worth it even if you dont drink that much. Like previous poster said you get coffees, water and juices. Plus Im not the type that says I will have 2 a day and my wife will have 4 for the whole week. Who knows how much a person will drink. Maybe you are thinking just average. I agree drinks are not cheap on Celebrity and you dont have to sign the slips either not that thats a big deal. For us the drink pkg is the way to go. if you are that close to the $200 mark Id go with it..

Loyalty towards one cruise line pays off. Celebrity has the Captain's Club which has a few perks and the different status levels.

Loyalty to one travel agent pays off, too. Mine always includes the pre-paid gratuity and the classic drink package. We always upgrade for $11.80 per day to the premium package.

We are on that cruise also. Fortunately we have the classic package and plan on upgrading on the ship to premium. I figure for $11.80/day it will be worth it to not have to worry about what we are drinking.

See ya on board.

The three cruises I've had beverage packages on I've generally stopped drinking alcohol by weds/thursday and need about 2 weeks after I'm home to detox. :halo: I'm not a light weight per se, but I can't handle a steady infusion of alcohol for more than a few days. Even trying, I still have not been able to drink the actual value of the drink packages (even classic).

I find that paying to add the Go Best package (@~$620 for a week) has been reasonably cost effective for our last few cruises. We normally need 1 internet package to stay in touch with work, so that's ~$200 right there, then OBC is $200 and the gratuities are worth another ~$200 bringing the approximate value to $600 without factoring in the value of drinks or the 2nd internet package. YMMV

To your original question, bottled waters were something like 3.50 for small and 4.75 for big (plus gratuity) and my preferred glasses of wine at dinner were running $12-14/glass (chardonnay was 12, bordeaux red was 13 or 14, and the Atalon Napa Cab was 14). A safe average is probably $12-13/alcoholic drink and $5/non-alcoholic drink, multiplied by what you think you'll drink in a day. :halo::evilsmile:;p