Caribbean princess best locations

joeyjeremiah

I should book a Mini-suite on Emerald Deck first or last in port or starboard run. Big balcony which is sheltered from above but good views from rail. Insides are available close by. We had E720 NY round trip Bermuda and Caribbean.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Hello,

I'm looking at booking 2 cabins on the Caribbean princess. 1 mini suite and 1 inside cabin. Want the rooms close together. Any suggestions on best areas to book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.....

Any mini on Emerald deck.

There are only 6 on each side of the ship in the aft side area.

They are the only minis with a fully covered balcony and are in a quiet dead end passageway.

There are 2 insides across the hall on each side of the ship. (4 total)

Book fast they don't last long.

Thanks ended up going with an aft balcony instead E734. Does anybody know what is next to us? It's a big area with no info on the floor plan.

Service areas. Most of the mystery white areas are places where the crew works their magic.

Be aware that the only inside cabins close to your cabin have bunk beds that stick out from the wall at least 6" when folded up.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

This will be a crew area I believe there are crew stairs centrally aft you can see then through the flappy doors marked "crew only", as I recall, on the promenade deck. They wont be the whole width of the white void. The white area beyond Ocho Rios suite, E732; in the corner of the ship are emergency stairs which run from deck 14 to deck 7 and only used by passengers for the muster drill unless there is a incident.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Service areas. Most of the mystery white areas are places where the crew works their magic.

Be aware that the only inside cabins close to your cabin have bunk beds that stick out from the wall at least 6" when folded up.

If this is correct I would try to move. I would absolutely hate to have one of those cabins.

I should book a Mini-suite on Emerald Deck first or last in port or starboard run. Big balcony which is sheltered from above but good views from rail. Insides are available close by. We had E720 NY round trip Bermuda and Caribbean.

Regards John

We're considering Caribbean for a Canal cruise and also looking at the mini's on Emerald deck aft - they are all above the Club Fusion so did you notice any noise from there in the late evenings/night?

I booked E716 as the inside cabin. Do we know for sure if that one has the bunk beds sticking out from the wall. I didn't see anything in the room description. The room will be 2 twins so the bunk beds might not be a big deal.

We're considering Caribbean for a Canal cruise and also looking at the mini's on Emerald deck aft - they are all above the Club Fusion so did you notice any noise from there in the late evenings/night?

We had no noise problems over the ten days.

Regards John

I booked E716 as the inside cabin. Do we know for sure if that one has the bunk beds sticking out from the wall. I didn't see anything in the room description. The room will be 2 twins so the bunk beds might not be a big deal.

I thought this style of bunk arrangement was only on the Sun Class ships and had been phased out on Grand Class ships?

Regards John

You mean they went and took them all out on Grand Class ships?

I don't think so.

To be honest I have never had more than two in a cabin. I saw a photograph of one of these beds stuck to the walls cabins on one of the Sun class ships on these boards. I thought, they cannot be furnishing the more modern design ships with this type of cabin. Presumably they are then.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

To be honest I have never had more than two in a cabin. I saw a photograph of one of these beds stuck to the walls cabins on one of the Sun class ships on these boards. I thought, they cannot be furnishing the more modern design ships with this type of cabin. Presumably they are then.

Regards John

Not sure about the Royal/Regal.

I don't recall seeing comments or photos about those ships.

Does not mean they are not there.

There are some relevant pictures on this forum under; New Cruisers - Cabin Selection Tips - Princess Cabins (by ccgran). See post #5

They seem to be a bit intrusive, so the plan would be avoid a three or four berth cabin if possible.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

All of those aft insides are quads, as per the deck plans. They will all have the bunks on the walls:

BG-8.jpg

BG-7.jpg

Occupants will have fewer bruises if they keep the beds as twins. EM

Thanks. We're keeping them as twins so will probably keep the cabin as is. Since me and DH will be in E734 and MIL and DS will be sharing E716 I think dealing with the wall bunks will be more convenient than being farther away.

I agree.....

Any mini on Emerald deck.

There are only 6 on each side of the ship in the aft side area.

They are the only minis with a fully covered balcony and are in a quiet dead end passageway.

There are 2 insides across the hall on each side of the ship. (4 total)

Book fast they don't last long.

I took your advice and swapped our Dolphin aft mini for one of the remaining Emerald aft minis. There were only 3/12 left for our March 2018 cruise, so they are snapped up quickly.

Not only will we benefit from a covered balcony, we will have more privacy from above, a quiet location and proximity to aft lifts. We also saved a few hundred dollars in the process.

You learn something new on CC every day. Thanks Keith and John :)

Edited by Kinkacruiser