Video of kid hanging off the side of Carnival Liberty

BuckeyeCruiseGuy

No problem. I thought the same thing at first too before I read through her posts.

I can't believe he was that stupid and that people were actually there filming him do it. And then they have the lack of brains to post it for the whole world to see. I am amongst the bunch that hopes they find and ban him and his accomplices for life.

The person filming was laughing too and seemed to have been enjoying it. Should that person be punished too? (in your opinion)

The person filming was laughing too and seemed to have been enjoying it. Should that person be punished too? (in your opinion)

Yes if they were part of that group. If they just so happened to be standing there and caught it on video, then I would hope that they would have immediately turned it over to security, but don't feel they should be punished. There's a difference between being an accomplice and a witness. From the sounds and proximity to the idiot, I feel as if they were in on the mischief.

I think I sailed with a family member of this guy on a carnival cruise! That kid jumped off the upper deck down to the lido/pool deck. He fell forward when he landed and broke both arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, the kid that broke both arms had the next couple of months having to endure having his Mom helping him with bathing and toileting.......:eek:

I guess he wasn't thinking that far ahead of his foolish stunt. He too should be banned for life as should the kid in this video.

Yes if they were part of that group. If they just so happened to be standing there and caught it on video, then I would hope that they would have immediately turned it over to security, but don't feel they should be punished. There's a difference between being an accomplice and a witness. From the sounds and proximity to the idiot, I feel as if they were in on the mischief.

Yes they seem very much involved.

I "heard" it was his dad who was filming. . . . Dumb, dumb, dumb....

I heard the same thing, but if you listen to the background of the video there's more than one egging that child on. It sounds like two teenaged voices.

Yes, that child is an idiot. All 12 year olds are idiots (because they think they are invincible), especially when egged on by two older idiots. I hope Carnival finds them and bans them from sailing on any CCL line. Plus I hope he has a Mama who will tear his little butt up for being so stupid.

Edited by Gypsywych

I would bet that Carnival got him after. They have cameras all over the sides.

They also have infrared sensors on the sides to detect if a person falls off...not sure if all Carnival ships have them, but I've seen them on my last few cruises. Look for a device hanging over the side marked "FLIR" and you'll know your ship has them. If they detect an infrared signature, an alarm is triggered on the bridge. [source: Behind the Fun tour]

The same kid jumped from the Lido into

The pool.....There's also a 2nd video I've watched on FB where he goes over the rail again at night and hangs by one arm for a second 🙈🙈......This was all just recently on the Nov 18th cruise

The first video is making major news channels in lots of States currently

Kid is Lucky to be alive