Price Adjustment Question

kelly0525

I understand being frustrated...but you asked if anyone had experienced this...and many of us told you we had...did we like it...Not especially...but it's their cruise line...their rules...Shooting the messenger's doesn't change the facts.....

I fully understand that however some people here are saying that I am asking for unreasonable things and I think its wrong to say that cause like you said no one would have liked it.

So you would be ok if I would get 600 less price then you for same cruise and same category if i would book 3 days later, right? U would not be upset that they penalized you for booking beforehand, right? Since u knew beforehand that its their policy, correct?

It seems to me that many people think I am wrong or expecting something unreasonable however all I am asking is for them to treat me with same courtesy as they treating people who are booking today, i think its only fair but maybe I am asking for too much.

It happens. It's no different than airlines. Everyone on board pays a different price based on market conditions at the time. You quickly learn that you will gain nothing by continuing to dwell over something that isn't going to change. If you don't like it then you don't have to do business with them.

Like I said in my first post, where do you draw the line 48 hours, 49 hours 3 days 2 weeks. They chose 48 hours you were 6-12 hours after that, sorry not entitled and yes I do think you are being unreasonable.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

So you would be ok if I would get 600 less price then you for same cruise and same category if i would book 3 days later, right? U would not be upset that they penalized you for booking beforehand, right? Since u knew beforehand that its their policy, correct?

It seems to me that many people think I am wrong or expecting something unreasonable however all I am asking is for them to treat me with same courtesy as they treating people who are booking today, i think its only fair but maybe I am asking for too much.

The pricing policy is clearly stated on the website. The people posting here are not happy about the policy either, but it is what it is and you agreed to this pricing policy when you booked. If you were to find 5 people on your cruise with the exact same cabin type and asked their rate, I would bet that all 5 paid a different rate.

Unfortunately, you missed out on the lower rate. I would keep an eye out for a lower rate in a higher category of cabin and call back for the higher category cabin.

I certainly understand your frustration, this has happened to me several times. Watch the website frequently, especially in the last 30 days. On my last sailing, I was able to upgrade from a grand suite to an Owner's Suite to a royal family suite for no extra cost.

It happens. It's no different than airlines. Everyone on board pays a different price based on market conditions at the time. You quickly learn that you will gain nothing by continuing to dwell over something that isn't going to change. If you don't like it then you don't have to do business with them.

Like I said in my first post, where do you draw the line 48 hours, 49 hours 3 days 2 weeks. They chose 48 hours you were 6-12 hours after that, sorry not entitled and yes I do think you are being unreasonable.

Pretty sure if you personally involved you would be just as unreasonable however I will stop.discussing it cause I happen to agree with you dwelling about this issue will not solve it so I will move on and keep theirs policies and treatment in mind when thinking future vacation plans.

I certainly understand your frustration, this has happened to me several times. Watch the website frequently, especially in t4he last 30 days. On my last sailing, I was able to upgrade from a grand suite to an Owner's Suite to a royal family suite for no extra cost.

So if higher category costs what i paid, I can call them and they will upgrade for free? Is that their policy or something they do if they want to?

So if higher category costs what i paid, I can call them and they will upgrade for free? Is that their policy or something they do if they want to?

Yes, you can normally upgrade after final payment. Sometimes they are reluctant to allow the upgrade if the prices are restricted to new bookings.

I have had that happen too, but nothing could be done about it. But, several years ago, I booked an 11 night Member's Cruise on the Explorer about a month before the cruise. An inside cabin was going for $399 pp. I found out that some friends of mine had booked earlier and paid about $1000 pp for an inside cabin. I really felt guilty for what I paid compared to them, but, there was nothing I could do about it. I was really happy about the deal I got. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Just the way it works.

I just think of it this way....at least I am going on a cruise and that is all that matters. If I was satisfied with the original price to begin with, why be that upset when the price goes down. It is better to not watch the prices after final payment. Then you would never have to know what you missed out on.

Gwen :)

You booked a semi-last minute cruise: You booked within the final payment period.

So you were already gambling that you were getting a better price after the final payment date.

Depending on whether you are traveling with munchkins in your cabin, the new promotion could be a money-saver, since "kids sail free" in this new promotion.

But that's not the promotion that you booked and paid under.

Sometimes you get the elevator, and sometimes you get the shaft.

Some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you.

You rolled the dice. You booked at a price that was (apparently) satisfactory. It has been the policy of Royal Caribbean for YEARS that after final payment date, there are no price adjustments.

Deal with it, buttercup.

I am sorry/not sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's life.

I fully understand that however some people here are saying that I am asking for unreasonable things and I think its wrong to say that cause like you said no one would have liked it.

You ARE being unreasonable. You should have known when you booked that this was the policy, if you didn't, well next time you will read everything.

I am sure you would not be here complaining if the price went UP by $500 3 days after you booked?? I would bet you paid less than others who booked earlier.

If you are going to book after final payment due date, you should never go back and look at the price - I assume you were happy with the deal you booked, else you wouldn't have done so. Time to chalk this up to "life" and move on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I made final payment for a grandeur cruise on monday. Checked today and now my js cabin is $400 cheaper. I am not upset because I realized what the rules were. I do wish that I could have saved $400 but who doesn't.

I am ok that others are getting a cheaper rate than me as I got to pick the aft view cabin that I wanted. There is no way that I would be getting the same cabin this late.

Now I am still looking to see if I can get a full suite for a little more $$.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Hello,

I have booked a cruise with final payment on Monday and today I see that the price of the cruise have dropped by 500 with additional 75 on board credit. I have called Royal Caribbean to see what can be done and spoke to resolution department who informed me that its just unfortunate that it happened to me but there’s nothing they can do or offer unless I want to upgrade to higher category but that’s an additional 1k and actually regular cost. I have asked for calls back from supervisor but as of right now don’t think anything will be done because the lady I spoke to said it was corporate decision. I would like to know if anyone have any suggestions on what can be done or who can I call to resolve it or there’s nothing that can be done. We have sailed with Royal Caribbean in the past and pretty upset they are treating royal customers that way. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

How can you justify being upset or feeling "that way"? If the price goes up- one is happy that they got in at a certain point, but feel they're entitled to a refund if the price goes down.

When the latter has occurred, some people tend to lose their objectivity because it has happened "to them".

Royal Caribbean, or any other cruise line, risks diluting their product if they're going to give their money back, having hampered themselves from ever altering a price.

It's not unlike "proper attire" often argued on the boards here; it's a matter of good taste and no one will ever be in agreement with everyone else.

The financial argument presented above is barely different- you are not entitled to a refund because you feel entitled to it.

Ultimately, the cruise line is a business. You should book only when you're happy with the price YOU have paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bob221b1

Like someone else said, just keep checking the site. I booked an ocean view in Jan and was able to upgrade to a balcony today for $21 and change. Cruise is next week. You will have to call and ask them to price the upgrade. Good luck!

Many a time I have found out somebody paid less than I did for the same category cabin. Almost as often as they paid more.

You chose to book and pay for your cabin when you did. You found the cost fair and reasonable at that time. You don't get to decide later that you'd rather pay less after all.

Me, I'd be happy for the guy that booked three days later. See, I pay what I feel is fair and don't get all green with envy just because someone else scored a deal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unfortunately yes it was. Like cruising grandma said sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

Keep checking for a higher category stateroom that as also come down in price. You might still luck out.

I think they should care about people returning since you are right they are expending quickly thus more reason not only to attract more first time cruisers but to retain current one, they will lose all business they have if they stop retaining repeat customers who will not only come back but will bring their family and friends back. Just to make it clear the price drop I am talking about is not 50 but close to 600 and to me and just like to a lor of people its a lot of money and pretty sure you personally would not be very happy if it happened to you....

Every major US cruise line operates this way. So they aren't in danger of losing customers for following this policy. Short of booking the carnival early saver rate which allows no refunds, if you have booked with any other cruise line you would be in the same boat. Now you know that final payment is probably the worst day to book... early bookers often get decent rates, and after final payment when rates are locked in is when they have deep discounts to fill rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums