Men's Drinks

babs135

DH is primarily a beer drinker, likes scotch and an occasional gin martini. When we went on our honeymoon 21 years ago, the resort made banana daiquiris with fresh bananas - he drank them almost exclusively all week! We had the UBP on our last cruise (paid for it - before it was a promo). He had his share of fruity drinks.

I guess I am a girly man then because I love Martini's, Daiquiris, mixed drinks, and Wine. I don't like beer. Let people laugh at me for what I drink. To me guys can drink whatever they feel like. I would not pick on another guy for what they drink nor would I want someone to pick on me.

Hubby and I drank a lot of Old Fashions and Gin Gimlets...the occasional Rob Roy and Vesper Martini. (If it's good enough for Don Draper and James Bond it's good enough for any man!) [emoji483][emoji484] CHEERS!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There is no doubt in my mind that some people expect men to drink beer and women to drink soft drinks/cocktails and similar. As I said in a previous post eyebrows were raised when I ordered a pint of beer rather than half a pint. Maybe I should have just ordered two halves

a friend of mine, red wine drinker, was having me and DH over for dinner.

I only drink white wine so friend went to the liquor store and asked an employee for a recommendation for white wine for dinner. The employee told him that women like sweet wine in pretty bottles and sold him a mascoto.:eek:

I don't like sweet wines so I had beer with dinner.:D

Lois

a friend of mine, red wine drinker, was having me and DH over for dinner.

I only drink white wine so friend went to the liquor store and asked an employee for a recommendation for white wine for dinner. The employee told him that women like sweet wine in pretty bottles and sold him a mascoto.:eek:

I don't like sweet wines so I had beer with dinner.:D

Lois

That employee needs to be slapped across the head and demoted to janitor.

I can't stand sweet wine unless it is a 20+ year Tawny, a D'Yquem with at least 15 years on it, or a good quality Riesling with spicy Asian food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry you thought it a ridiculous question. I was just curious as to what cocktails men chose.

Ditto, although DH's drink was a diet coke. Why do some people think women don't drink beer? On a cruise to Alaska we visited a microbrewery and when I asked for a pint of their 'best', the bartender asked if I'd made a mistake and really wanted only half a pint!!!

Oh you were curious as to what cocktails men choose! Your OP came off as slightly sexist - like men can only order stiff drinks or shots and the menus were limited - so I apologize for calling your question ridiculous.

Hubby and I drank a lot of Old Fashions and Gin Gimlets...the occasional Rob Roy and Vesper Martini. (If it's good enough for Don Draper and James Bond it's good enough for any man!) [emoji483][emoji484] CHEERS!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you like old fashions, the Haven Bar on The Breakaway makes a great one! The bartender fancies himself an old-fashioned mixologist. He actually smokes the bourbon with a hand held smoker and a few cigar leaves. Calls it a cigar old fashion. I can't tell you how many I and my partner had on our Sept cruise. :)

This is an easy question, most bars/restaurants on the ship will have a Men (Blue) drink menu and a Women (Pink) drink menu to order from, so it takes all the confusion out of picking.

Uh oh...

Can we pay extra to order off the "other" drinks menu?

Do we need any special certifications on our passports for that?

;)

Looking at the drinks on offer with the UBP , apart from the spirits and perhaps a couple of the shots what drink/cocktail would your man drink?

I am new to cruising with NCL and this post made me think...are the drinks that I can order through the UBP different than what I could order if I did not have the UBP?? I am hoping it is not a limited menu of drinks to choose from:confused:

I am new to cruising with NCL and this post made me think...are the drinks that I can order through the UBP different than what I could order if I did not have the UBP?? I am hoping it is not a limited menu of drinks to choose from:confused:

No. You can get any drink up to $15 and if you order one that's higher you would just pay the difference.

Oh you were curious as to what cocktails men choose! Your OP came off as slightly sexist - like men can only order stiff drinks or shots and the menus were limited - so I apologize for calling your question ridiculous.

Apology accepted. Sometimes what you type is not quite what you actually want to say, if you get my drift :o

Anyway, some great replies. Thanks everyone and DH and I will raise our glasses (whatever is in his :D:D) and toast each and everyone of you.

When you're on the ship, have your husband ask for the man menu. The one typically posted here is for women only. If he specifically tells his server he wants the other menu that is exclusively for men, they will provide him with one. Hope that helps!

My hubby will drink just about anything unless it's watermelon-flavored. I will drink nearly anything that's not coconut-flavored (needless to say I have the more limited selection of the 2 of us, in regard to tropical drinks!)

When it comes to beer? He's more a lager/pilsner guy, maybe venturing as far as an ale, while I prefer my beer the darker the better. At a bar, I'll often ask "what's the darkest, most interesting beer you have on tap?" This usually throws servers for a loop. Since I'm a small 60ish woman, I guess they'd assume I'd want white wine spritzer or something.

Except for the occasional interesting-sounding mixed drink on a cruise, I favor my alcohol straight or nearly so: Makers Mark Manhattan (no ice), single malt scotch, etc.

No. You can get any drink up to $15 and if you order one that's higher you would just pay the difference.

Perfect...after ready the OP question I thought maybe there was a different limited menu for the UBP. Thanks for clearing that up!

Regarding drinks - - I drink whatever I feel like. That might be beer & whiskey one night; frozen margaritas (with a Grand Marnier floater...mmm) another night; and a few grasshoppers on the third. We're on vacation and it's the UBP - - so drink up!

Same here.:D

Dan

Was drinking Sam Adams and Blue Moon most of the time at first. Craft beer (kinda)

I must admit I did start having the "Drink of the Day" on day two and then I was hooked.

I switched back and forth between beer and girly Mai-Tai's, Margaritas, Painkillers and whatever else.

They had oranges, mint leaves, cinnamon bark and all other 'fruity' ;) stuff.

Didnt even know what they were half the time. Just said Drink of the Day and I was off!

Edited by brianosaur