Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

They're clearly not expecting anyone over 30 on board - not an oldie in any of those mock photos. Those seats at the side of the stage have the whiff of being "suites only"

They're clearly not expecting anyone over 30 on board - not an oldie in any of those mock photos. Those seats at the side of the stage have the whiff of being "suites only"

I disagree and they revealed a children’s are. The virgin vogage new ships are sold as adult only.

They do that in the brochures as well.

But many of us oldies are not going away so soon and we'll be missed when we go!

How can we all be so sure that these are the actual chairs? It is just a mock-up photo. The chairs are no more real than the people. I am waiting for the ship to launch or st see actual photos of the area.

I work in the hospitality industry and when you do renderings of this quality they tend to illustrate actual furnishings chosen for the project. So many suits, shareholders, marketing reps want to look and comment on every aspect of the rendering: furnishings, drapery, wall coverings, stone and wood flooring, etc., that you can't get away with 'making it up'. I have actually gotten work because another designer produced images like these here and the finished product did not look JUST like it. Oh, and BTW, those chars are from Kettal.

;p:confused:What strikes me are all the empty seats! I feel awful for the entertainers playing to a very small audience,,,,,Celebrity needs to up their game if their shows can't draw a full house:confused:!

I must say and I tend to agree.....my first may be my last on the Edge........just too much as RCI is just too much Vegas. Do not need that while cruising as I can get that hype elsewhere.

Now this just is a big disappointment to me.

Reminds me very much of that one high tech venue on Anthem Of The Seas. It´s not that I do not like the concept itself, it´s how it was done on AOTS. The venue was an open space during the day, so many people just took the opportunity to sit in those seats for hours in order to have them blocked when a show comes up.

I am far for from being unexperienced when it comes to getting a great seat in a cruise ship´s main entertainment venue, but AOTS managed to ruin that experience for me big time. If EDGE should be same, I will really have to think about finding me a new favourite cruise line, cause MEV shows have always been big highlights to cruising for me.

I do not think that the 'mock photos' are worth going by, most of us know the anticipated demographics of the passengers who will board, especially if we are using CC as the gauge.

Then once we board, we will see every demographic represented, even if only one!

For example, on our The Edge sailing with 22 people, we have every age demographic, and each of us are ready to get on-board to experience everything X says it will offer, without fail most of us will!

bon voyage

I do not think that the 'mock photos' are worth going by!

For example, on our The Edge sailing with 22 people, we have every age demographic, and each of us are ready to get on-board to experience everything X says it will offer, without fail most of us will!

Hoping that the Andromeda body scanner will somehow make me tall, thin and dressed like someone out of magazine! Just the one night will be enough (need some more detail on this feature!)

"A whiff of suites only?" Hope your not trying to open up that 'class struggle' topic again. Anyway, the most expensive seats in every theatre are always the closest and the best situated seats. If these are for suite guests they have paid more for the ticket to watch. Don't have a problem with that.

You can look at the cabin on the deck plans online and see where the bump out in your wall is- that is where the bed is. If you are having trouble figuring it out, you can give me your cabin number I can let you know if the bed is by the bath or by the balcony. :D

if this is the case with the bump out, is this a confirmation then that all the sky suites have beds facing the sea? their "bump out" is in front of the cabin, closer to the hallway.

if this is the case with the bump out, is this a confirmation then that all the sky suites have beds facing the sea? their "bump out" is in front of the cabin, closer to the hallway.

That is the bathroom at the end of the cabin by the door. The bump outs are along the sides of the cabin for the non-suite cabins. For suites we will just have to wait and see.

A One Touch representative told me that all of the Sky Suites have beds that face the ocean, but I have my doubts due to some of the layouts having the bed facing toward the opposite wall. We will know in December (or earlier if there are actual pictures sent out earlier)! :D

That is the bathroom at the end of the cabin by the door. The bump outs are along the sides of the cabin for the non-suite cabins. For suites we will just have to wait and see.

A One Touch representative told me that all of the Sky Suites have beds that face the ocean, but I have my doubts due to some of the layouts having the bed facing toward the opposite wall. We will know in December (or earlier if there are actual pictures sent out earlier)! :D

this has been the most annoying plaguing question for me. i am a bed by the bath person with regular verandas and will not book the other configuration unless there is no other option, and suites are a new world for me so without knowing where the freaking bed is, it's so annoying! lol. i remember our first cruise on solstice when she first came out i ended up with the other configuration. did not like it and never booked it again.

this has been the most annoying plaguing question for me. i am a bed by the bath person with regular verandas and will not book the other configuration unless there is no other option, and suites are a new world for me so without knowing where the freaking bed is, it's so annoying! lol. i remember our first cruise on solstice when she first came out i ended up with the other configuration. did not like it and never booked it again.

All of the S1 layouts that I have seen, even if the bed is not facing the ocean, have the bed near the bathroom, with the couch by the balcony. I don't think that will be an issue. You can see the layouts on the Sky Suites thread and you could add to the discussion there (all the Sky Suite people would appreciate your input :D).

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2472839