Taking food back to your room

mspinky36

We normally stay on the Lido deck and DD and DH will grab Guys and bring it back to enjoy in the room, or on the balcony. Nothing wrong with that.

Never brought the buffet back, but I don't see why not....

Enjoy! It's YOUR cruise. Do what YOU want.:D:D

a bit cheeky in my opinion. (Unless someone is sick or confined)

That's what room service is all about.

However, there is nothing to stop you from doing that

Hi there

As you said there is nothing to stop you, but I don't understand what could be the objection.

For many years I have been getting up early and going to the gym or walk around the ship taking pictures etc... Then I would grab some coffees and maybe some Danish to bring back to the cabin for my wife who would sleep in. I very often take some extra cookies when they are out to keep for later in the evening, that I would eat while drinking some coffee that I picked up at the buffet. I know many people who will keep some extra containers of milk that are offered at breakfast in their fridge for their children later. Many people will take food from the buffets to eat at a bar area, why not their cabin?

My take would be the reverse question. Why would you order from room service when you can get it easier and quicker yourself unless you were sick or confined? One other thing is that the room service is very limited.

just a different perspective

The big boxes in the staterooms do not keep perishable products at a temp safe level so I would caution anyone storing food there. I only put water in and it never gets very cold.

All the mini fridges we've had have kept our items colds. We aren't storing meat for a week. A carton of milk or a sandwich will do fine overnight or so. Mankind lived, ate, and preserved food for thousands of years without refrigeration. The mini fridge is a huge step up.

On our last trip on the Breeze I would get up and go to the omelette station to get breakfast for my wife and I. I would cover each plate with another plate turned upside down and stack them on top of each other. Worked nicely. We left the plates in the room each time but I have read that you really need to leave it all in the hall. I've always thought that looked so tacky.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We do it. Although after we are done eating I put all the used plates on the "coffee table". I prefer not to leave them out side the door, just so they aren't in the way of people walking by.

It's sometimes nice to be on the balcony eating lunch or having coffee. Besides the menu in the room is not a big one and can take longer for you to get your food. We will do room service in the morning, but we order it the night before.

Count us in as another set of food-bringer-backers. A lot of times, late at night, DH or I will want something from the deli or whatever so one of us will go up, get it and bring it back along with a cup or two of ice for our drinks that we keep in the room.

And I didn't know you were supposed to leave trays, etc in the hallway. As someone who works in food service, that just seems really gross/unsanitary to me since the carpets don't get cleaned except maybe once a week (I think. Correct me if I'm wrong).

At the office, I get a second plate to cover my leftovers (sandwich the plates) and walk it to my cubicle when I get an emergency support call in the cafeteria.

On a cruise..... I eat at the restaurants or get room service.

• Walking food back to a cabin may be a challenge with a ship in strong waves (especially for seniors). I hate to be responsible for spillage on those carpets. Until it's cleaned up, it's an ugly safety hazard for high traffic areas.
  • when finished.... I leave the dirty plates in the room. Leaving plates outside the room can be a horrible tripping hazard. It's also hard for wheelchairs to navigate around.

Hope no one is a food stacker when taking food back to their cabins. That will be a challenge in crowded elevators and hallways.

pizza_hut_salad_stacking.jpg

Edited by xlxo

Going to bring one of those shallow tupperware (the kind that can hold at most 1 small sandwich) on next cruise to get some fruit/cheese to have in the room before dinner. Sue me.

The surest way of having Carnival police food removal from the buffet is to load up tupperware with " to go " food. :eek:

Edited by sanmarcosman

We do it all the time. Love it when myself and my sweetie can sit on the balcony and enjoy a lite snack or full blown meal together. No covers for the plates? No problem. Simply grab an extra plate, invert it and place on the plate of food. Instant cover.

Edited by SeaScout

I believe there is someone who's tasked with roaming the passageways looking for dirty dishes to collect. I saw someone like this outside our room one afternoon, pushing a cart and filling it up with the dirties. If the plates are in your room, it falls on the steward and he then has to do the job of the guy collecting the dirty dishes.

Better yet, just ask your steward what to do with the dirties. He'd know the most efficient way of making sure they're collected.

Wait? ... Am I the only person that takes his dirty dishes back up to the buffet area? :eek: Seriously? People don't clean up after themselves? They wait for someone else to do it? My Mother raised me better than that. :confused:

The surest way of having Carnival police food removal from the buffet is to load up tupperware with " to go " food. :eek:

If you saw the size of it you might reconsider; very small. At least I'll have a lid and I can wash it in my own sink with soap as opposed to leaving dirty dishes around.

The surest way of having carnival police food is for people to continue to take mountains of it and leave it on tables in the lido untouched.

Carnival doesn't have a fruit or cheese plate on room service menu

And the food is already prepared; it will either be eaten by a guest or discarded for the fish.

Why do you care about something others do that has zero impact on your vacation?

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Not sure why you care enough about my opinion to take time out of your busy day to comment. But, I do thank you for caring.

I also think taking your crockpot is a bit cheeky.