Celebrity's Amazing New Alaska Itinerary

Host Jazzbeau

I'll say they need a proof reader.

If you look deeper, St. Petersburg and Moscow are visited on a Northern European cruise. And speaking of Northern Europe, I did not know that some of the Greek islands were located in NORTHERN Europe.

Book 'em while you can folks, these itineraries are going fast!

From the Celebrity website this morning:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EUROPE - NORTHERN

Visit breathtaking destinations in the Mediterranean, including Barcelona (with an overnight stay), Sicily, Mykonos, Santorini, Athens, Gibraltar, Malaga, and more. Itâs a vacation that covers the Med in modern luxuryâfrom east to west.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALASKA

Featuring a double overnight stay in St. Petersburg, youâll enjoy VIP treatment and tickets to the third place match in St. Petersburg and tickets to the final match in Moscow.

I will post a "St. Petersburg " sign on our beach in Alaska (just north on Homer...between Homer and Anchorage)...you can tender to my house and I will welcome you with open arms!

Locals call the nearby beach area "whiskey junction"...we can rename it St. Petersburg and welcome some tourist dollars!

Crystal Cruises recently went from Alaska to New York City via the Northwest Passage -- the first cruise ship to do so. Perhaps Celebrity is going to try it westbound, from Alaska, around Norway, into the Baltic, to St. Petersburg?:)

As to how they plan to move all the Mediterranean ports to Northern Europe, I have no clue….:confused::confused::confused:

Crystal Cruises recently went from Alaska to New York City via the Northwest Passage -- the first cruise ship to do so. Perhaps Celebrity is going to try it westbound, from Alaska, around Norway, into the Baltic, to St. Petersburg?:)

Must be an M-class ship, since it also goes down the river to Moscow! [it would be much harder to portage an S-class ship -- or do the new Edge class have wheels for this purpose? :D]

Just checked the 2018-19 page on the Celebrity website, and saw this amazing new Alaska itinerary that goes to St. Petersburg and Moscow!

What's in the pipe that they're smoking? :eek:

The problem with Celebrity's Alaskan itineraries is they don't do the the longer sailings any more. I had to go to another line to get a better itinerary. (and better food)

Maybe including St. Petersburg might help.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

As to how they plan to move all the Mediterranean ports to Northern Europe, I have no clue….:confused::confused::confused:

Yes! The Crystal Serenity made a stop over in my home town of Charlottetown during that trip.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Wows! They have fixed it. That is absolutely the fastest that Celebrity's IT department has ever worked. Proving that the website CAN be corrected if they want to.

Well, it was the "cheap and dirty" fix -- instead of correcting the descriptions, they just removed all three of them.

Actually in theory you could do it. Leave AK and head north. Do a Northeast Passage cruise over the top of Russia to the western edge of Russia. Then cruise down the cost of Norway and up into St. Petersburg. LOL!!

It might be an interesting cruise however. I have always wanted to do a combined Northwest and Northeast passage cruise. Never will however.

DON