Flight time departing Miami

Kroozen

Hello,

I'm cruising out of Miami in February on MSC. I'm looking at departure fights, and I was wondering what flight I should choose...There seems to be a lot of 9:30am departures. The cruise is scheduled to get in at 7am. Do you think 9:30a is too early of a departure? I'm not sure if MSC has a self-carry option for your luggage on debarkation day, but if they do, I'll do it. I've never cruised out of Miami before, so I didn't know how early I should schedule my flight.

Thanks!

9:30am is too early IMO. If the ship is running late for some reason, such as weather there is a chance you won't get off in time. I have had a ship for a 7am arrival still pulling into port at 6:45am and then not clear with customs to allow people off the ship until 8am. Add in some time to clear immigration and customs yourself, and drive to the airport etc.. 9:30am is just way too early.

I would say don't get all stressed about your departure and pick a later flight. MIA is a busy airport, and lines and traffic can be bad in the morning. You would want to get to the airport by 8:00am the latest for a domestic flight.

We normally recommend a flight at around Noon.

I would want to be at the Miami airport 90 minutes to 120 minutes prior to departure and I would give yourself 30 minutes to get there.

You could get a slightly earlier flight but don't consider 9:30 AM.

Keith

930am flight is too early for a 7am arrival. Using an arrival time of 7am, ship gets cleared by 730am, ( could be cleared earlier ), carry your luggage off, through customs and in a cab by 8am, and then the 30 minute ride to MIA its already 830am. Next get checked in, for your flight and go through TSA, who knows how long that will take, and finally getting to the gate. Unforseen delays, ships late, customs takes longer to clear ship, you clearing customs, traffic to MIA, and the TSA. Take a later flight, go South Beach, have lunch, do some sight seeing.