Is this a record ?

DYKWIA

Next summer, June 2017, 10 nights med cruise from Venice on the Constellation- 2c balcony guarantee - no perks whatsiever .... £6958

Or $8790

Cruise only (no flights) on celebrity's U.K. Site. Cap Ferrat might be better vakue

Edited by DYKWIA

It's not nearly that price in the US

SPECIAL OFFER Inside[+]

$1,949 USD

CONTINUE

Ocean View

N/A

SOLD OUT

SPECIAL OFFER Veranda[+]

$5,019 USD

CONTINUE

SPECIAL OFFER Concierge Class[+]

$5,899 USD

CONTINUE

AquaClass

N/A

SOLD OUT

Suite

N/A

SOLD OUT

Edited by patty1955

Just did a dummy booking on the June 5 sailing. 2C cabin with drinks package and prepaid gratuities $NZ8137 or $US5870 or 4645 Pounds. Perhaps the Op needs to recheck their figures and perks. That is a per person cost based on a dual occupancy. IE for two people double these costs. It is outrageously expensive compared to the preceding cruise Barcelona to Venice which we booked last February with two perks $NZ6300 for two people

Edited by Beanb41

I don't know if op was pricing pp or the full room.... for the room I come up with $10,438 for a guarantee balcony w taxes, excluding grats, which is still utterly ridiculous for a balcony guarantee. Comes out to over $500 pp per day. A suite maybe, a basic balcony guarantee, no. Last celebrity med I did in a balcony (a few years ago) was closer to $4000 for the cabin for 10 nights.

And yes, by far the highest price celebrity med cruise that they are showing, close to double the average balcony price for their upcoming med 10 day cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sanger727

Next summer, June 2017, 10 nights med cruise from Venice on the Constellation- 2c balcony guarantee - no perks whatsiever .... £6958

Or $8790

Cruise only (no flights) on celebrity's U.K. Site. Cap Ferrat might be better vakue

Very strange. About 2.5 times the cost of our similar sailing later in the summer. And the price shown for our date is down from our booking price (but the perks on our booking compensate for that.) I think (seriously, no joke) that the prices are set and revised by computer algorithms with only minimal human oversight. Occasionally a spike in bookings for a given sailing might indicate super high demand and thus a higher price? Speculation, but I can see how it could happen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just done a dummy booking - for two people , 2c guarantee balcony no perks - total price including gratuities £7143

Adding flights, a hotel and transfers on it came to £9356

And those flights are returns with jet 2 from the U.K. Coming in at over £1000

For that money we can fly First Class to Thailand and spend 10 nights at Amanpuri. Cheaper drinks and plenty of sun loungers as well :-)

Edited by DYKWIA

And this is for the constellation!?

Which I love but it is only m class ... Is it because of the refurb in May???

As a last minute deal we paid approx $2300usd for 12 night east med/Israel cruise for balc cabin with drinks and gratuities on the Connie for 2 people!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Do these prices include taxes and gratuities or is this the base fee

Consumer regulations mean that the UK site includes taxes and fees but not gratuities at the initial stage of a booking. Gratuities will usually be included at the final stages - although it is a while since I have booked online so I am not as certain about this. The US website dose not (normally) include taxes and fees.

Consumer regulations mean that the UK site includes taxes and fees but not gratuities at the initial stage of a booking. Gratuities will usually be included at the final stages - although it is a while since I have booked online so I am not as certain about this. The US website dose not (normally) include taxes and fees.

Yes, should have made it clear, this is through the UK site, where incidentally you can see the new website ( well most of it)

Sorry, but those prices are ridiculous. $5800 pp for a 10 day cruise is more than double what we have been paying for two week cruises.

We recently booked two cruises out of Sydney for 2018 because Celebrity's NZ cruise was more than double RCI's and the X cruise was one day shorter.

I took a closer look at this sailing using a popular website that shows all available cabins. To my surprise there were only 3 remaining balcony categories and in those categories only 1 available cabin (all other categories were guarantee).

It seems this cruise is almost sold out and Celebrity is well known for listing very high prices in those situations (it's a great itinerary which may explain).

This past summer I was looking at a 14 day U.K. cruise out of Amsterdam and consistently saw prices for a 2C cabin at $7,900 Canada. It was a similar situation and most cabins were booked with very little availability. Fast forward to a few weeks after final payment and I was able to book this for $2,100 US (approx $2,800 cdn) including 2 perks. Based on the number of cancellations Celebrity dropped the price to reflect availability.

While the current pricing may seem ridiculous, it is simply a product of supply and demand. You may also want to see if there are any large groups booked on the cruise which might explain. Or perhaps pop over to the roll call to see how active it is.

Edited by RickT

I took a closer look at this sailing using a popular website that shows all available cabins. To my surprise there were only 3 remaining balcony categories and in those categories only 1 available cabin (all other categories were guarantee).

It seems this cruise is almost sold out and Celebrity is well known for listing very high prices in those situations (it's a great itinerary which may explain).

This past summer I was looking at a 14 day U.K. cruise out of Amsterdam and consistently saw prices for a 2C cabin at $7,900 Canada. It was a similar situation and most cabins were booked with very little availability. Fast forward to a few weeks after final payment and I was able to book this for $2,100 US (approx $2,800 cdn) including 2 perks. Based on the number of cancellations Celebrity dropped the price to reflect availability.

While the current pricing may seem ridiculous, it is simply a product of supply and demand. You may also want to see if there are any large groups booked on the cruise which might explain. Or perhaps pop over to the roll call to see how active it is.

Is it that they are sold out or as suggested in another thread that X is only opening half the ship for sale to make it look busier?

Is it that they are sold out or as suggested in another thread that X is only opening half the ship for sale to make it look busier?

Given the EXTREMELY limited availability and my experience this past summer I would say the ship is almost sold out. X gains nothing if cabins remain unsold. Given the two cruises immediately after this one are less than half the price it would seem foolish (feel free to insert sarcastic comments about some of X's actions over the years) to play a game on one cruise with no impact on the next two.

I also looked at the Roll Call for this cruise and it's significantly more active than sailings with a similar date. The roll call posted also would indicate a large number of active cruisers.

Given the EXTREMELY limited availability and my experience this past summer I would say the ship is almost sold out. X gains nothing if cabins remain unsold. Given the two cruises immediately after this one are less than half the price it would seem foolish (feel free to insert sarcastic comments about some of X's actions over the years) to play a game on one cruise with no impact on the next two.

I also looked at the Roll Call for this cruise and it's significantly more active than sailings with a similar date. The roll call posted also would indicate a large number of active cruisers.

Fair enough... I wonder why that one in particular is so popular.

Maybe 2017 is looking busier ... perhaps a sign economy is more stable

The German website gives me a price of 6,238 Euro (2 people, GTY balcony) for the June 5h sailing out of Venice. 200 Euro extra and you get a CC. It includes the GoBig (Classic beverage package) and all fees/taxes.

I watched the Vision of the Seas out of Venice (7 night, balcony, triple occupancy) for last May... the prices stayed fixed on 6,500 Euro something... for months. It went down 3 or 2 months prior to the sailing to a "regular" price of under 3,000 Euro.

I doubt that anyone will pay those high prices...

steamboats

The German website gives me a price of 6,238 Euro (2 people, GTY balcony) for the June 5h sailing out of Venice. 200 Euro extra and you get a CC. It includes the GoBig (Classic beverage package) and all fees/taxes.

I watched the Vision of the Seas out of Venice (7 night, balcony, triple occupancy) for last May... the prices stayed fixed on 6,500 Euro something... for months. It went down 3 or 2 months prior to the sailing to a "regular" price of under 3,000 Euro.

I doubt that anyone will pay those high prices...

steamboats

That works out at about £5200 - not cheap, but assuming your price includes Gratuities, that works out almost £2000 cheaper than the UK site (£7143) PLUS you get a "free" drinks package.

Edited by DYKWIA

Or $8790

Back in May 2016 I booked 8 night Fjords out of Southampton in a 2B cabin for £2771.00 with $200 on board spend and Classic drinks package. Celebrity are currently listing only "general" cabins available as 2D at £4400.00 with no perks!

On board in January we booked a high priced S! pre-Christmas cruise with four perks and the $300 booking bonus. In April X gave us an additional $300 OBC, so now we have $900 from Celebrity which will be difficult to use. Two price reductions softened the blow a bit, and our TA gives us $700 in refundable OBCs which I'm sure will go untouched.

Normally, we would have booked the Christmas cruise but it was so expensive we decided to pass this year until miraculously, Celebrity made an Aqua guarantee available for about 1/3 the then going A1 rate. We grabbed it, figuring as Elite+s with $700 returned from the first cruise it was just too good a deal to pass up. So that's how we are doing our B2Bs. We never would have done this except for the alignment of the stars.

Oh, and I should also mention that we upgraded our S1 to a CS last month only because the increase in price made it attractive, having paid so much for the Sky suite. We have traveled so widely over the years that now we would just as soon stay at home than pay through the nose. I feel sorry for people who are facing such high costs for such average product.

Or $8790

OMG! On 7th Oct this year I was quoted £2531 for 2 people 11 nights in a 2B balcony for cruise only on Reflection in Med. Summer of 2017 for £2531.00 including drinks, gratuities and $200 on board spend. For an extra £1040 I could get Stansted UK to Rome flights return in dedicated business jet with transfers and priority boarding etc.

Where do these pricings come from?