three quarter length slacks for ladies after 6:00 pm

markser

Also when I pick a cruise line that I want to cruise I also check the dress code and see if it fit what I want to do....if not I move on. I like to dress nice for dinner, however I don't want a suite or tux-that's me and that's one of the reasons we're on Regent now. I also don't want to see others in T's or others stuff, so we'll never see me on one of those cruise's.

When we don't want to dress proper we eat our suite and watch TV or read..........

Again that's what choice is all about.

Rick

Also when I pick a cruise line that I want to cruise I also check the dress code and see if it fit what I want to do....if not I move on. I like to dress nice for dinner, however I don't want a suite or tux-that's me and that's one of the reasons we're on Regent now. I also don't want to see others in T's or others stuff, so we'll never see me on one of those cruise's.

When we don't want to dress proper we eat our suite and watch TV or read..........

Rick

Agree completely!

Rick

Well said.

On port nights or overnights when people come and go on Crystal they are allowed in the venues with dress jeans and a collared shirt. Not ragged clothes. Some tours come back late and are hungry some people come and go off the ship during overnights and the 6PM deadline is has come and gone. What do you want them to do eat in their suite really?

How about my leather pants and leather jacket does that meet the Regent expectations? Sorry, we dress very well in casual clothes and we have been to the finest restaurants and have never felt out of place. Some people are still stuck or stuck up in the 50's and are too old to understand changing fashion and a younger wealthier generation will be cruising luxury lines. Some posters here sound like condo commandos of the ships.

On port nights or overnights when people come and go on Crystal they are allowed in the venues with dress jeans and a collared shirt. Not ragged clothes. Some tours come back late and are hungry some people come and go off the ship during overnights and the 6PM deadline is has come and gone. What do you want them to do eat in their suite really?

How about my leather pants and leather jacket does that meet the Regent expectations? Sorry, we dress very well in casual clothes and we have been to the finest restaurants and have never felt out of place. Some people are still stuck or stuck up in the 50's and are too old to understand changing fashion and a younger wealthier generation will be cruising luxury lines. Some posters here sound like condo commandos of the ships.

When a group arrives back to the ship very late, they do not have to change (does not happen often). As mentioned previously, Passages (Regents daily brochure describing the next days events) always reminds guests that jeans are not permitted. The Cruise Director reinforces this frequenty. There are more and more young people sailing Regent and seem to have no issue with the dress code.

Edited by Travelcat2

I am now having to go out and buy clothes for this cruise or I'm eating in the room every night. I have dresss jeans in black and gray, with a nice blouses, now not sure if I can wear them. This is a Christmas present from a friend and I don't want to cause a problem. I was thinking business casual, but thinking now its more country club wear now.:confused:

Every time I read a new post on this thread I'm conflicted about whether or not to post. OK, conflict over. I'm posting...and not for the first time, I feel compelled to express my views on this what is in my opinion the ridiculous topic of 'dress code'. We are not in high school. We are adults with hopefully a modicum of good sense. I will wear what I want to wear, what I feel good wearing and yes (sigh), what is within the 'guidelines' of the Regent dress code. However, having said that, I continue to roll my eyes at the 'no jeans after 6' policy. Especially because I can go into the finest restaurants around the world (Joes Stone Crab included!) and wear well tailored dark jeans with no issue. Having said that, I am on a ship with a dress code I must respect. However, I don't care what others wear. I care that others are reasonable, polite people. End of story.

I am now having to go out and buy clothes for this cruise or I'm eating in the room every night. I have dresss jeans in black and gray, with a nice blouses, now not sure if I can wear them. This is a Christmas present from a friend and I don't want to cause a problem. I was thinking business casual, but thinking now its more country club wear now.:confused:

If by jeans, you mean a denim-like fabric, in whatever colour, and styled like jeans, then you probably can't wear them. What I'd do is take a pair or two and wear them during the day, and just see the "lay of the land" in the evening and then act accordingly. After all, can a waiter of maitre'd really distinguish "jeans" of this type from other nice pants? Perhaps not.

That's what we're doing next month on Mariner--we'll take my husband's nice black and tan jeans, and he can wear them during the day, and as the cruise progresses, we'll see if he can deviate from his horrible tan docker-style "cruise pants" at night. I myself never wear jeans, I'm too round in the middle, so I don't have that problem--my problem is that I wear capris all the time. But at night I'll wear a long skirt or sundress, or (non-jean) pants and a nice top.

. After all, can a waiter of maitre'd really distinguish "jeans" of this type from other nice pants? Perhaps not.

I agree, Wendy.....and I don't expect a maitre'd to 'touch' my pants to determine if they are denim material. I mean.....really?!?!?!

I wish some people would not make comments on what they personally approve of as evening wear on Regent. The original query was about whether above ankle length trousers would be suitable and allowed for evening wear - the only answer needed is really yes, provided they are not denim. Any further comments merely reflect what an individual person likes to wear or see on board.

I'm the original poster, and I was afraid I would start a more general discussion than I intended.

Wading through the many interesting responses, I am concluding that although three-quarter length pants are not exactly slacks, which are one of the clothing items suggested in Regent's code, they are not shorts, which are definitely not permitted. Also, a few people acknowledged seeing other diners wearing three-quarter length pants, and those who did seemed to think it was OK. Therefore,I will tell my wife that the verdict is in and that three-quarter length pants are acceptable after 6:00 pm. She can start packing for next week's cruise.

Thanks, everyone.