Onboard Future Cruise Sales

JimC

Has anyone used the Onboard Future Cruise Sales program whereby you purchase a $100 deposit for a future cruise and you get an onboard credit on that future cruise? I have a question. Can I purchase, say, five $100 deposits and apply them to ONE future cruise and get 5 times the onboard credit?

no, you can purchase 5 but only use 1 per person per cruise, you can use 2 per cabin, i think they are good for 2 years. if you don't use them you can get your $$ back, but you lose the obc. Amount of obc vsries based on length of cruise. Go on the princess website and you can see the details and print out the form.

Thanks so much for all the prompt responses. I have one more question. If I book a future cruise with the onboard Princess rep. can I then shop around with travel agents and get a better price and then transfer the reservation to that agent, or am I stuck with the price given by the onboard rep ?

Thanks so much for all the prompt responses. I have one more question. If I book a future cruise with the onboard Princess rep. can I then shop around with travel agents and get a better price and then transfer the reservation to that agent, or am I stuck with the price given by the onboard rep ?

Yes you can use whatever TA you want and transfer the booking.

We never book onboard. We just buy the FCD's and book when we get home.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Yes you can use whatever TA you want and transfer the booking.

We never book onboard. We just buy the FCD's and book when we get home.

The cruise we're looking at is quickly selling out in the category and location we want so I want to book it while we're onboard (2 weeks from now). So I will have to use the FCD at the time I book it with the Princess rep. Will this matter so far as my looking for a better rate after I get home and transfer the reservation to a travel agent?

The cruise we're looking at is quickly selling out in the category and location we want so I want to book it while we're onboard (2 weeks from now). So I will have to use the FCD at the time I book it with the Princess rep. Will this matter so far as my looking for a better rate after I get home and transfer the reservation to a travel agent?

No....you can transfer to whatever TA you decide on.

Just give the TA the booking #.

I have bought as many as 4 FCCs at a time but you can only use one per cruise.

As for transferring to your TA, if a deposit has been made, you will probably have to give Princess something in writing before they will release the booking to your TA. Your TA can then apply their discounts, give additional OBC, etc.

Edited by azbirdmom

As for transferring to your TA, if a deposit has been made, you will probably have to give Princess something in writing before they will release the booking to your TA. Your TA can then apply their discounts, give additional OBC, etc.

I have always used email to my travel agent giving my permission to take over the booking. Princess has always honored that.

dz

If you book on board you actually don't purchase an FCD, but will get the same benefit. Your credit card will be charged $100/pp deposit, and you will receive the OBC. If you know the T.A. in advance you can assign the booking directly to that T.A. when you book with the on board rep. We purchase a few FCD's each and have them in reserve in case we want to book a cruise.

Has anyone used the Onboard Future Cruise Sales program whereby you purchase a $100 deposit for a future cruise and you get an onboard credit on that future cruise? I have a question. Can I purchase, say, five $100 deposits and apply them to ONE future cruise and get 5 times the onboard credit?

NO you can't.

You can but you only get onboard credit for just one of them sorry.

Tony

On the Future Cruise Deposit form it says the charge for the deposits will be applied to the charge card on file . I understand that. My question is if you have OBC for the cruise you are on and at the end of the cruise you have OBC left can it be applied to the Future Cruise deposit charge? For example if you have $200 OBC left can you use it for 2 FCD?

bob

On the Future Cruise Deposit form it says the charge for the deposits will be applied to the charge card on file . I understand that. My question is if you have OBC for the cruise you are on and at the end of the cruise you have OBC left can it be applied to the Future Cruise deposit charge? For example if you have $200 OBC left can you use it for 2 FCD?

bob

No, the FCC is charged to your credit card on file on the ship, not your onboard account.

This is why folks who like to sail with Princess should always purchase a number of FCD when onboard. That way you are ready to take advantage of any cruise offer you like without having to wait and make the booking while onboard for another cruise.

I wouldn't wait if you see a price, promo and a cabin that you really like. I have had luck applying the FCD to an existing reservation in the past but don't think they like making a practice out of it.

If the price is better down the line, you can always switch it over to a different promotion or better pricing if prior to final payment date.

But, if you wait and the pricing goes up or all the cabins you really want are gone, you might kick yourself for waiting.

The reduced deposit is just that ... reduced at the time of booking but you still owe the full amount upon final payment. Again, if there is something I really like, I won't hold it for that. Unless it is a non-refundable fare or past final payment date .. it can be undone and so now you've only held that cabin for a time when the purchase might favor you.

This is why folks who like to sail with Princess should always purchase a number of FCD when onboard. That way you are ready to take advantage of any cruise offer you like without having to wait and make the booking while onboard for another cruise.

That's what I do ... because you never know when you might have to take advantage of a great deal. However, I don't know what happened lately. I have future cruises booked and thought I had more of these FCC on hand. Luckily, I can always go down to the pier in San Francisco and sign up for the BVE, get that back as credit for another cruise as well as pick up some more future cruise deposits.