Why Doesn't Princess Have Staff Stationed Here?

MTJSR

Princess could resolve small problems here and/or help the confused traveler understand.

What better way to sell a cruise or heal a small wound than by real time corporate participation. I can dream can't I :D

It's always good to dream.... :)

IMHO... Why would a cruise line pay someone to post in a forum when anonymous cruisers will do it for free? Doesn't matter if it's accurate information or not when no one is accountable. ;) :)

Besides.... According to one statistical website there are over 20 million people who cruise every year where the vast majority of them have never heard of CC.

How long would it take before the name calling and pointed insults would start flying if a Princess rep was actively engaged in a conversation here?

Some can't be nice to one another, imagine what would happen if there was a "verified" target.

Interesting that he was able to link your screen name with your real name. Hmmmm.

If you think her name was hard to link. . . .

I was greeted at the Crab Shack several years ago by the head waiter and asked about some comments I had made on Cruise Critic.

Upon leaving the restaurant I peeked at the reservation list to see a hand drawn star by my name and the words Cruise Critic written in the border.

Princess is aware of every post made on Cruise Critic.

Mike;)

I have had conversations with people in the areas of the company that know what's going on and they confirmed that Princess does monitor this and other sites and do discuss the issues during regular meetings. Whether or not they address the issues in a timely manner or at all is another topic.

It's always good to dream.... :)

IMHO... Why would a cruise line pay someone to post in a forum when anonymous cruisers will do it for free? Doesn't matter if it's accurate information or not when no one is accountable. ;) :)

Besides.... According to one statistical website there are over 20 million people who cruise every year where the vast majority of them have never heard of CC.

Because cruise critic members cruise. Free feedback from a cruise specific forum like this, would be insane to ignore. This is where big ole blabber mouths like me vent or praise the current conditions onboard.

To some other comments, I of course know Princess monitors this board as they did when the balcony furniture was swapped for less desirable offerings. But, I was suggesting Princess could pick up where the 3 x 5 cards end and actually catch and control an issue posted here by offering a direct email to maybe get resolution.

I have not witnessed a Princess rep reaching out to someone here yet!

There are several boards on Cruise Critic where responses are posted from verified accounts belonging to staff/spokesmen of the cruise line (Celebrity, Azamara, Crystal, some other luxury and river lines). But if you peruse those boards you will see that their responses are limited to the "big corporate thumbs up" or suggestions where the member might go for a personal response. What more can be expected when answering a post from an anonymous member of an open-membership message board community? Remember that Cruise Critic rules discourage use of one's real name and contact information--so it this, or any other social media, the appropriate place to be posting "cruise issues or problems" while onboard? That is most likely why Princess does not respond (which is not to say they do not monitor); it is essential to take any issue directly to the source to be resolved--NOT the world wide web.

Celebrity had a Celebrity "Official" on the X board who did in fact help some who had a problem. Unfortunately that person left, & was replaced by a "robot" who responded with nothing more than cut & pastes from the company site. The original person now sometimes posts under another screen name, & has hinted that the parting was bot amicable. I understand the Azamara person is fantastic.

But all the comments on such things as the elimination of the option of chocolate covered strawberries for elites on formal evenings, the removal of the beef item from the always available menu and the new requirement that all pre-cruise shore excursion reservations must be paid in advanced have not changed the decisions made by HQ in these areas.

Really? We haven't cruised on Princess for about a year now. Going to Hawaii with son and dau-in-law next month. They will be very disappointed to see steak isn't an option on the alternative menu.

Sorry to also say that even though many do not know about CC, it's apparent from Facebook pages of some lines I've corresponded on, that others do know about CC, and don't come here due to attitudes and trolling of some here. (As if that doesn't happen on Facebook!) :rolleyes:

Edited by yuccaman

<snip>

I understand the Azamara person is fantastic.

We have booked our first Azamara cruise for Feb 2017. I was having problems setting up an account on their website. Their CC rep stepped up to the plate and got it sorted ASAP. If their on-board experience is as good as this was, we may well be converts! Very impressed so far.

Edited by SteveH2508

I like to think that Princess did not make the same changes to the Coral that were made to the Island because of the very negative feedback here.

We got off Island on 5 December, the ship is ruined with extra cabins, loss of Universal Lounge, closure of aft promenade deck. Been on Coral too, hope they do not ruin it.

BTW..the Island Maitre'D refused to allow our Cruise Critic group to have a lunch on board. Also the CC M&G was attended by the CD and Asst Purser, for 3 minutes, they were not really interested. Listening Princess?

I don't even have a Facebook account but I've read that Princess is pretty responsive to things posted there. I do believe that they monitor these boards as well. It's a pretty cheap way to get consumer feedback and data.

Hi all, I think it is possible that the participation in the roll calls on CC has decreased somewhat due to the use now of Facebook instead. I have noticed the change the last couple years, just a thought...

Cori

I did post a comment about being charged (until I discovered it and called Princess to get it removed) for an unneeded transfer from LAX (we live an hour's drive from the port so certainly didn't need a transfer and our booking agent knew we live close) on the Princess facebook page and did get a response. so maybe that's a better place to make a comment and get immediate feedback. But I also posted a comment there that I wouldn't join the facebook roll call there because it's too open (I wouldn't want to post when we were going to be away on a cruise...when it's my real name that would be seen). I noticed that months later, the roll calls went away for good so maybe others felt the same.

Because cruise critic members cruise. Free feedback from a cruise specific forum like this, would be insane to ignore. This is where big ole blabber mouths like me vent or praise the current conditions onboard.

To some other comments, I of course know Princess monitors this board as they did when the balcony furniture was swapped for less desirable offerings. But, I was suggesting Princess could pick up where the 3 x 5 cards end and actually catch and control an issue posted here by offering a direct email to maybe get resolution.

I have not witnessed a Princess rep reaching out to someone here yet!

I remember seeing someone from Princess posting here a couple of times, maybe a few years ago, but it could be that HQs in Santa Clarita decided it's not the best venue to answer people. so there could be a staff member or two that occasionally checks posts on this site and other cruising sites as well as social media sites...but would prefer those with problems contact them in a more private manner such as emails.

We got off Island on 5 December, the ship is ruined with extra cabins, loss of Universal Lounge, closure of aft promenade deck. Been on Coral too, hope they do not ruin it.

BTW..the Island Maitre'D refused to allow our Cruise Critic group to have a lunch on board. Also the CC M&G was attended by the CD and Asst Purser, for 3 minutes, they were not really interested. Listening Princess?

I remember someone trying to get a lunch reserved on one ship (can't remember if it was Princess or another line) maybe four or five years ago....and many suggested it might not be the best venue to have a meet and greet as it could inconvenience other passengers (just think, if you decide to eat in the MDR that is open for lunch just to be told that some big group reserved many tables so eat elsewhere or come back in an hour...).

I remember someone trying to get a lunch reserved on one ship (can't remember if it was Princess or another line) maybe four or five years ago....and many suggested it might not be the best venue to have a meet and greet as it could inconvenience other passengers (just think' date=' if you decide to eat in the MDR that is open for lunch just to be told that some big group reserved many tables so eat elsewhere or come back in an hour...).[/quote']

Sailing from the west coast, specifically San Francisco. It is likely you will see a large group onboard, all sailing under a (Sacramento travel agency's-name withheld) coordination. They set up a table near the passenger services desk and hand out daily group gifts, all part of that group tour. They will also sometimes eat in large groups. So the bottom line, it is done when Princess wants to. I have seen it!

Edited by MTJSR

If you think her name was hard to link. . . .

I was greeted at the Crab Shack several years ago by the head waiter and asked about some comments I had made on Cruise Critic.

Upon leaving the restaurant I peeked at the reservation list to see a hand drawn star by my name and the words Cruise Critic written in the border.

Princess is aware of every post made on Cruise Critic.

Mike;)

Hey Mike. Hope you're well! :p

I remember someone trying to get a lunch reserved on one ship (can't remember if it was Princess or another line) maybe four or five years ago....and many suggested it might not be the best venue to have a meet and greet as it could inconvenience other passengers (just think' date=' if you decide to eat in the MDR that is open for lunch just to be told that some big group reserved many tables so eat elsewhere or come back in an hour...[/color']).

Only one MDR is open for lunch. For the CC roll call lunches Princess has set them up in one of the normally closed MDRs. Does not affect those wanting to eat in the regular lunch MDR at all.

(Ocean Princess has only one MDR. We have had the roll call lunches there or in one of the specialty dining rooms.)

BTW..the Island Maitre'D refused to allow our Cruise Critic group to have a lunch on board.

When a Maitre d' told us that on the CB, I just spoke with the Hotel General Manager and he arranged for the lunch to be held in one of the dining rooms not normally open at lunchtime.

In the world of companies using social media etc etc, to reach the largest group of customers and potential customers. I am surprised cruise lines like Princess don't have staff monitoring boards like Cruise Critic. What a great place to handle/correct (in a very public place) cruise issues or problems. Not to mention, support positive experiences with a big corporate thumbs up.

I would think this forum just might have more impact than a 3x5 card dropped in a barrel. Just a thought!

I just got an email from Princess saying they now have a partnership with Cruise Critic and inviting me to share my thoughts on my recent cruise.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I hope Princess does monitor this because I want them to read this. We were going to book a cruise that visited Papua New Guinea as well as a few South Pacific Islands. I looked at the itineraries available and thought excellent Princess are thinking outside the box what a great itinerary. They have a number of these cruises and sailing dates but after the first few sailings Princess have substituted the best Vanuatuan port (Champagne Bay, a port coveted by a lot of cruises) with Luganville...OMG it's like going to a see a shack when around the corner sits the Colosseum. :confused: I'm not booking it for that reason and I know it's my choice but Princess what the heck are you thinking?