Just booked our 1st cruise..what next?

soggy1975

Yippee..we've just booked our 1st cruise

After a few posts on here and lots of help(thanks) we settled on 2 nts in Barcelona followed by a 7nt w meditteranean cruise on the Norwegian Epic.

Got a good price and upgraded from a family inside(they'd run out and we got a good price) to a family balcony.

So what do we plan next;roll calls? excursions?

So what do we plan next;roll calls? excursions?

Yes. Find your Roll Call. Look here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=576

How are you getting there? Assuming you are going next summer...airfares are pretty good right now.

Start researching how you want to see the ports. A guidebook is a good idea, like Rick Steves. Check the Ports boards, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Research...but you probably didn't need us to tell you that.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Check to be sure you know exactly where your passports are and that they are good till six months after your return. Also make sure your names on the booking match your passport names.

It's awfully easy to prepare for a cruise and not think about passports till too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well done, Soggy- glad we could help!

Have you worked out your own flights... there's usually plenty of cheap ones from even small airports, and it's only a short hop.

Do you all have an EHIC card- unless Brexit finishes that off.... :rolleyes:

We've enjoyed going with NCL (except their flight arrangements- stick to Easy Jet), but some don't seem to be as keen.

I think you'll all have a great time.

Enjoy! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats soggy!!

This is the most exciting time.. think of all the possibilities!! I always start with reading the ship reviews on cruise critic to get pumped up and then forums for each port of call. That gives me an idea of the kinds of excursions I am interested at each port and recommended vendors. Some ports I will book an independent excursion, some I can do research and venture on my own. The roll call is a good idea if you're social and into meet and greets.

If you are interested in specialty dining don't forget to make the reservations online too! I plan those around port days. Some of dates/times sell out quickly.

Oh, and transportation to/from the cruise pier. I know it's hard to think of the END of the cruise already but don't forget that ;)

We also just booked our first cruise on the Epic from Barcelona. What dates are you going? I'm traveling with my husband and 2 daughters- 17 and 19.

I am in process of searching for good airfares/routes. Anyone have any search engines or booking sites they recommend? I guess the fares are supposed to be good now, but when you multiply by 4....ugh! Trying to find the best deals I can get.

Check the airline's sites. In my experience, the best fares have been there. If multiple airlines fly the route from where you live, you can get an idea on TripAdvisor or Expedia, but don't book until you check the site of the airline you've chosen. That way, you'll feel sure you've gotten the best price you can. Don't second guess yourself. Prices may change either up or down; you just have to decide that you've done the best you could at the time you chose to book and never look back! Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Check the airline's sites. In my experience, the best fares have been there. If multiple airlines fly the route from where you live, you can get an idea on TripAdvisor or Expedia, but don't book until you check the site of the airline you've chosen. That way, you'll feel sure you've gotten the best price you can. Don't second guess yourself. Prices may change either up or down; you just have to decide that you've done the best you could at the time you chose to book and never look back! Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! Just what I needed to hear right now as I was secong guessing myself trying to play the "game". Got it booked with airline yesterday at a good rate. Now for the fun planning...☺

Sent from my SM-T237P using Forums mobile app