Family veranda stateroom?

uptowne001

I just noticed that a family veranda stateroom has become available for an upcoming cruise. When I looked through celebrity's site it is allowing me to book it even though there are only going to be two people in the room, and it says occupancy 2 people. I know these staterooms are intended for larger families. Is it ok to book it or will we get moved since there is only two of us? Thank you for any input you may be able to offer!!

I just noticed that a family veranda stateroom has become available for an upcoming cruise. When I looked through celebrity's site it is allowing me to book it even though there are only going to be two people in the room, and it says occupancy 2 people. I know these staterooms are intended for larger families. Is it ok to book it or will we get moved since there is only two of us? Thank you for any input you may be able to offer!!

I'd take it. The worse that can happen is Celebrity gets a booking for a family and "Bumps" you. If that should happen, chances are the Bump will be to a better stateroom than you have right now. In other words you have nothing to lose, everything to gain.

We had a C1 once on the Constellation, a month before sailing a F/V opened and we took it. Result was a refund of the difference between Concierge and Family rate, and a great aft 2 room corner view with a huge balcony.

Edited by WpgCruise

I just called and they said they couldn't give me the room because there had to be a 5 person minimum :( I can't do it through the website because we already have an existing reservation, so would need to switch rooms.

Call again. And again if needed. Once the room has been released (and can be booked on the website) you can have it with less than 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are in a Family Veranda and we as well are only two people. We got ours well before the 60 days as we booked online. As everyone else has said just keep calling and watching and if you get the Family Veranda it is a real treat. We have been very lucky and have had four Family Verandas and they are great:):) Have a great cruise.

Thank you all so much, you convinced me to figure out a way to get it. It is before the 90 days, so I booked it online and then called Celebrity to cancel the previous reservation.

It is actually going to be the room I give to my Mom and Dad. My husband, sister, and cousin will be on board too so we will get to use the balcony. My parent's have never have been on a cruise, work very hard, and have not been on vacation in a long time. In fact, my Mom has never even been anywhere tropical! I really want this to be special for them. I am hoping they will love cruising as much as I do and have a great time!

Thanks again for all the responses!

Thank you all so much, you convinced me to figure out a way to get it. It is before the 90 days, so I booked it online and then called Celebrity to cancel the previous reservation.

It is actually going to be the room I give to my Mom and Dad. My husband, sister, and cousin will be on board too so we will get to use the balcony. My parent's have never have been on a cruise, work very hard, and have not been on vacation in a long time. In fact, my Mom has never even been anywhere tropical! I really want this to be special for them. I am hoping they will love cruising as much as I do and have a great time!

Nice .... you are really a sweet daughter (or son)!!!

Congrats on getting it, and that's a very sweet thing to do for your parents! (What ship, btw?)

For others who may be reading this thread, the phone rep who said they couldn't book the FV for you was wrong. Once an FV has been released to the web site for booking by a group smaller than five, the phone reps should have been able to book it for you. Glad you were able to work it out yourself, but that phone rep was wrong.

Have a great cruise!

Congrats on getting it, and that's a very sweet thing to do for your parents! (What ship, btw?)

For others who may be reading this thread, the phone rep who said they couldn't book the FV for you was wrong. Once an FV has been released to the web site for booking by a group smaller than five, the phone reps should have been able to book it for you. Glad you were able to work it out yourself, but that phone rep was wrong.

Have a great cruise!

It is the Summit to Bermuda cabin 8181 (one of the corner aft cabins I believe.) It will be during the America's Cup play off races. Wow, you really can't beat those notifications that tell you when cabins become available! :)

It is the Summit to Bermuda cabin 8181 (one of the corner aft cabins I believe.) It will be during the America's Cup play off races. Wow, you really can't beat those notifications that tell you when cabins become available! :)

Enjoy the Family Veranda:):). We have been in cabin #7199 3 different times on the Connie and they are real nice cabins. You will have 3 lounge Chairs plus a table with 4 chairs around it. The balcony is huge and your family will love it. We are leaving in 2 weeks and we have a Family Veranda on a S class ship and there Family Verandas are at the front of the ship instead of the stern where you will be. Enjoy your cruise:):).

Edited by eastsider57

What do you mean by notifications? Please tell me about that.

Laura

Fantastic! Yes, 8181 is the portside corner aft. And deck 8 is terrific, you have cabins above and below. My wife and I lucked out and were able to book 8166 (the starboard corner FV on deck 8) on the Infinity a few years ago for a TA. It was a total treat. Here's a preview:

Infinityourcabin1024x789_zpsde66cf26.jpg

Infinity8166deck2_zps4321b3ec.jpg

(photos by turtles06)

Fantastic! Yes, 8181 is the portside corner aft. And deck 8 is terrific, you have cabins above and below. My wife and I lucked out and were able to book 8166 (the starboard corner FV on deck 8) on the Infinity a few years ago for a TA. It was a total treat. Here's a preview:

Infinityourcabin1024x789_zpsde66cf26.jpg

Infinity8166deck2_zps4321b3ec.jpg

(photos by turtles06)

Wow!!!! Thank you for these amazing pictures, now I am even more excited

Has anyone had a FV on the Reflection? They are at the very front and just became available on my sailing. Are there two bedrooms?

We have had the Family Veranda on the M class ships 3 times and as you said they are on the stern of the ship and a very nice balcony. This will be our first time on a S class ship and I am hearing that the balcony is not as big but the cabin is. Have a great cruise.:):)

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread but a FV room has become available on my cruise and I’ve called my TA re. an upgrade from a 1C balcony cabin!

Anyone that’s had a FV room- is the main difference the amount of space or is anything else worth having ?

We will be a group of 3 so the extra bedroom vs a sofa bed in our current statement seems much better! Just waiting to hear the cost of upgrading atm hence wanting to get some feedback on the main differences / if it’s worth it !

Thanks in advance :)

Sorry for bumping an old thread but a FV room has become available on my cruise and I’ve called my TA re. an upgrade from a 1C balcony cabin!

Anyone that’s had a FV room- is the main difference the amount of space or is anything else worth having ?

We will be a group of 3 so the extra bedroom vs a sofa bed in our current statement seems much better! Just waiting to hear the cost of upgrading atm hence wanting to get some feedback on the main differences / if it’s worth it !

Thanks in advance :)

You need to tell us what class ship you are on...EM