Go Blu or go.....

Longboysfan

Just off Reflection.

We were in Aqua class and used the Blu restaurant.

Great dining experience. Dario and his staff were fantastic the whole cruise.

Had 5 dinners there and breakfast there 5 times.

Everything was perfect. Staff always friendly and helpful.

We did go to Murano and Tuscan Grill but the quality was not that much greater then Blu.

AQ and Blu are the subjects of constant debate on the boards. We love Blu and will be AQ on Reflection Jan 7. Very happy to hear of your positive experience. Much has been said about rotating the menu. Did you hear anything about potential changes?

Great to hear that, we are off on Connie in a few weeks and are in AQ for the first time. Looking forward to the Blu experience [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were just on the Constellation for B2B cruises and had Blu. Wonderful food and service.

I am also happy to hear about your experience in Blu. Even though our restaurant is Luminae, we will definitely be alternating with Blu, as my DH and I enjoy the food, ambiance and color scheme. It is so nice to have a choice; we always eat very early and don't cause a back up...with all the negative comments lately, it is very refreshing to hear of your very positive experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

I am also happy to hear about your experience in Blu. Even though our restaurant is Luminae, we will definitely be alternating with Blu, as my DH and I enjoy the food, ambiance and color scheme. It is so nice to have a choice; we always eat very early and don't cause a back up...with all the negative comments lately, it is very refreshing to hear of your very positive experience.

We were on Reflection TA last month and told by the Maitre'd that Suite Pax will no longer be able to dine in Blu after the first of the year.

We were on Reflection TA last month and told by the Maitre'd that Suite Pax will no longer be able to dine in Blu after the first of the year.

We were on that same cruise & although we didn't hear that info it would have been a blessing. We know the EC for the speciality restaurants and mentioned to him how crowded Blu was & how slow the service was. He said on the Reflection. Blu normal dinner is 200 "plates"(guests). The first 4 nights Blu was doing over 300 plates. Since only AQ and Suite passengers can dine in Blu it seems clear where the extra came from.

We are also big fans of Blu. Our last three cruises were in AQ and unless we get a free upgrade to a suite, we will be in AQ n our next cruise. Find Blu to be a relaxing and enjoyable experience and since I can still order my escargot and onion soup, I am a happy guy.

We really enjoy the breakfast as well.

I think if a suite passenger wants to dine in Blu, his space in Luminae should be able to be taken by an Aqua passenger - that sounds fair, doesn't it? :)

DH and I would gladly trade places with AQ guests to try Blu and let them dine at Luminae in our stead. I read that Suite guests will no longer be able to dine in Blu after the first of the year so we probably won't get to try it. But we are up to trying each venue we can at least once. Cheers!

DH and I would gladly trade places with AQ guests to try Blu and let them dine at Luminae in our stead. I read that Suite guests will no longer be able to dine in Blu after the first of the year so we probably won't get to try it. But we are up to trying each venue we can at least once. Cheers!

I was being partially tongue-in-cheek but it really makes a lot of sense...forget for a minute the draconian "class" distinction...but wait a minute, let's examine that...if you are in a suite, Luminae is your assigned dining room. If you are in a regular cabin, the MDR is you assigned dining room. If you are in Aqua, Blu is your assigned dining room.

But if you are in a suite, and want to dine in Blu, it is "allowed", often leaving an empty table in Luminae, and impacting the AQ psgrs who can only dine in Blu.

Why not have a running sign up list if you are in AQ, and want to dine in Luminae. If Luminae psgrs dine in Blu, they contact the AQ psgrs who are next on the list (and since you usually request the day before, this should not be a problem) - giving them the opportunity to switch places.

This is a TWO-FOLD benefit to Celebrity...first of all, no stress placed on Blu, and it might sway someone to spring for a suite next time...think about it...

Experiences differ from week to week. Some have called Blu "quiet dining and intimate". On our cruise, it was loud and very crowded on the Reflection for dinner. Service was slow due to the number of diners. The food was excellent and the servers worked really hard.

We were on that same cruise & although we didn't hear that info it would have been a blessing. We know the EC for the speciality restaurants and mentioned to him how crowded Blu was & how slow the service was. He said on the Reflection. Blu normal dinner is 200 "plates"(guests). The first 4 nights Blu was doing over 300 plates. Since only AQ and Suite passengers can dine in Blu it seems clear where the extra came from.

Not doubting what you were told but there are 112 suites on Reflection (if you include Aqua Suites) and nearly 50% of Luminae passengers were eating in Blu? Something doesn't add up. Just looked and there appears to be 156 Aqua Class cabins.

Edited by Oz_Steve

Just off 10 nights on the Eclipse. We ate in Blu every night. The service and atmosphere were fantastic. We had the same server and assistant every night.

There were some times when I did have trouble picking an entree but didn't want to go to the MDR. It was just a very nice relaxing dinner every night - that is not something we get in the MDR so we'll probably stick with it (price being right).

Just off 10 nights on the Eclipse. We ate in Blu every night. The service and atmosphere were fantastic. We had the same server and assistant every night.

There were some times when I did have trouble picking an entree but didn't want to go to the MDR. It was just a very nice relaxing dinner every night - that is not something we get in the MDR so we'll probably stick with it (price being right).

Can we request a server? Who was yours :)

Did you have a table for two? Was it very close to the one next to you?