Whats your favorite Caribbean ports to just stay on the ship?

George C

What ports to you just skip and stay on the ship?

San Juan is one of the ones I skip since its more of a city and no close beaches ( another reason is I have done it so often)

I also can be tempted at most places that we need to tender ( only if I have been there many times)

Just like a almost empty ship, with plenty of chairs around the pool and no crowd at the bar

( have done about 50 Caribbean cruises)

Edited by George C

What ports to you just skip and stay on the ship?

San Juan is one of the ones I skip since its more of a city and no close beaches ( another reason is I have done it so often)

I also can be tempted at most places that we need to tender ( only if I have been there many times)

Just like a almost empty ship, with plenty of chairs around the pool and no crowd at the bar

( have done about 50 Caribbean cruises)

I live on a beach, I like San Juan. ;)

I'll generally stay onboard if tendering is involved. Unless it's a place I have not been yet.

After our most recent cruise (we were advised that Belize City is "awful" so we didn't get off there) I'm not sure I'd bother at Roatan again. Nassau, definitely not (too much Tanzanite) and St. Martin (both of which we have been to many times). I've stopped climbing Dunn's but would encourage newbies to possibly do it once (how LONG does it take to get there from Falmouth?) and we thought Ocho Rios and Fern Gully were getting "old" way back when.

The first time we ever cruised (1981) we met a couple who were not getting off in Venezuela and I was astounded but I've learned over time that it is nice to be on the ship when it is practically deserted sometimes.

Edited by Bootman4U

The first time we ever cruised (1981) we met a couple who were not getting off in Venezuela and I was astounded but I've learned over time that it is nice to be on the ship when it is practically deserted sometimes.

What port was that? I dont think any of the large cruise lines have stopped in Venezuela for years

Falmouth, Nassau for sure.

I used to be really bored with Cozumel but now that we are cruising with kids there are a lot of great things to do there with them, so I am excited about it again.

Key West- again- get off with kids (Conch Train, etc) but when it's just DH and I we stay onboard!

St Thomas is a great place to book a private sailboat if that is within the budget. But, don't care about shopping.

I would vote Nassau, except it's Bahamian and not Caribbean, so I'd vote Falmouth.

I'm confused, the Caribbean is a sea so the islands in that sea are often called Caribbean islands. Some folks say that Eleuthera is the border between Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea. So Nassau could be considered a Caribbean Island..