Price drop after final payment

wombatjoey

You can't get it back as OBC

You can't re-book at the new price

There is one option that might be of interest -- if you see a stateroom category better than yours at the price you originally booked, they may be able to move to you that better stateroom.

Example, you booked category 8 at $1000. The day after final payment it drops to $500. You can't get the $500 difference back. But if a category 6 is now $1000 you can probably get a change in cabin.

cruistitch has the right idea. Look at the current pricing and find out what category is $1 or more above your current pricing.

Call your TA and ask to pay to upgrade to that category.

Before doing that however, triple check that the rate you are seeing has the same perks. While a reduction in price is common after final payment date, sometimes the reduction is a resident rate or removal of the Perks.

Good luck.

You can't get it back as OBC

You can't re-book at the new price

There is one option that might be of interest -- if you see a stateroom category better than yours at the price you originally booked, they may be able to move to you that better stateroom.

Example, you booked category 8 at $1000. The day after final payment it drops to $500. You can't get the $500 difference back. But if a category 6 is now $1000 you can probably get a change in cabin.

Exactly what happened last year. Booked mini suite for cruise to Alaska, day after final booking price went Down 600 pp. with a lot of haggling with TA and Celebrity I was put In a Celebrity Suite for same price . And kept my OBC. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ditto to all who have suggested receiving a higher cabin for little to no $ after payment.

For my upcoming cruise, this was not available. I had a Sky Suite booked and it dropped by the tune of $3,000 CAD for the cabin (yup! not a typo); I was crying - LOL!

However! at the time of the price drop, I was sailing on a cruise ... so I went to Future Cruise Vacations and booked a Suite GTY (all that was available at that time) and not only grabbed the $3,000 price savings, BUT! received an additional $300 USD OBC for booking on board.

Then! I cancelled my booking with the TA, accepting quite graciously, the $900 penalty (cruise deposit) - it was before the 56 day window. So although I lost my deposit $, I saved a significant amount of $ and gained additional OBC.

Always checking, always doing the math :)

Heather

I watch pricing on my trips everyday. My brother was booked on Windstar inside cabin for Tahiti earlier this month. The day before he was flying out (he was going 10 days early) I saw that his price had dropped $250pp. I called him and he went to his travel agency and was given $500 OBC. He used that to pay for the drink package (they charge $107 per day pp for the 7 night cruise). He wasn't planning to do a drink package, but once he had the OBC he decided to use it for that. Pays to call your travel agent or if you booked directly with cruise line - call and ask for OBC or refund in price.

We also had a significant price drop after final payment. We were in the penality phase where to cancel would cost $900. Price drop was over $3500.

It was a no-brainier for us. We cancelled and rebooked. We lost some Non-refundable OBC ( we didn't need) and after deducting the $900 we are getting a refund of $2500. After the cancellation & new booking were done TA moved us back to our original cabin.

The option to upgrade wasn't much of an option as AQ, CC were both way less than when we booked. Moving to a Suite would have cost us $1000 and since we snagged a FV after final payment we would have lost the larger cabin and huge balcony.

We had two cruises with Celebrity do that this past year. Alaska and then Amsterdam to Rome. We used one of the big online TAs and when I inquired about the drop on the Alaska trip they were no help, just "sorry, nothing we can do". When it happened again to the tune of almost $2000 on the other trip I called again, got the same reply. To that I replied that they had booked something like 5 or 6 cruise for me on Celebrity over the past few years and while I do have a bit of status on Celebrity now I would be happy to switch cruise lines and TAs going forward. Within two days we were moved, along with our friends how had booked with us, from a 1A to an A1. So the moral to the story, ask nicely, be firm. They may say there is nothing they can do but when pushed they can and will make a phone call and get you something.

BillyBob57, just paypal me the difference in your cruise fare and I will be happy to send it on to Celebrity, to pay for my next cruise.....

Yes, I agree with so many comments made above. I have my game plan set up and told my TA to be ready! Checking the site each and every day is always my mission, along with a plan in mind for different scenarios... however, I love where my cabin is, so that is a big factor too...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums