Beverage package

It has been a couple years since my last RC cruise and I believe that when we boarded then there were deals for the beverage package. Are their deals for this when you board or is it the same price as what would be offered online prior to the cruise?

Have not seen any deals on board the ship for beverage packages in quite a while. It's actually the opposite now with the better pricing being available by purchasing before you sail through the cruise planner.

There have been recent reports of discounts being available for D+ and Pinnacle that are a bit cheaper.

Also Platinum and Emerald get some free drinks and deals loaded on their cards. For me, that's enough since I'm not a huge drinker but do enjoy an occasional beverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I never heard of Platinum getting free drinks ? Can you explain this more ? Thanks !

There's an online "deal" now for 20% "off the onboard price" but as always be aware of the final price of the package. In our case for a seven-night cruise we would have to consume about 9 drinks a day and at the max $12.00 price.

You're seeing a 20% off price that works out to $108 per day (9x$12)? That's an amazing price. The highest price I've seen quoted here has been $68 with no discount.

Are you sure you read that right? And are we talking USD? Just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're seeing a 20% off price that works out to $108 per day (9x$12)? That's an amazing price. The highest price I've seen quoted here has been $68 with no discount.

Are you sure you read that right? And are we talking USD? Just curious.

Looking at the "we would consume" I'm guessing that's the price for TWO-- which works out to $54, right in line with where I'd expect it to be.

Also Platinum and Emerald get some free drinks and deals loaded on their cards. For me, that's enough since I'm not a huge drinker but do enjoy an occasional beverage.

Sorry, but the free drinks loaded on your card don't start until Diamond. The BOGO soda, wine or beer is a one time offering for everyone from Gold on up.

There's an online "deal" now for 20% "off the onboard price" but as always be aware of the final price of the package. In our case for a seven-night cruise we would have to consume about 9 drinks a day and at the max $12.00 price.

By that math you paid over $127/day for your beverage package ($12/drink + 18% gratuity x 9 drinks. For a 7 day cruise that would be $889. That seems a tad high.

Using the recent 30% savings, we're each paying $363 total for our 7 day cruise. That says I need to imbibe 3.6 $12 drinks a day. What usually tips the scales for most folks though is the water, juices and coffee. A bottle of water is $2.50 with no package. That can get pricey. We have found, two drinks at dinner, 1 or 2 throughout the day at the pool, and the waters and morning coffee or specialty coffee, more than covers the price of the ultimate package.

Happy sailing

So confusing, bought the deluxe beverage package and voom when it was on sale for 48/day. Called RCL 2x to ask about gratuities. One said the 18% is per drink ordered (not the $48 originally spent) and the other said because I pre-booked on line, gratuities are included in the cost I already paid. Going to try and call again tomorrow to hopefully get a definitive answer.

Walker409 - you used the term "bought" so I'm going to run with the idea that you now own a beverage package. So for you the whole 18% question is academic. That was dealt with when you completed the purchase. If the package was on offer for $48 and the price was still $48 when you clicked to complete the purchase then the gratuities were included. If the final price had an extra line item that brought it up to $56 then you paid the gratuities as an extra when you completed the sale.

I just started a mock purchase to verify I remembered the process correctly. When I said I wanted to add it to my cart, the next screen asked me which of us was going to get it.

Lower left of that screen was a little blurb telling me they were going to add 18%. At which point I dumped out.

If you want to know if you paid grats extra look at your order history in your Cruise Planner.

The bottom line is if you have a paid package then grats have already been dealt with one way or the other. You will not be charged and additional 18% on your cruise for drinks obtained with your package.

Enjoy your package and your cruise. [emoji4]

So confusing, bought the deluxe beverage package and voom when it was on sale for 48/day. Called RCL 2x to ask about gratuities. One said the 18% is per drink ordered (not the $48 originally spent) and the other said because I pre-booked on line, gratuities are included in the cost I already paid. Going to try and call again tomorrow to hopefully get a definitive answer.

Don't call.

Shoreside often does not know what happens on board.

It is all good - just as you booked it. Go on your cruise and enjoy. :)

@traveler279...thanks so much for the clarification! My numbers were 1$ off as the package was 49$ a day. Also taking into account that for this special, gratuity was lowered to 14.5%, the money I was billed adds up now! Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me.

As they say, two out of three ain't bad :p

@traveler279...thanks so much for the clarification! My numbers were 1$ off as the package was 49$ a day. Also taking into account that for this special, gratuity was lowered to 14.5%, the money I was billed adds up now! Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me.

Are you sure about that. I have seen specials where the per diem price is reduced but I have never seen a reduction in gratuity charge.