Platinum perks?!

BusyBlond

So, I will be sailing on the Epic in February. It will be my first sailing as a Platinum guest. I've read some of the perks, but not sure exactly how you go about redeeming them? For example the dinner for 2. Is that something I need to pre-book? or will there be a voucher in my cabin? I'm sailing solo, so will I be allowed to dine alone? What else do I need to know? I've cruised a lot, but I'm not loyal to any one cruise line, so I'm not really at an elevated status on any line. I think I'm most excited about the ship tour. I've done behind the scene on a small Carnival ship, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the galley on a mega ship. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

There will be an envelope in your room with your Platinum perks. One will be a voucher for your Le Bistro (or La Cucina) Dinner. You can go online 90 days before your cruise and make a reservation for Le Bistro, but you might need to say 'for two' to book it. It's no cost to make the reservation ahead of time. Just take the voucher to your dinner. You will also get a choice of a bottle of wine from a special menu.

If they are offering the behind the scenes tour on your cruise there will be information on this in your envelope, too. You usually need to sign up for that as soon as possible.

Your bottle of wine, small box of chocolates, and chocolate covered strawberries might be waiting in your cabin or will show up during that first day.

If you don't have the envelope waiting in your cabin just contact the Latitudes desk on-board so they can get you set-up. Have a great cruise!

So, I will be sailing on the Epic in February. It will be my first sailing as a Platinum guest. I've read some of the perks, but not sure exactly how you go about redeeming them? For example the dinner for 2. Is that something I need to pre-book? or will there be a voucher in my cabin? I'm sailing solo, so will I be allowed to dine alone? What else do I need to know? I've cruised a lot, but I'm not loyal to any one cruise line, so I'm not really at an elevated status on any line. I think I'm most excited about the ship tour. I've done behind the scene on a small Carnival ship, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the galley on a mega ship. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The coupons will be in your cabin when you check in.

If you know what time you want to dine at either Moderno or La Cucina for the platinum perk dinner, you can make the reservation prior to your cruise (90 days out for non-suites, 100 days for suites). Just take the coupon with you and give it to the hostess when you arrive. Yes, you can dine alone.

Don't forget that you get one free bag of laundry, which is great because you can get items washed and folded and ready to put in your suitcase to take home.

Thanks everyone for your quick replies. and a special thanks for the tip about laundry. I didn't even know that was a thing. LOL

Do not send anything delicate to the ships laundry as the detergent is pretty harsh and the temperature pretty high.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, I will be sailing on the Epic in February. It will be my first sailing as a Platinum guest. I've read some of the perks, but not sure exactly how you go about redeeming them? .... I think I'm most excited about the ship tour. ... I'm really looking forward to seeing the galley on a mega ship. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

For the Behind the Scenes tour you usually have to sign up the evening of Embarkation Day. So read your packet info asap when you get to your cabin so you'll know how/where/when to sign up for the tour.

Don't forget that your dinner voucher is for TWO dinners - so you will be able to enjoy a second night as well! The only caveat I've experienced when doing this is that you need to discuss this with the maître d in advance so they note that you have a "second" night to book as part of your Platinum perk. (Unfortunately, my experience is that you need to dine both nights in the same restaurant - either Le Bistro or La Cucina.)

But don't miss out on that second night! :)

Don't forget that your dinner voucher is for TWO dinners - so you will be able to enjoy a second night as well! The only caveat I've experienced when doing this is that you need to discuss this with the maître d in advance so they note that you have a "second" night to book as part of your Platinum perk. (Unfortunately, my experience is that you need to dine both nights in the same restaurant - either Le Bistro or La Cucina.)

But don't expect to get two bottles of wine.

Membership Tiers

Tier Points

Bronze 1-19 points

Silver 20-47 points

Gold 48-75 points

Platinum 76+ points

That is 1 point per night.

But remember you can get extra points for booking early and also for being in a suite.

I see that some latitudes cruise specials give double points per night.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Membership Tiers

Tier Points

Bronze 1-19 points

Silver 20-47 points

Gold 48-75 points

Platinum 76+ points

That is 1 point per night.

But remember you can get extra points for booking early and also for being in a suite.

Yes I think I read that more points are given for booking more than 9 months in advance. Thanks for that info.

I see that some latitudes cruise specials give double points per night.

Very true but as we tend not to travel on the Mega ships or round the Caribbean or the Mediterranean (we far prefer longer re-positioning cruises) I never take that into account!! vbg

Heya! Yep it'll all be in your room, my favourite platinum perk by a mile was the free laundry! Don't miss that, we managed to squash so much into the bag that it saved us a lot of money.

I've talked about my experiences with it here which may be of use to somebody: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/09/23/ncls-platinum-lattitudes-status/ :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I think I read that more points are given for booking more than 9 months in advance. Thanks for that info.

Yes, you get an extra point for booking 90 days out, booking a suite and booking a latitudes insider offer. So, if you did all these, you would get 4 points a day. Edited by NLH Arizona

Wine is good enough :D for cooking prep & as marinate, so we asked for it unopened and bring it home ... unless someone else in our cruising party wants to drink it. Maybe, we will barter them for canned sodas - under the current rules :rolleyes:

Comp'd laundries are good, without a surcharge. Not as excited about the dining @ LeBistro with the platinum voucher - but, last 2 sailings - we treated another couple cruising with us to eat a light supper there :p - they took care of cash tipping for dinner services there (so, a win-win).

This is not correct on some ships. They will NOT allow you to use your "perks" split. Not sure how often you sail or where, but with 9 cruises that I took this year, only 2 ships allowed me to use the voucher split between 2 nights. Was denied all the rest. I've also been platinum about 15 years (when you first qualified with 14 cruises) and over 500 days now. So, not a new perk for me.