Passport Stamps at Cruise Ports

Mellpn1

I guess that means my drivers license and my birth certificate aren't mine either? The government issued me MY passport. I don't think they will take it away from me unless I am thrown out of the country. If they want to do that over a Caribbean passport stamp I would be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, they can take it away from you. Certain felonies, condition of bail, at the request of a law enforcement agency, unpaid child support all are reasons for having your passport taken. That doesn't equate to being thrown out of the USA or losing you citizenship.

I have many stamps in my book. All came from official places in the Caribbean. Mainly post offices which are official government agencies. I have flown to many places and have never had any problems what so ever. If I go to china I will make sure to renew my passport but until then I'm not worried. Now please, this post is for those people looking for places to get theirs stamped. No need in posting if you don't agree. We're still going to do what we want with our own passports. This thread is also for people wanting the info for their travel books that have nothing to do with a passport itself. Thanks and happy cruising!

I for one would be thrilled to fill a passport.

I mean like I paid $100 for one thats good for what 10 years?

If I was lucky enough to fill only 8 years. I think I could live with the $20 loss.:rolleyes:

I for one would be thrilled to fill a passport.

I mean like I paid $100 for one thats good for what 10 years?

If I was lucky enough to fill only 8 years. I think I could live with the $20 loss.:rolleyes:

Exactly!

Actually, they can take it away from you. Certain felonies, condition of bail, at the request of a law enforcement agency, unpaid child support all are reasons for having your passport taken. That doesn't equate to being thrown out of the USA or losing you citizenship.

This isn't about that through. I will not have any of those troubles so I believe I can pick and choose what I want in it. They won't take it from me over a stamp. Point made. Thanks.

Kind of a pain to wait in line, but I got my passport stamped in a Tulsa, Oklahoma post office this morning. Will try for Wichita, Kansas next week.

So I guess should have let the guy at the Red Rock National Conservation Area in Las Vegas stamp his passport. See my earlier post.

DON

So I guess should have let the guy at the Red Rock National Conservation Area in Las Vegas stamp his passport. See my earlier post.

DON

Well if he wanted it why not? It would be for him to worry about right?

• Like 1

Got mine stamped in St. Thomas @ the U.S. Post Office in the port area.;)

Thank you! Ive been looking for that as we will be in St. Thomas the end of the month. Do you remember where you go to get there?

I have many stamps in my book. All came from official places in the Caribbean. Mainly post offices which are official government agencies. I have flown to many places and have never had any problems what so ever. If I go to china I will make sure to renew my passport but until then I'm not worried. Now please, this post is for those people looking for places to get theirs stamped. No need in posting if you don't agree. We're still going to do what we want with our own passports. This thread is also for people wanting the info for their travel books that have nothing to do with a passport itself. Thanks and happy cruising!

Interesting that you seem to be referring to your passport as a "travel book". Why not get a real "travel book" - in which you could collect postmarks, national park stamps, even autographs of noteworthy people you run into on your travels?

Insisting on using your passport for such purposes might not result in its invalidation --- but wouldn't you feel like some sort of ditz if you managed to fill up every page with such trivia - and then had an opportunity to travel overseas where a real passport with open pages was needed - and your little scrapbook would not work - so you had to go to the hassle/expense of getting a new one?

Thank you! Ive been looking for that as we will be in St. Thomas the end of the month. Do you remember where you go to get there?

Yes.

:) @ the Havensight Docks, Exit gate #2 turn left it's on the right. :)

I guess that means my drivers license and my birth certificate aren't mine either? The government issued me MY passport. I don't think they will take it away from me unless I am thrown out of the country. If they want to do that over a Caribbean passport stamp I would be surprised.

"U. S. GOVERNMENT PROPERTY. This passport is the property of the United States..."

"Only authorized officials of the United States or of foreign countries may place stamps or make notations or additions in this passport."

From the "IMPORTANT INFORMATION" page of "your" passport.

It is not yours, and it is not a scrapbook.

I wouldn't be. The government works in strange ways sometimes. An unauthorized marking could very likely hold up the renewal process and require reams of extra documentation. Not a chance I would take over something so silly. No one will ever be impressed by your PlaySchool stamp. I would suggest your read Page 6 in your passport. No, I don't have it memorized, my son's passport is next to me as it needs to be renewed and he asked me to send it from work on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"U. S. GOVERNMENT PROPERTY. This passport is the property of the United States..."

"Only authorized officials of the United States or of foreign countries may place stamps or make notations or additions in this passport."

Can you be of some help to this thread and tell us of any authorized official locations at all??

Got mine stamped in St. Thomas @ the U.S. Post Office in the port area.;)

That's like saying you got it stamped in Puerto Rico. Why on earth would a US citizen do so, and I am surprised they would even grant the request.

I guess that means my drivers license and my birth certificate aren't mine either? The government issued me MY passport. I don't think they will take it away from me unless I am thrown out of the country.

No one is talking about your DL or BC. The government indeed can take your passport away. It is true, whether you believe it or not, that these silly souvenir stamps can invalidate your passport.

Can you be of some help to this thread and tell us of any authorized official locations at all??

Any immigration booth at an airport when you are entering, and exiting a country.

I also don't understand the fixation with "passport stamps" and and am confused as to why a US citizen would get a stamp from the US Virgin Islands.

Edited by 6rugrats

Please stop. We can get any stamps we want in our passports. If your telling me that customs and immigration and a United States post office is not an authorized official place to get passport stamps your just not right. I have all official stamps so I'm not sure what your problem is with my original post. Now let us continue our discussions without all this crap being posted. Thanks.

No one is talking about your DL or BC. The government indeed can take your passport away. It is true, whether you believe it or not, that these silly souvenir stamps can invalidate your passport.

Any immigration booth at an airport when you are entering, and exiting a country.

I also don't understand the fixation with "passport stamps" and and am confused as to why a US citizen would get a stamp from the US Virgin Islands.

It's a personal choice that we all have. You choose not to and we choose to do it. Why do you care what we do?

• Like 1

I wouldn't be. The government works in strange ways sometimes. An unauthorized marking could very likely hold up the renewal process and require reams of extra documentation. Not a chance I would take over something so silly. No one will ever be impressed by your PlaySchool stamp. I would suggest your read Page 6 in your passport. No, I don't have it memorized, my son's passport is next to me as it needs to be renewed and he asked me to send it from work on Tuesday.

It's not to impress anyone. It's a personal choice. You choose not to do it and some of us do. Why try to argue about it?