Went Zenith in September......Haven't heard a thing???

cruiseerf

Hello Oh Mighty Cruise critic Celebrity guru's:

So I have reached the Zenith of Celebrity cruises Frequent cruiser program as of September 2016. I read about all these GREAT benefits etc that I will receive yet I have yet to hear a peep from Celebrity Cruises??

I would think if this was a real "Achievement" in Celebrity's eyes they could have at least sent me a card or an email saying Congrats? I heard there are 280+ Zenith's now and the department is overwhelmed according to my travel professional, but three months is an awful long time for nobody to reach out. IMHO.

Suggestions? Thanks and Happy Sails.

So I have reached the Zenith of Celebrity cruises Frequent cruiser program as of September 2016. I read about all these GREAT benefits etc that I will receive yet I have yet to hear a peep from Celebrity Cruises??

I would think if this was a real "Achievement" in Celebrity's eyes they could have at least sent me a card or an email saying Congrats? I heard there are 280+ Zenith's now and the department is overwhelmed according to my travel professional, but three months is an awful long time for nobody to reach out. IMHO.

Congratulations. Even though you shouldn't have to do this call the Captains Club desk.

We reached Zenith level after completing our Nov. 28 cruise on Dec. 10th. Within several days our "My Celebrity" account Web page indicated that we are now Zenith level. I do not expect any further notice but do expect on our next cruise to receive all the benefits due the Zenith level.

My understanding from crew members, who are in the know, that on our next cruise we will be receiving some type of unique recognition. I told them that we would like to be surprised so I have no idea what it will entail.

By the way, the total number of Zenith level Captain's Club members is probably much less than 150 or even somewhat even lower, perhaps in the 130 to 140 range, but that is a guess based on some conversations I have had with other Zenith members. The exact number is not divulged to any of the ships' crew members, only Headquarter's CC leadership knows the exact number. It is like a secret society.

puzzled.gif.8b229e8c9d8f5b35baeb6cf8690834c9.gif

Your travel professional has doubled (+) the number of Celebrity Cruise addicts that have attained 3,000 points. There is an 800 number for Zeniths and the phone is normally answered in minutes.

You can email me for the number.

We reached Zenith level after completing our Nov. 28 cruise on Dec. 10th. Within several days our "My Celebrity" account Web page indicated that we are now Zenith level. I do not expect any further notice but do expect on our next cruise to receive all the benefits due the Zenith level.

Exactly. If the website confirms it, you'll benefit when you're on board next. Not sure what else the opp is expecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our cruise on the Constellation a Zenith couple were announced at the Connections Party and they had the honour of cutting a special cake which was distributed around to everyone. I can only assume the Captains Club host looked after all the other bits and pieces

Many congratulations on reaching Zenith. Unless I win the lottery this is something which will never happen in my life time. I'm very happy because I will become elite plus this year, so no chance of Zenith lol. An amazing achievement enjoy xxx

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello:

Thanks for all your congrats, I guess I will see on my next cruise. I will have my Travel Agent do her follow up as my Traveling companion will go Zenith within the next few weeks and then my travel agent can handle the both of us ;) Two birds....one stone.

As far as the Zenith numbers.....I was told by an excellent source....That there is now 250+ Zenith members.....More than ever before and growing faster then expected. Double occupancy credits for single bookings and expanded Suite Class bookings with high captain club points is pushing many people over the Zenith Threshold....There is no longer the 100-150 people were told it was. They are currently looking at the next step for this.......

Keep in mind that the original Zenith members of this program mostly made their level in the old program based upon Many Many cruises regardless of cabins.....Thus you have Zenith's who made their way in inside cabins. Now with the new program, these people would never make Zenith.....Now you have people who are spending big $$$ achieving Zenith....People who take three or 4 cruises per year in PH or Royal suites.....This is actually the market Celebrity is courting as it helps them charge higher prices for their suites etc. I am not saying it's "all about money" but I am saying that they are recognizing their top cruisers by $$$ now in contrast to # of cruises in the past. Exactly the same way the Airlines are recognizing their top flyers by the $$$ paid for the tickets....

Companies rarely take away perks......They will probably add some perks as they adjust their program. Maybe there will be a Zenith Pinacle or Zenith+ as people hit 6000 points.....Where you get a chef to cook you eggs chairside by the pool ;)))))) Joke! Time shall tell. This all said, the program looks successful on paper....but I still have no notification except on the website which did update my status.

Regarding luggage tags...After calling Celebrity 6 times trying to get tags for our upcoming cruise......Nothing. Some things never change.........

Safe Sails to all!

I heard it from someone who explained that Celebrity is trying to keep Zenith as the pinnacle of the cruiseaddicts......as Arno said. That said, A program that claims to have a hundred Zeniths......sounds far more exclusive then under 500 Zeniths.....Which is why Celebrity keeps these numbers under wraps. That said, I hear its around 285+ currently.....

Safe sails to all!

I heard it from someone who explained that Celebrity is trying to keep Zenith as the pinnacle of the cruiseaddicts......as Arno said. That said, A program that claims to have a hundred Zeniths......sounds far more exclusive then under 500 Zeniths.....Which is why Celebrity keeps these numbers under wraps. That said, I hear its around 285+ currently.....

Safe sails to all!

If there are as many as your source states, other Zeniths would be reporting their presence in Michael's or at the Captain's club celebration. Many ships now mention all the Zeniths on board at the party. My Zenith "spies" on board have not met the other 200 on any of the ships. I can only surmise that the recent inductees are very private and isolated in their suites. :D

Companies rarely take away perks......They will probably add some perks as they adjust their program. Maybe there will be a Zenith Pinacle or Zenith+ as people hit 6000 points.....Where you get a chef to cook you eggs chairside by the pool ;)))))) Joke!

They recently added Unlimited Internet for all Zeniths (previously was 1680 minutes). Also added embarkation day Concierge lunch access for Zeniths.

The Double Zeniths would be perfectly happy if they also received Luminae access. Has been suggested and emphatically rejected !!!

Any guesses when the Zenith qualification target will go up from 3,000 to for example 5,000? It's bound to happen at some point.

I hope not before we make it...hahaha! We are on our way to Elite +, but who knows what will happen during the rest of our travels. We like S1 corner aft cabins....

Anyway, Congrats to the OP‼

As someone who only travels in Suites and has dined in Luminae since inception.....Adding Zeniths would only stress the system and provide less service for the people who pay Most. Even as a Zenith, I am completely opposed to this. Zeniths in Michaels club, Free internet and Laundry fine. But when it comes to Zenith Perks affecting services by Celebrity's highest paying passengers, it is no wonder this was "Emphatically rejected".....

Already on Transatlantic and Pacific cruising Michaels club swells with Zeniths and we stopped going because all the Zeniths were milking their free drink perks and with our suite we could drink anywhere around the ship.....Why would we crowd into that dark lounge? Many more open and lovely options.....

As with all programs, this one will grow and change.

Safe sails to all!

As someone who only travels in Suites and has dined in Luminae since inception... Adding Zeniths would only stress the system and provide less service for the people who pay Most. Even as a Zenith, I am completely opposed to this. Zeniths in Michaels club, Free internet and Laundry fine. But when it comes to Zenith Perks affecting services by Celebrity's highest paying passengers, it is no wonder this was "Emphatically rejected"...

The appeal that comes with the increased space that comes with sailing in a suite; for me, nice but not essential... And I understand that some really value the experience associated with dining in Luminae; I just don't happen to be among them...

What I don't understand is why a Zenith member would necessarily pay the hefty suite premium--including on the more affordable Transatlantic and Transpacific cruises that don't tend to be packaged with "Go Big, Go Better, Go Best" perks--when those perks are provided by virtue of having attained Zenith tier...

I must be missing something...

Edited by Xport

We have not been to MC since they limited it to suites & Zeniths, & never again will as we will never reach Zenith or book a suite. As to why one would crowd into that dark lounge, one of the things we do enjoy about the CC cocktail time is the opportunity to meet new friends who have something in common (Celebrity).

As someone who only travels in Suites and has dined in Luminae since inception.....Adding Zeniths would only stress the system and provide less service for the people who pay Most. Even as a Zenith, I am completely opposed to this. Zeniths in Michaels club, Free internet and Laundry fine. But when it comes to Zenith Perks affecting services by Celebrity's highest paying passengers, it is no wonder this was "Emphatically rejected".....

Already on Transatlantic and Pacific cruising Michaels club swells with Zeniths and we stopped going because all the Zeniths were milking their free drink perks and with our suite we could drink anywhere around the ship.....Why would we crowd into that dark lounge? Many more open and lovely options.....

As with all programs, this one will grow and change.

Safe sails to all!

Don't really think a few Zeniths would affect Luminae. Was told on Equinox by the ROM that Luminae on Reflection was the same size but has twice the guests (due to converting all the AquaClass Suites to Sky Suites). If Reflection can handle 2X the guests then ALL the other ships could handle the few extra Zeniths.