Went Zenith in September......Haven't heard a thing???

cruiseerf

Our choice has always been that we would prefer to take two cruises in Concierge Class (CC) versus spending the same money and only be able to take one cruise in a suite. If we have had an opportunity to get a suite for the same cost as a CC stateroom, then of course we took it. Now that we have attained Zenith and will receive all of the same perks and amenities as those in a suite, except for not having access to Luminae, we will now only book CC on M class ships for the larger stateroom and standard verandas on S class ships since all are about the same size.

We did very much enjoy the ambiance, presentation, food and service of Luminae on our most recent cruise (took advantage of a Sky suite price drop) but we still enjoy the food in the MDR.

We love the space that the suites afford and we enjoy the quiet perks that we have received over the years. I won't go into what you can receive as a Royal or PH guest, but suffice it to say that is far above and beyond what we have received in regular cabins. This and the added space is why we enjoy booking suites on Celebrity.

I think that if a Zenith achieves 12,000 points they should be able to dine at Luminae. Thats the same difference between between Elite plus and zenith.....X 4.

Safe Sails all!

Hello Oh Mighty Cruise critic Celebrity guru's:

So I have reached the Zenith of Celebrity cruises Frequent cruiser program as of September 2016. I read about all these GREAT benefits etc that I will receive yet I have yet to hear a peep from Celebrity Cruises??

I would think if this was a real "Achievement" in Celebrity's eyes they could have at least sent me a card or an email saying Congrats? I heard there are 280+ Zenith's now and the department is overwhelmed according to my travel professional, but three months is an awful long time for nobody to reach out. IMHO.

Suggestions? Thanks and Happy Sails.

I turned Zenith mid-September 2015 and received a letter, nice leather luggage tags and a badge (which I'm not ever going to wear!) a month later. Give Captain's Club a call. Otherwise the benefits are pretty much as stated on the website. As mentioned above internet is now unlimited.

I have met 2 Zenith members...I do think that number is very low and very rare!!!

We "made" Elite Plus when the big "switch" was made back in late '13...and we will never make Zenith...we'll be sailing in heaven by then!!! :D

We have sailed regular balcony, Concierge and now only AQ...IMO it would be nice to have some level between Elite Plus and Zenith...something that could be attained by more passengers. TBH...I really miss "Michael's Club"...in "the olden days" ...the CC Happy Hours were held there...and when I pass by now I rarely see anyone there??? LuAnn

When you get something for nothing, it is all good. I am elite+ and like the perks. When elite was the top level, people were happier. At the elite cocktail reception or breakfast, there was no distinction. Now there are people who make attaining the advanced levels a topic to be discussed. I find it odd that people would book a suite just to get more points. The extra internet minutes, free coffee, or bag of laundry is not worth spending extra money on a suite. If you need more laundry or coffee, buy it. I recently read an article that stated that if you book a suite, you're on the wrong ship. The only time to book a suite is on an all suite ship. When I first started cruising, I did book suites. It wasn't long before I realized that the extra cost wasn't worth it. On Celebrity, I have never been in a suite.

When you get something for nothing, it is all good. I am elite+ and like the perks. When elite was the top level, people were happier. At the elite cocktail reception or breakfast, there was no distinction. Now there are people who make attaining the advanced levels a topic to be discussed. I find it odd that people would book a suite just to get more points. The extra internet minutes, free coffee, or bag of laundry is not worth spending extra money on a suite. If you need more laundry or coffee, buy it. I recently read an article that stated that if you book a suite, you're on the wrong ship. The only time to book a suite is on an all suite ship. When I first started cruising, I did book suites. It wasn't long before I realized that the extra cost wasn't worth it. On Celebrity, I have never been in a suite.

TBH...I really don't get the money that X charges for the "suite life"...but that is just ME!!!...I would much rather sail AZ or O...in a regular cabin...and get that experience. But ...to each his own!!!...We have decided..that at least for the T/As we will book AZ...as we like the "smaller ship" experience and the staff and perks we get there! The last T/A on X was a ZOO!!!,,and we will not repeat!! LuAnn

I also think Zenith should be allowed in Luminae. I can't believe that would be much of a strain on the restaurant. For people who have achieved this level for being such loyal clients, they deserve something extra.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As an only suite guest and a Zenith Member, I would much rather the other Zenith Members dine in the main dining room. Suites guests are often paying 3-20 times the regular cabin guests and deserve something special. Putting Luminae on offer to 300+Zeniths would have dire affects on service, food etc.

If Zeniths want to dine in Luminae can't they pay the $50 or $75 per person on occasion. Then let the Zeniths pay for it if they want it. It's as easy as that. Zeniths already have Michaels club access and on transatlantics you can hardly find seating at times.

Celebrity has given enough to it's loyal Zeniths....Leave Luminae for the people who have actually paid for it. It's a great restaurant and one of the reasons we pay the $$$ to EXCLUSIVELY dine there and stay in suites. If it became another crowded loud restaurant, we might as well go back to Crystal or Oceania. The price points are all similar when you look at square footage etc.

Safe sails to all.

As an only suite guest and a Zenith Member, I would much rather the other Zenith Members dine in the main dining room. Suites guests are often paying 3-20 times the regular cabin guests and deserve something special. Putting Luminae on offer to 300+Zeniths would have dire affects on service, food etc.

If Zeniths want to dine in Luminae can't they pay the $50 or $75 per person on occasion. Then let the Zeniths pay for it if they want it. It's as easy as that. Zeniths already have Michaels club access and on transatlantics you can hardly find seating at times.

Celebrity has given enough to it's loyal Zeniths....Leave Luminae for the people who have actually paid for it. It's a great restaurant and one of the reasons we pay the $$$ to EXCLUSIVELY dine there and stay in suites. If it became another crowded loud restaurant, we might as well go back to Crystal or Oceania. The price points are all similar when you look at square footage etc.

Safe sails to all.

Do you realize what you are NIT PICKING about:eek::eek::eek:

Take a breath and think about it.

300 Zeniths? There won't be 300 Zeniths for quite a while -- there are only around 140-150 today.

They don't all sail on the same ship at once, of course. The maximum I ever saw was a Transatlantic where 8 Zeniths were all on board. Most cruises don't have any. I would say that between 2 and 4 per cruise is plausible.

So just how much pressure can that be for Luminae?

And how much crowding can that cause to Michael's Club. Zenith passengers have premium drink packages and can get their beverages anywhere on the ship.

And how did they get to that level of Captain's Club? They paid for it, over and over and over. Sorry, but your argument is just silly.

Still, you are entitled to your opinion. It doesn't matter much one way or another because Celebrity shows no inclination to change the Zenith benefit to include Luminae.

My guess is that most Zeniths would be in suites anyway. You wouldn't make that sort of commitment to Celebrity and travel in inside cabins. One would need the suite points to get to Zenith anyway

I don't think that's true. I know quite a few Zeniths who don't travel in suites. As a general rule I don't.

Edited by excitedofharpenden

My guess is that most Zeniths would be in suites anyway. You wouldn't make that sort of commitment to Celebrity and travel in inside cabins. One would need the suite points to get to Zenith anyway

How to become Zenith? Take a lot of cruises and be very loyal to Celebrity. We rarely take land tour (non-cruising) vacations so the Celebrity cruising points have added up over many years.

We have been sailing on Celebrity since 1990, starting in ocean view staterooms (the Horizon, Zenith and Century (initially) had no veranda staterooms.) Then switched to Concierge on Millennium and Solstice Class ships. We have sailed several times in Sky or Celebrity Suite staterooms when the price dropped below our concierge class stateroom rate and we were able to upgrade after the final payment was made. So after 26 years of loyally sailing with Celebrity on 53 individual cruises (some B2B) we finally attained Zenith.

Luminae dining is very nice and travelers paying for suites should receive additional perks. I am very grateful for the perks I will be receiving as a Zenith member even though we will not have access to Luminae.

I am not sure there are as many as 300 Zenith members. We sail mainly non-Caribbean itineraries and have done only two trans-Atlantic repositioning cruises (2006 and 2011) and yet have been top cruisers on many cruises as Elite and Elite+ members both before and after the Zenith level was established in 2014. We sailed on five cruises last year and only met two Zenith members who were sailing with us on the three - B2B cruises we just finished on the Constellation.

Agreed, most Zenith level passengers do not sail in suites. I know quite a few who prefer inside staterooms. They simply have cruised often enough to acquire the points, many cruise multiple times per year.

Your post says it all. Celebrity markets Luminae as a suites only benefit. Imagine someone in a suite sitting next to someone in a inside cabin and through conversation learning this.

• 11 months later...

Hello to all Cruise Lover !

We became Zenith last October but will only be recognized as is on our next cruise in Feb. 2018 on the Constellation with no words from Celebrity in the mean time. clear.png?emoji-frown-1741

This ship was dry dock in May, did anymore saw it yet ? I read not that great comments about it.

Concerning the Zenith Level it is impossible to really get the total number of Zenith members but we know that some have already stopped cruising due to age.

Been told they do some type of ''Special Ceremony'' when you reached that level. We will see but this is not the type of event we like to attend.

We were really excited to reach that new level but the more we looked the more we came to realized that since we are lucky enough to always travel in Suites there is not much excitement there for us. But we certainly understand that some people may enjoy the extra perks !

There are numerous reasons to boots Suite, other than obtaining points.

Space. Specifically, closet space, drawer space, bathroom space and all around a larger area.

We’ve booked Suites for many years. And way before the point conversion.

It’s all about choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Kinnizen congratulations upon reaching Zenith. We are Elite and that will be as high as we will ever reach. Re the Constellation we did the post docking cruise last year and were more than satisfied with the condition of the ship.

I have no idea what the Cruise line will do for you privately when you get on board but on that Connie cruise another couple were recognised at the Connections party by way of cutting a special cake which was distributed to all present.

Zenith is an accumulation of lots of points and in my view unless one is a regular suite user it is an impossible target to reach. We took 6 cruises using Concierge and Balconies to reach Elite and to get any higher ie ELite plus we would need another 8 cruises or there abouts and that wont happen

Kinnizen congratulations upon reaching Zenith. We are Elite and that will be as high as we will ever reach. Re the Constellation we did the post docking cruise last year and were more than satisfied with the condition of the ship.

I have no idea what the Cruise line will do for you privately when you get on board but on that Connie cruise another couple were recognised at the Connections party by way of cutting a special cake which was distributed to all present.

Zenith is an accumulation of lots of points and in my view unless one is a regular suite user it is an impossible target to reach. We took 6 cruises using Concierge and Balconies to reach Elite and to get any higher i.e. ELite plus we would need another 8 cruises or there abouts and that wont happen

We are close to elite +, but never will be zenith and that is just fine with us. We enjoy corner aft suits because of the extra room. Luminae is good in many respects, but my DH and I eat healthy and simply, so not everything is appealing; however, they have made us some special items at our request. Also, we are not of the kind that fancy alcohol, but do have a drink now and then, but more on cruises. Furthermore, my DH could not care less whether we travel in a regular balcony or a suite, but he believes that suites are a waste of money. However, lately, he has been enjoying the suite life a bit more...hmmm, maybe we might make zenith on our very last cruise! No matter how one feels about those who make zenith, life goes on with or without attaining it! I am excited to try suite life on the Edge in April.

To all you zeniths...enjoy it as much as you can. You can sit next to me in Luminae anytime!