What does Carnival do for Birthday's?

no1volman

We booked 2 rooms on the Dream for July. My daughters friend who will be traveling with us will turn 15 the day before we board. I was using "my cruise manager" on the Carnival website and noticed that when you click on "my guest". You have an option for special occasions and can pick a date. So I picked birthday under her name and picked the date that we board the ship (even though it's technically the day after her birthday). But it doesn't actually say what Carnival will do. Has anyone tried this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We didn't register for birthday under special occasions but when we were on the Breeze last week my husband got a $50 gift card to the spa for his birthday! The Thessalotherapy (no idea how to spell that) was only $40 for 24 his so he used that. It was nice!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

We didn't register for birthday under special occasions but when we were on the Breeze last week my husband got a $50 gift card to the spa for his birthday! The Thessalotherapy (no idea how to spell that) was only $40 for 24 his so he used that. It was nice!

I have to wonder if this was for his birthday. Every time we have cruised with Carnival we get one of those (never used it) and it's never a special occasion. :confused:

I have sailed about seven times on my birthday and I got a cake at dinner once. I usually don't make a point of telling them but if you tell your waiter, you might get a cake and a song. We were just off the Inspiration a couple of days ago and they sang happy birthday about 8 times one night.

I doubt they are going to give a 15-year-old girl a spa card.

And even if they did, she'd have to go out-of-pocket to use it on anything. I got one of those useless cards on the Pride a couple months ago and there were no services (plus mandatory 15% tip) which would have been covered by that $50.

My husband got the same $50 spa certificate, but we figured there was nothing there for that low price, so we just tossed it.....now I'm wishing we had checked! That therapy pool looked very inviting!

I doubt they are going to give a 15-year-old girl a spa card.

And even if they did, she'd have to go out-of-pocket to use it on anything. I got one of those useless cards on the Pride a couple months ago and there were no services (plus mandatory 15% tip) which would have been covered by that $50.

We regularly get this in my name and nothing for me there and they will not let you transfer to DW so we keep tossing it

You get a small dessert and they sing.

The spa card they give you in the hope you spend over $50 as this amount will not get you much in the spa.

Do you realize how many guests are celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, honeymoons on a cruise? Very hard for the cruise line to arrange free stuff for everyone.

Celebrated my wife and son's birthday on the Glory and nothing. No spa card nothing. Was a little disappointed after reading about the threads.

Still had a good cruise (but going to Disney for daughters birthday).

We just sailed in December on Elation, and my daughter turned 12 during the cruise. I had noted that it was her b-day with our PVP. They sang and gave her a small cake on the dining room. The funny part was that since we do Your Time dining, and had different waiters each night...they actually ended up doing it on three separate nights!!! We also bought a cute sundae glass at the candy shop on board, filled it with candy, and had it delivered to her in the MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just sailed in December on Elation, and my daughter turned 12 during the cruise. I had noted that it was her b-day with our PVP. They sang and gave her a small cake on the dining room. The funny part was that since we do Your Time dining, and had different waiters each night...they actually ended up doing it on three separate nights!!! We also bought a cute sundae glass at the candy shop on board, filled it with candy, and had it delivered to her in the MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had a similar experience on the Sunshine in April. DH and I were celebrating our anniversary and received a special dessert and song once in the steakhouse and twice in the MDR. Only difference was we had assigned dining and therefore the same waitstaff every night, so the second time they brought out the special dessert and sang to us it was a bit awkward.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed the week before Christmas on the Magic, the second day was my husbands birthday. We indicated his birthday while doing the online check in, but didn't tell anyone else. He received a birthday card containing slips for both a free picture and a $50 spa card. He was also brought a small cake in the MDR and they sang to him. Very nice gesture from Carnival!

Celebrated my wife and son's birthday on the Glory and nothing. No spa card nothing. Was a little disappointed after reading about the threads.

Still had a good cruise (but going to Disney for daughters birthday).

Make sure she gets a birthday button in any of the shops. I just got back from my first Disney trip for my 40th, and I never had so many people wish me a happy birthday[emoji3]

• 1 year later...

My last two cruises included my birthday. The cabin steward each time left a $50. off coupon for the spa, which went directly into the trash.

In addition the second time the Steakhouse staff sang Happy Birthday and presented us with a "special" dessert made of Rice Crispies and chocolate. I ate the dessert I had ordered.

I didn't expect anything since we make our own fun for special occasions. I really don't expect Carnival to do anything for every passenger who is celebrating something.

This is not a complaint, just a report. My sailing companions made both birthday cruises memorable.

You can add Birthday or Anniversary or Congratulations(graduation) to your online check in and also repeat at check in at the port. Will you get anything? You might get a spa card or a photo shop card or you might not. Luck of the draw I guess.

I tell my family expect nothing and then, be happily surprised when you get something.

But if you tell the dining staff you are having a celebration, you are very likely to have them sign and maybe bring an ice cream or cake to the table.

Some ships are doing the enmass signing for all guests on one night. Several friends from different ships and itineraries have shared that with me. Personally I think I would like that better than hearing happy Birthday 12 times in one evening. The special table celebrations have continued on those ships as on couple told me they had the group sing and 2 nights later they had a cake for their 30th anniversary brought to the table.