Grandeur sailing 1/14 missing Charleston

I just checked on the Grandeur 1/14/17 sailing out of Baltimore the 9 night Southeast and Bahamas cruise. The ports were supposed to be Charleston, Miami, Orlando (Port Canaveral), Nassau and Cococay. The Charleston port is now missing from the itinerary. Does anyone know what happened. When i checked ahead to February the same cruises were missing the Charleston port as well. :( Not happy about this.

Well, that's disappointing. It is still listed as arriving according to the Port of Charleston website. Hopefully it's a mistake on RCCL's part?

Be prepared for all the people on these boards to point out that you signed a contract and they are entitled to change the itinerary without notice... :rolleyes:

Charleston is a lovely town, I hope your ship makes it there!

Edited by micmacmissy

Well, that's disappointing. It is still listed as arriving according to the Port of Charleston website. Hopefully it's a mistake on RCCL's part?

Be prepared for all the people on these boards to point out that you signed a contract and they are entitled to change the itinerary without notice... :rolleyes:

Charleston is a lovely town, I hope your ship makes it there!

Oh sure- i know that they can change the itinerary- i would just be very disappointed is all. I was looking forward to going to Charleston. I am still hoping it is just a glitch and that this is not real since if i go onto my booking on their website it certainly still pulls up Charleston for me to book excursions. It is only on the initial screen when you are searching for cruises that it has it removed.

I just checked on the Grandeur 1/14/17 sailing out of Baltimore the 9 night Southeast and Bahamas cruise. The ports were supposed to be Charleston, Miami, Orlando (Port Canaveral), Nassau and Cococay. The Charleston port is now missing from the itinerary. Does anyone know what happened. When i checked ahead to February the same cruises were missing the Charleston port as well. :( Not happy about this.

That would be awful....

Charleston is the best port of the 5

We are on that itinerary on Feb. 4th. I just called and they say no change in our itinerary. Now, do I believe them, or not...that is the question. I guess I will have to wait to find out. I checked our reservation and it is still listed. Can't do a mock booking to check because it is sold out.

That is the main reason I booked this cruise. We have friends in Charleston that we are meeting up with. I hope they let us know before we sail, so I can tell them we will not be there. I think it will be a cruise where I stay on the ship, otherwise. That was the only port I was looking forward to. Been to all the other ports and am not impressed with them. But, I love the ship, so that is good.....

Gwen :)

I just called Royal (called C&A first time) and got the same answer....Charleston is still on the itinerary. They said it must be a website issue. Really?...they don't ever make mistakes...:rolleyes: I guess time will tell.

I suggest others call and see if you get the same answer. Don't take for granted the website is right, or that anyone you speak to is right either...lol

Not much we can do about it if they cancel it. At least some people got to see it. I don't think Charleston was too happy to have us there to begin with. I guess they would sooner have Carnival. I think Carnival have cruises that leave from there.

Just went to the RCCL site and they are still advertising excursions in Charleston.

We were there 2 years ago on Vision and had a fun time shopping at the market and nearby shops. Also, right next to where the ship docks is the "Fleet Landing'' restaurant. Great place to have a fun lunch, with drinks, after shopping and before going back to the ship.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Rick and Deirdra

We are on that itinerary on Feb. 4th. I just called and they say no change in our itinerary. Now, do I believe them, or not...that is the question. I guess I will have to wait to find out. I checked our reservation and it is still listed. Can't do a mock booking to check because it is sold out.

That is the main reason I booked this cruise. We have friends in Charleston that we are meeting up with. I hope they let us know before we sail, so I can tell them we will not be there. I think it will be a cruise where I stay on the ship, otherwise. That was the only port I was looking forward to. Been to all the other ports and am not impressed with them. But, I love the ship, so that is good.....

^^^^This.

I just called Royal (called C&A first time) and got the same answer....Charleston is still on the itinerary. They said it must be a website issue. Really?...they don't ever make mistakes...:rolleyes: I guess time will tell.

I suggest others call and see if you get the same answer. Don't take for granted the website is right, or that anyone you speak to is right either...lol

Not much we can do about it if they cancel it. At least some people got to see it. I don't think Charleston was too happy to have us there to begin with. I guess they would sooner have Carnival. I think Carnival have cruises that leave from there.

Fingers crossed, Gwen. :eek:

Gwen,

As a person who lives very near Charleston, your comment is way off. The Rich who live downtown don't want ANY ships here. However, the rest of us do. We welcome All ships here. I would love for a Royal Caribbean ship to sail from here.

Edited by jrmende63

Okay, we're on the April 8th 9 night which is also scheduled for Charleston. I searched for the cruise while not logged in and while it doesn't show up on the itinerary, it does show up when you click on the cruise. So, click on where it says "9 night southeast coast & bahamas cruise" and it still shows Charleston. So, it very well could be a glitch.

Gwen,

As a person who lives very near Charleston, your comment is way off. The Rich who live downtown don't want ANY ships here. However, the rest of us do. We welcome All ships here. I would love for a Royal Caribbean ship to sail from here.

I live in Charleston and there is a big push to stop all cruise ships from stopping here. Plenty of us want cruise ships here! I would love it if Royal would cruise from here!

I hope y'all get to stop in Charleston!!!

Gwen,

I'm glad to hear that. I read somewhere a couple years ago, that Charleston did not want the cruise ships there. I realize that not everyone feels that way. It was just a generalized statement. I since learned that Carnival sails from there.

Visiting Charleston is the main reason I booked this cruise. We have friends who live there and are hoping to meet up with them when we stop there. So looking forward to it. Charleston looks like a beautiful city. We drove through there years ago, but, didn't stop. This is my chance to see it now.

Perhaps you could recommend some must see places in Charleston. I'm sure our friends can take us there, but, just in case they will not be able to meet up with us, it would be nice to have a backup of places to see. Thanks......

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm glad to hear that. I read somewhere a couple years ago, that Charleston did not want the cruise ships there. I realize that not everyone feels that way. It was just a generalized statement. I since learned that Carnival sails from there.

Visiting Charleston is the main reason I booked this cruise. We have friends who live there and are hoping to meet up with them when we stop there. So looking forward to it. Charleston looks like a beautiful city. We drove through there years ago, but, didn't stop. This is my chance to see it now.

Perhaps you could recommend some must see places in Charleston. I'm sure our friends can take us there, but, just in case they will not be able to meet up with us, it would be nice to have a backup of places to see. Thanks......

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It really depends on what you are interested in. Someone had mentioned the market down town, which is right there off of the ship. They have lots of neat things in the market.

There are forts and plantation houses. Lots of things to see. Without knowing what excursions Royal had to offer, I would suggest you browse them and see what interests you.

One of the main reasons that the rich folks here in Downtown Charleston, don't want any ships here is congestion of traffic. Because of this congestion, you will want a RC excursion, if you don't meet your friends.

Enjoy Charleston. We go downtown and play tourist sometimes. It is fun. There is lots of history here. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Charleston and there is a big push to stop all cruise ships from stopping here. Plenty of us want cruise ships here! I would love it if Royal would cruise from here!

I hope y'all get to stop in Charleston!!!

I don't think the downtowners will win. At, least the majority of us don't want them too win.

Charleston is back on the itineraries, so it was some kind of glitch. We have friends who live near Charleston and we may meet up with them, but otherwise, can't decide what to do while there.

Charleston is back on the itineraries, so it was some kind of glitch. We have friends who live near Charleston and we may meet up with them, but otherwise, can't decide what to do while there.

Glad to hear it.