steak house first night question

jdemps

We're headed out on July 8th and have made a reservation for 10 in the steakhouse that first night.

Anyone know how many bottles of free wine will they give for a table to 10?

Also, does cheers work in the steakhouse?

Thank you!

We're headed out on July 8th and have made a reservation for 10 in the steakhouse that first night.

Thank you!

Cheers does work in the steakhouse ... enjoy :)

There have been varying reports about how many bottles they will give you with a group. From what I understand, it averages about 1 bottle per 4 persons, but YMMV.

thanks for the replies. there are certainly varying reports on the rules!

We'l mostly have cheers in the group so we'll drink the nicer wines. I was just curious about the freebie offer and it's 5 cabins.

Any idea how many bottles of wine you can purchase (50% off) at the steakhouse on the first night?

We purchased two 50% bottles of wine at the steakhouse on the first night of the Vista Transatlantic. The sommelier told us we could buy more, but we had carried on six bottles (Europe home port policy :D) so we didn't need more.

Thank you!

Some will hold you to one bottle per TABLE!

Prior to our last cruise I emailed the steakhouse and asked specifically if it would be one per cabin (there were 3 cabins) or per table. I explained that we would be willing to make separate reservations (each cabin) if needed in order to qualify for the free bottle per cabin.

They very politely emailed me and told me we would get the 3 bottles for the one table and reservation. :)

I took a copy of the email with me!

On another note, the free wine is not that great. ;)

Cheers does work in the steakhouse ... enjoy :)

There have been varying reports about how many bottles they will give you with a group. From what I understand, it averages about 1 bottle per 4 persons, but YMMV.

Are you sure that cheers does not work in the steakhouse?

Sent from my iPhone

We purchased two 50% bottles of wine at the steakhouse on the first night of the Vista Transatlantic. The sommelier told us we could buy more, but we had carried on six bottles (Europe home port policy :D) so we didn't need more.

We just tonight ate at the Steak House on the Vista - the first day of our cruise. They would only allow us to buy one bottle per person at 50% off - I was very disappointed as had hoped to buy two bottles per person.

we ate in the Steakhouse on the Magic last night and it was our anniversary so we bought a nice bottle of Cabernet for 1/2 price. The manager asked if we would like to take the free bottle back to our room. We accepted her offer , very nice, not great but it was free

Just got off Breeze this morning. Our party of four placed two separate reservations but came in together and asked to be seated together. We were informed that the policy was one bottle per table. We asked to speak to the manager who repeated the policy, but finally relented and gave us two bottles. Santa Carolina from Chile.

Are you sure that cheers does not work in the steakhouse?

Sent from my iPhone

Jimbo- I think the comment was that Cheers DOES work in the steakhouse...

However if you're leaving out of Galveston, I believe Cheers doesn't kick in until the next day, if I'm right. So it depends what port you're sailing from.

• 5 weeks later...
Not too sure about this. I have heard they do NOT enforce the dress code on the first night because people may not have received their luggage by dinnertime.:confused:

How did we even get on the subject of shorts anyway? The OP mentioned nothing about what they were wearing? :confused:

How did we even get on the subject of shorts anyway? The OP mentioned nothing about what they were wearing? :confused:

LOL....I think it's just a helpful hint or information. Seeing as it's the lst night OP was talking about and people might be wearing very casual clothes to embark, they might not have their luggage in time to change. Just a FYI I think!;)