Cagney's Dress Code

stickey_mouse

I know pants aren't officially required in Cagney's, but I have read some posts suggesting pants be worn in that particular restaurant. Will I feel out of place if I wear nice shorts in Cagney's? What do most people do? I am male, if that makes any difference.

I know pants aren't officially required in Cagney's, but I have read some posts suggesting pants be worn in that particular restaurant. Will I feel out of place if I wear nice shorts in Cagney's? What do most people do? I am male, if that makes any difference.

We have been on NCL many times last being in August.

My dh did not bring any pants, just nice dress shorts and golf shirts/polos.

He wore shorts each night of our cruise and we did specialty restaurants every night

of our week-long cruises. We went to LeBistro and they asked we eat outside, not inside, since he had shorts on and that wasn't a problem either.

Enjoy!

But try turning up without any pants!!

The only restaurant you cannot wear shorts is Le Bistro. You will not be out of place in any way! I routinely wear shorts to most restaurants, and feel at ease.:)

and ocean blue

the rest of the places..rejoice!

i have to say im a shorts guy but i did wear jeans in cagneys just to feel 'right'

you can eat in ocean blue outside with shorts. they let me do that but said no when i tried to eat inside next time.

I don't think they would like me showing up in my "tidy whiteys" for dinner. I always wear pants whether they are nice jeans or khakis. The only one I make sure I am dressed a little more nice is Le Bistro.

Actually you do have to have on pants. No one wants to see you dining or any other time with no pants on! :eek:

OJ I see you mean LONG pants!

Thanks, everyone! May I also assume that nice jeans are also acceptable?

I have no idea in hell what "smart" shorts or "nice" jeans are. I wear levis blue jeans and a tshirt to dinner in every facility with no problem. I think Levi makes the nicest jeans ever.

I don't think they would like me showing up in my "tidy whiteys" for dinner. I always wear pants whether they are nice jeans or khakis. The only one I make sure I am dressed a little more nice is Le Bistro.

Just a point of reference the term in TIGHTY whiteys. God knows they usually are not very tidy, especially after being worn all day!

I have no idea in he11 what "smart" shorts or "nice" jeans are.

Smart pants are the pants equivalent of a smart phone. Nice jeans are the opposite of mean jeans.

Edited by Cuizer2
  • Haha 1

Smart pants are the pants equivalent of a smart phone. Nice jeans are the opposite of mean jeans.

Wow Pants that can be used to do on line banking, connect the net, and make phone calls. Must be expensive!

The second begs the question what are mean jeans!

It should be noted that while pants are not required, I find that many people do dress nicer in Cagneys as opposed to other restaurants on the ship. When i go there, I tend to wear a nice pair of slacks and dress shirt and potentially a tie.

With that said, you are "allowed" to wear clothing similar to any other restaurant on the ship. There are enough people dressed in shorts/jeans that no one will pay attention to you.

It's your cruise; dress how you want! I love dressing up, and kind of enjoy that more people dress at that particular restaurant personally.