Cabin Class Codes

BostonGal35

Anyone have a full listing of what the codes are? For example, balcony cabins i see BA, BB, etc. what are the differences? i tried searching on the NCL website but couldnt find anything.

If you just go to NCL.com and do a mock booking on the ship you are interested in, you can see all the different categories. (That's what I did before I booked.) I believe some of the categories may just be different deck locations (upper decks, lower decks, mid-ship, etc).

I don't know if there is an actual listing by categories.

Edited by DinaS

The first letter is the general category (H=Haven, S=suite, B=balcony, etc). The second letter is how the cabin ranks within that category. With Haven and suites, it drills it down to what type of suite. Otherwise, it's NCL's opinion of desirability based on how high of a deck and position on the deck. A mid-ship balcony on deck 10 might be BA, while a mid-ship balcony on deck 8 and a forward balcony on deck 10 might both be BB, and the forward balcony on deck 8 might be BC. Higher decks get rated better, and mid-ship is more desirable due to less movement and generally better proximity to venues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Thanks 1

Isn't the "X" the Guarantee or Standby Category for a cabin class ?

"X" is the "Guarantee" category for all cabin types. If you see "Price from ...." in an advert then that is the price for a "Guarantee" and remember that "Guarantees" normally carry no "perks".

They don't use the term "Standby" (that makes it sound like there's a chance you might not get on the ship at all!)

The descriptive name of category BX is "Guarantee Balcony", but that's a tiny bit misleading, because there are actually a few BX cabins that you can book directly (see BA/GA Deck 8 FWD). So BX is really just the lowest balcony category, as Demonyte said. But as the name suggests, it is usually offered as a GTY booking, and if you book BX GTY, chances are that you will actually end up in a higher category cabin.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your visit and participation here at Cruise Critic !

There are X cabins.

For Example on NCL Dawn cabin's 8562 and 8062 are OX obstructed view cabin.

GTY or Not, X is the category as they are the worst with pump rooms beside them that cycle off and on 24 / 7 .

Edited by biker@sea

• 2 years later...
9 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Hasn’t really changed with maybe the exception of Concierge rooms on the Joy. 

I'm looking at a cruise on the getaway in 2021. The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom & Balcony used to be a H6. Now  on the website  Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom & Balcony  is a HA and  Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom & Large Balcony is a H7

1 hour ago, dolls123 said:

I'm looking at a cruise on the getaway in 2021. The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom & Balcony used to be a H6. Now  on the website  Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom & Balcony  is a HA and  Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom & Large Balcony is a H7

That's one of the changes that is coming throughout the fleet. As you know, all of the H6s were the same price even with the different configurations and balcony sizes. NCL will start/has started pricing the larger balcony suites higher. Some of the courtyard suites with larger balconies will also be priced higher but not in the case of Getaway, iirc.

Some suites will lose some amenities such as Spa suites losing Spa access and will just be suites with a whirlpool. On some ships, some suites will lose butler service.

At some point, someone will make a breakdown of the changes coming to each ship. I'll try and help where I can.

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

That's one of the changes that is coming throughout the fleet. As you know, all of the H6s were the same price even with the different configurations and balcony sizes. NCL will start/has started pricing the larger balcony suites higher. Some of the courtyard suites with larger balconies will also be priced higher but not in the case of Getaway, iirc.

Some suites will lose some amenities such as Spa suites losing Spa access and will just be suites with a whirlpool. On some ships, some suites will lose butler service.

At some point, someone will make a breakdown of the changes coming to each ship. I'll try and help where I can.

Thanks!

On 1/23/2017 at 3:37 PM, BostonGal35 said:

Anyone have a full listing of what the codes are? For example, balcony cabins i see BA, BB, etc. what are the differences? i tried searching on the NCL website but couldnt find anything.

The difference in the second letter is location, location, location and price.

A quick way to check on the cabin categories of any NCL ship:

LINK:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/cruiseline.php?line=Norwegian

Click on the NCL ship that interests you - - -

New Window opens - notice in the upper left corner of each cabin image the category code inside the colored block.

As you pan down to view the other cabin categories there maybe additional colored blocks with more categories.

This should give you the information you need in cabin selection - location and any other particulars about a cabin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Dihavinfun said:

What do BF mean?

Somewhat loosely-said, the further into the alphabet you go the lower the price (and due to "popularity", the lower the "desirability" (generally having to do with location and/or size).

So, a BF is a balcony room, generally on a lower deck, and likely in an area many "seasoned cruisers" try to avoid.  And those tend to be priced more moderately.