Which aft cabin on Radiance class ship?

ReneeFLL

I am in an aft cabin on deck 10 on the Radiance. I believe it is under an area that has chairs for eating. I am wondering about the noise from the chairs. I have read that some people notice it and some don't. Which would be better, an aft cabin on deck 8 or stay with deck 10?

I am in an aft cabin on deck 10 on the Radiance. I believe it is under an area that has chairs for eating. I am wondering about the noise from the chairs. I have read that some people notice it and some don't. Which would be better, an aft cabin on deck 8 or stay with deck 10?

I had GS on deck 10 and loved it there are also 2 JS and 2 balconies

Not a lot of people go on the outdoor seating area of the Windjammer. I wouldn't think there would be any noise concerns. But not sure where you are located in the AFT. I would stick to Deck 8 just because it's a better option, but it's up to you for convenience.

Edited by DisneyDatknee

You'll here some chairs in am from WindJammer above but for the deep balcony, worth it! Aft cabin I'd stay on deck 10 over 8 any day.

Edited by ONECRUISER

We are sailing again on Radiance to New Zealand in Cabin 1100. Very excited!!!

We did the 12 night Northern Europe & Baltics....the #1100 couldn't have been better for this....Enjoy your cruise.

Which GS did you have? I am trying to grab one of the two on the hump for an AK cruise in 2018. I am also curious about deck noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had 1600 on Brilliance for our 12 day Europe cruise, shape was a little odd but we really liked it and would book it again

I wished I could have gotten one of the aft JS on deck 10. There are only 2 aft JS on the whole ship. :mad: I booked the cruise about 2 months after it came out and I was to late to get one. I did have JS 1578 for a 2b2, but changed the first cruise (8 day) to an aft D1 balcony #1102. This will be our first aft so I really wanted to try it. I still have the JS for the second part (18 days). I highly doubt that either of the 2 aft JS will become available. The decision is should I stay on deck 10 or go to deck 8 both aft balconies? I was thinking the higher up the better, but I'm wondering about the noise from above.

On deck 8 there is a gap between aft rooms 8170 and 8172. Is there something located there like a storage area for the crew/supplies? I know some of the Celebrity ships have that and one of the rooms next to it has a slightly larger balcony.

DH told me to look into a cruise for our 30th anniversary about 2 years ago. I thought it was way to early so I didn't. Guess he was right. :D

Edited by ReneeFLL

Count me among those who think JS 1100 is the best. Out of a sense of altruism and against my own self-interest, following are some photos which show why:

Great cabin

13231853295_9c20d69b70.jpg

13231855205_b8eaef575e.jpg

13232206904_8db36838bc.jpg

Huge walk-in closet

13232035663_53db989439.jpg

Even better balcony

13231883435_c866615639.jpg

13232212774_71eb2fce28.jpg

I wished I could have gotten one of the aft JS on deck 10. There are only 2 aft JS on the whole ship. :mad: I booked the cruise about 2 months after it came out and I was to late to get one. I did have JS 1578 for a 2b2, but changed the first cruise (8 day) to an aft D1 balcony #1102. This will be our first aft so I really wanted to try it. I still have the JS for the second part (18 days). I highly doubt that either of the 2 aft JS will become available. The decision is should I stay on deck 10 or go to deck 8 both aft balconies? I was thinking the higher up the better, but I'm wondering about the noise from above.

On deck 8 there is a gap between aft rooms 8170 and 8172. Is there something located there like a storage area for the crew/supplies? I know some of the Celebrity ships have that and one of the rooms next to it has a slightly larger balcony.

DH told me to look into a cruise for our 30th anniversary about 2 years ago. I thought it was way to early so I didn't. Guess he was right. :D

As well as being in the #1100 we have also been in #9660...the gap you're speaking about seeing on the deck plans between #8170 & 8172 is actually no gap at all...the crew storage room was slightly across from our #9660 and so it would be the same on deck #8. Don't let this worry you at all it was a non-issue for us.

If you are saying your choice is 1102 or 8172 / 8170, I'd stay with 1102. We've been in 1602 and the only morning we heard chair noise was the last morning. However we are not late sleepers at all and usually are up early in the Windjammer ourselves, eating in the back. There's nothing in the gap between 8170 and 8172.

I had a aft balcony on NCL Jade and would often find bits of breakfast on the balcony

So higher the better just in case you have some idiot above you throwing food over, only for it to be blown back on the balconies below

I had a aft balcony on NCL Jade and would often find bits of breakfast on the balcony

So higher the better just in case you have some idiot above you throwing food over, only for it to be blown back on the balconies below

LOL- we had 1104 on the Jewel a long time ago, and got a drip of coffee on me while I sat.

You could see the line of coffee from the point were it dripped to cup that a guy was dangling while talking with someone.

Naturally he claimed not to spill any. Alternate facts and all.

We are currently on Serenade in aft cabin 1102. You do hear some noise from Windjammer during certain times of day but it's not bad. We had an aft on Serenade before on deck 9 and we preferred deck 9.

• 3 weeks later...

We will be on Jewel for 22 nights starting the end of April in our favorite JS 1100. It will be our longest cruise.....can't wait.

Never give up in trying to grab an aft as were able to switch to JS 1602 right before final payment a few years ago. Start looking about a 100 days out.