AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

The e-cards have to be available to be able to choose that option. Seems like Allstate hasn't had e-cards in a long time. When they are available, you'll have the option to choose (mail or email) via a drop-down menu in your shopping cart.

The AARP Rewards for Good program has had both available for quite some time now. If you don't know about that, you can read about it in this thread. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2208976

You don't have to be an AARP member to participate in the Rewards for Good program and buy Carnival cards. You just register a free account.

GOOD TO KNOW! Thank you!!

Great tip - thanks! I am not a customer and I was able to sign up through the Drivewise app and then log in to the Allstate Rewards site from my laptop. Somehow it allowed me to buy 2 $100GCs and then another 5 in the same day. Sooo much easier than stalking the Verizon website.

How do you sign into the rewards app without an account number?

How do you sign into the rewards app without an account number?
It's changed since many of us created an account. For non-Allstate customers, we had to create a rewards account through their Drivewise app. At that time, it was a stand-alone app (just called Drivewise). I did a quick search in the App Store and see it's no longer available, and it's been integrated into their Allstate Mobile app. Their FAQ's say that non-customers are still able to participate. They offer instructions how to sign up here: https://www.allstate.com/drive-wise.aspx

Be sure to choose the Non-Customers option if you're not one.

Also, once you get your account set up, I think most people use the app to enter their promo codes and purchase gift cards, but if you want to do it on a computer, this is the only link that's ever worked for me as a non-customer: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

But you have to set up your account, first. More than likely through the app. Try the instructions and see if that works. Good luck.

Welcomecoupons 1000
That's one you get when you first sign up, so if you just did, I highly recommend you go through this entire thread and try all of the codes posted here. Some will be expired, but there's a chance many will still work. Kind of a pain to do, but a great way to rack up a lot of points!

Is it me or on the Allstate site the only way you were able to get the e-gift ones were via mobile but not via computer

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just tried from my phone and it would only show certificates to be mailed, no e-certificates.

I just went to use some GCs to make a payment on a cruise and the TA (Chase's agency) would not take them. They claim it's a new policy and they don't accept GCs beyond the initial payment. I used them last year though Chase with no issue, but supposedly she confirmed with management. Anybody else run into this?

I just went to use some GCs to make a payment on a cruise and the TA (Chase's agency) would not take them. They claim it's a new policy and they don't accept GCs beyond the initial payment. I used them last year though Chase with no issue, but supposedly she confirmed with management. Anybody else run into this?

Unless they give you something super nice for dealing with them, it may be time to drop the TA and do things yourself. If you don't feel comfortable booking a cruise yourself, then find another TA who is easier to work with. jmo

I'm confused...the agency won't take the GC's or overall, no GC's for payment?? I was planning on buying a few to use for payment and/or on board...

I'm confused...the agency won't take the GC's or overall, no GC's for payment?? I was planning on buying a few to use for payment and/or on board...

Just that travel agency I think. I used GC's to pay off a cruise yesterday.

Never had that issue and the minute I do, I will not use that TA again. Or any for that matter.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I would call them back and take it as high as you can. Tell them you didn't receive prior notice of any such policy chance, so had already purchased the gift cards. I'd do what I could to get them to waive their new policy just this once so you can at least apply the cards you have. Then I'd look for another TA for next time, because not being able to use these discount gift cards could turn out to be a big disadvantage for you.

You can contact Carnival and asked to be assigned a PVP (Personal Vacation Planner). They're like customer service reps, but much more knowledgeable. Then you could book all your future cruisers through the PVP and you'll have a good contact person for questions/problems.

Is this through Chase Freedom or something like that where you earn points for booking through them? Perhaps they want you to use the credit card that is giving out points?

TAs access a Carnival portal to book and make payments for passengers. The Carnival portal is still accepting gift cards for payment at any point during the booking (initial, middle and final payments). Not sure what is going on with the OPs TAs, but I would look for another one or call Carnival directly.