AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

Thanks for the heads up....that just put me over 100,000 points...with just promo codes, no Drivewise tracking.

Same here I’m at 102k now. I wish they had the ecards. Every time I need cards I have to go to aarp because Allstate doesn’t have ecards. Bought some aarp cards today.

Not sure if this promo code has been posted here or not, but one not to miss is 2YR10K for 10,000 points.
I thought for sure I must've used that at some point already, but I hadn't. Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up....that just put me over 100,000 points...with just promo codes, no Drivewise tracking.
Same here. I don't really have any desire to do the driver tracking thing.

We used up a bunch of our AARP points for our cruise last week, so that bankroll is running a little low. But I guess getting physical cards from Allstate won't be a problem since we haven't booked the next one. It looks like AARP & Allstate use the same gift card buying engine because the sites are nearly identical when it comes to the category tabs across the top and entering promo codes. I thought maybe that meant they used the same supplier, but I guess not since Allstate hasn't had eCards forever.

Thanks for all the replies. I will call back and escalate if necessary. This is booked through Chase, though I believe the TA function is shopped out. I generally book directly through Carnival, though online. I don't have any need of a PVP, and I prefer to type in the info rather than do it over the phone. I booked through Chase in this case in order to use Ultimate Rewards points for the down payment. They clearly state up front that you can't use UR points after the down payment, but nothing about gift cards.

Providing an update as promised...

I finally got this resolved this morning and was able to use GCs for (most of) the balance. Most the delay was due to me not getting back to this until last Friday. However, over the course of 3 calls I spent ~2 hours on the line with them... though again partially my fault.

Return Call #1... was actually my golden opportunity. I found someone who got online with Carnival and was processing the GCs after only about 20 minutes on the phone. I gave her 3x$500 cards against the $1391 balance. However, I did not realize that Excel had rounded(?) the last digit of the gift card numbers to zero, so 2 of the 3 didn't work (and the physical cards were at home.) However, I was able to get one processed, voiding the claim they they would not accept GCs at all. If I had had the right numbers, I suspect this would have worked out entirely correctly on this call.

Call #2... I called back with the correct numbers for the other 2x$500 GCs. I was on the phone for ~30 minutes and then promised a callback within 2 hours... which came 5 or 6 hours later. At this point I was told they couldn't take gift cards for more than the balance because they had pre-paid Carnival. They can turn in the GCs to Carnival and credit it to me, but can't do a partial. So, I'm relatively OK with that because I've got another 3x$100 which will cover most of the balance without going over... however, since I'm driving home I don't have them on me. We process another one of the $500 GCs and we're done for the day.

Call #3.... by chance I get the same agent as with call #2, so I'm thinking life is good. Surely after spending 1/2 a day on this just 4 days earlier she'll know exactly what to do. Now the story is that they actually only 'owe' Carnival $268, and we still can't "go over" so they can only apply 2x$100. The amount is interesting because the delta amounts to ~9% of the fare, not including taxes and fees. I think they are somehow reckoning that they don't owe Carnival the commission, and I suppose that could be how the accounting is done.

I was also told that they are only accepting my GCs as an exception because I had enough cards to pay the whole fare plus some onboard expenses.

Net/net is they claimed on one call that they pre-paid, and on the next they still owe Carnival... and even then it's an exception. Or they don't take GCs at all. Basically, a bunch of bull. However, I did get to use GCs for almost the full price, and I have a paid-in-full invoice. Needless to say I'll never book another cruise through these guys again.

And just as a "PS": all the agents seemed to be doing their best here. It seems like the company, either intentionally or just as a failure, did not properly train their agents or supervisors to handle a basic GC payment. Hence the delays and tap-dancing...

I thought for sure I must've used that at some point already, but I hadn't. Thanks!

Same here. I don't really have any desire to do the driver tracking thing.

We used up a bunch of our AARP points for our cruise last week, so that bankroll is running a little low. But I guess getting physical cards from Allstate won't be a problem since we haven't booked the next one. It looks like AARP & Allstate use the same gift card buying engine because the sites are nearly identical when it comes to the category tabs across the top and entering promo codes. I thought maybe that meant they used the same supplier, but I guess not since Allstate hasn't had eCards forever.

How do you turn off the tracking? I would prefer not to use it also. Thanks!

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to be delivered if you select a physical card?

Mine came from Ohio and I'm in South Carolina. I ordered two $100 last Monday and they came the following Friday. Four days later. And, if I remember correctly, the other two that I ordered only took four days also.

How do you turn off the tracking? I would prefer not to use it also. Thanks!
If you just want to enter promo codes and purchase the gift cards online and don't want to use the app at all, uninstall it and use this site: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

Maybe it's changed by now, but that was the only link non-Allstate customers could use to access their rewards outside the app. In the past, we couldn't go through the Allstate website, but there's been a lot of tweaks to the program, so maybe you can now. Their Drivewise program used to be its own stand-alone app, but they've since integrated it into their Allstate app. I only ever used it to create an account and get the initial points it used to give us for signing up. I haven't used it since. I guess it's a good way to accrue points if you don't mind it tracking your driving for a while.

If you just want to enter promo codes and purchase the gift cards online and don't want to use the app at all, uninstall it and use this site: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

Maybe it's changed by now, but that was the only link non-Allstate customers could use to access their rewards outside the app. In the past, we couldn't go through the Allstate website, but there's been a lot of tweaks to the program, so maybe you can now. Their Drivewise program used to be its own stand-alone app, but they've since integrated it into their Allstate app. I only ever used it to create an account and get the initial points it used to give us for signing up. I haven't used it since. I guess it's a good way to accrue points if you don't mind it tracking your driving for a while.

Thank you. I couldn't get that link to work. Maybe there is another link.

I wish they would change it so only people who actually have Allstate insurance could have access to the cards. It ruins it for those of us who actually use Allstate

It doesn't seem to be an issue with Carnival gift cards, or probably with any of the others. The daily cards for points only (ie. free) seems to be basically impossible to get.

Being a non-Allstate customer, I wouldn't mind if they gave a larger discount to Allstate customers, or more opportunity to earn points. However, this is a sales leader for them. Some people will convert to Allstate, and .... cha-ching!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't mind the tracking, and it sucked battery on one of my phones but very little usage on the other. I had the same behavior with Pokemon go, so I assume it had to do with the phone's underlying process scheduler or something.

Anyway, my issue is that my route to work and back frequently violates the 80mph and hard braking goals. If I try to make those, I become a moving roadblock and people cut in front of me. Wasn't increasing my safety. :eek:

Bit off topic, have been following CCL stock prices - looking at getting 100 shs of CCL to take advantage of the 100 OBC. Will be on the 8 day cruise on Horizon in August. Checked this morning and it's hovering around 56-57. Thinking of pulling the trigger.

Bit off topic, have been following CCL stock prices - looking at getting 100 shs of CCL to take advantage of the 100 OBC. Will be on the 8 day cruise on Horizon in August. Checked this morning and it's hovering around 56-57. Thinking of pulling the trigger.
So tying up $5700 plus trade fees isn't worth $100 obc to me. There's plenty of other companies that $5700 will net you way more than that in dividends alone. I know it sounds juicy but way too scary of a risk with carnival unless it's under $42 a share.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Where do you enter these on the app? I am new to drivewise and don't see a place to enter a promo code.

I dropped the app months ago, but I don't think you can. They have to be entered on the website. FYI, these are included (buried) in the emails you're likely getting from Allstate.

I dropped the app months ago, but I don't think you can. They have to be entered on the website. FYI, these are included (buried) in the emails you're likely getting from Allstate.

Found it!! I already have 11,000 points :)

Edited by JennyB1977