AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

Thanks for all the replies. I will call back and escalate if necessary. This is booked through Chase, though I believe the TA function is shopped out. I generally book directly through Carnival, though online. I don't have any need of a PVP, and I prefer to type in the info rather than do it over the phone. I booked through Chase in this case in order to use Ultimate Rewards points for the down payment. They clearly state up front that you can't use UR points after the down payment, but nothing about gift cards.

Thanks for all the replies. I will call back and escalate if necessary. This is booked through Chase, though I believe the TA function is shopped out. I generally book directly through Carnival, though online. I don't have any need of a PVP, and I prefer to type in the info rather than do it over the phone. I booked through Chase in this case in order to use Ultimate Rewards points for the down payment. They clearly state up front that you can't use UR points after the down payment, but nothing about gift cards.

I have a Chase Freedom card and have used their "points" to book a Carnival cruise before, but I have learned better. You can book your cruise with whomever you want (for the best price, perks, etc) and use your Chase Freedom card to pay for it. When the bill comes in, use the "cash back option" to "pay" the bill. It is penny for penny the same amount of money plus you get flexibility AND more points on the purchase of the cruise :)

I have a Chase Freedom card and have used their "points" to book a Carnival cruise before, but I have learned better. You can book your cruise with whomever you want (for the best price, perks, etc) and use your Chase Freedom card to pay for it. When the bill comes in, use the "cash back option" to "pay" the bill. It is penny for penny the same amount of money plus you get flexibility AND more points on the purchase of the cruise :)

I've got a Sapphire Reserve, so I get 1.5 cents per point when redeeming for travel. I have a Freedom also so I hit those 5% quarterly bonus categories and transfer those points to the CSR, so I effectively get 7.5 cents per dollar on those purchases. As you say it's 1 cent per dollar for any type of cash award, even on the CSR, so that's not a good use in my case.

I actually haven't had issues with the 2 cruises booked with Chase previously, and had no issue using GCs as of last year. I need to get back to calling them, and if they won't budge I'll escalate back to Chase. I will report back here... I've just been buried at work. I need a cruise! :D

For those of you who missed the ebay sale' date=' Allstate has the $500 physical cards back in stock.[/quote']Good looking out. They were out for quite a while it seems. AARP finally got physical $100 cards back in stock. They just had eCards for about a week. That's the first time I've ever seen them have eCards, but no physical cards. Their $500 cards are still eCard only. Looks as if people are avoiding them right now and buying up all the physical cards.

How long does it normally take to get the physical cards? I ordered $500 in gift cards on 5/4 and as of today, I still haven’t received them. Starting to get a little worried. I ordered them from Allstate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Based on my experience, about 12 days. That includes weekends, so you should be seeing them tomorrow or the day after.

How long does it normally take to get the physical cards? I ordered $500 in gift cards on 5/4 and as of today, I still haven’t received them. Starting to get a little worried. I ordered them from Allstate.

call their customer service. They can give you a ship date and perhaps a tracking number

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

I usually see mine in 4 days , 5 if i order them later in the day

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ordered same day. Haven't received yet. Was coming here to check the same thing. Seems like they'll arrive soon I guess.

It's been a while since I've logged in to Allstate Rewards. I went to purchase a Carnival gift card and it is not available--it doesn't even show up. Does anyone know if they might be out or if this is a short-term issue? I last bought Carnival gift cards on their site probably back in March. This is the first time I haven't seen them listed.