AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

4 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

If I have a $500. Gift card and I want to put $100 on each of 3 cabins, wouldn’t they do that and just leave $200. On the card.  I ask cause I’m wondering why people buy the $100’s. Thank you.

I buy $100 cards cause it is what fits my budget and allows me to have 2 cruises pending. I took balance due and divided among how many months. 1st cruise is this year and final payment is in September so I pay 170 per month for it. The 2nd cruise final payment is Sep 2021 and the payments divided equally came to 110 a month. Together I paid 280 a month so I get 3 100 cards every month to pay off cruises in a smaller monthly payment rather than 1 large payment in sept. The left over 20 on cards will help pay for cheers program.

18 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

LOL! No, it was the sticky icing around the cake that made it stick! And boy howdy! Was that a GOOD cake! 

It kind of looks like it's made the same as the cakes they send to people's cabins. We took our son's friend back in 2018 and he celebrated his birthday on the cruise. His mom had called and ordered decorations and a chocolate cake for him. It was good, but holy cow was it rich!!

Yes O.C. the cake is really rich! And the cake was really dense. Very filling! And Greg, we didn't tilt that cake at a steep angle for fear of sliding off. But it was on there really well. 

In all honesty, those pics were taken last July on  our cruise on the Dream. Hoping for a repeat, but won't be disappointed it doesn't happen. 

Anyone on here earn/use drivewise cash? I haven’t had the drivewise app in a couple years. I was just reading about this in...the other place. A lady posted a screenshot of her only having to pay $45 for a 100 card. Said she earns drivewise cash in the app and you don’t have to be an Allstate member to earn it.

Any experience with this?

55 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Anyone on here earn/use drivewise cash? I haven’t had the drivewise app in a couple years. I was just reading about this in...the other place. A lady posted a screenshot of her only having to pay $45 for a 100 card. Said she earns drivewise cash in the app and you don’t have to be an Allstate member to earn it.

She was able to pay 45 and redeem 45 from drivewise cash to have th he 90 needed for the 100 card.  I'm a member of Allstate and have sporadically had them track me in order to receive a discount on my policy.  I drive for a living,  so the speeding and hard braking would come up often while cruising on the NJ turnpike.  Very easy to break 70.  Have not earned 1 dollar in drivewise cash, so I have no idea how someone could earn it while not being an Allstate  customer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

She was able to pay 45 and redeem 45 from drivewise cash to have th he 90 needed for the 100 card.  I'm a member of Allstate and have sporadically had them track me in order to receive a discount on my policy.  I drive for a living,  so the speeding and hard braking would come up often while cruising on the NJ turnpike.  Very easy to break 70.  Have not earned 1 dollar in drivewise cash, so I have no idea how someone could earn it while not being an Allstate  customer.

So you have to drive safe the entire time to earn money? I’d never make it.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

E@syPe@zy uses it. She said she earned $130 as a sign-up bonus and thought that the amount has something to do with a percentage of her policy. She talked about it back on page 92.

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

E@syPe@zy uses it. She said she earned $130 as a sign-up bonus and thought that the amount has something to do with a percentage of her policy. She talked about it back on page 92.

Yep....I did!  But I'm an Allstate customer.  I just used the balance to order another card.  I had about $40 and change left, so I used it to order another $100 card.  I don't have a cruise planned right now, but I wanted enough to cover a deposit if something struck my fancy.  Well, a lot of cruises strike my fancy, but the $$ doesn't.  Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the cruises I'm interested in this year are pricier than they have been.  

I haven't racked up enough driving trips yet, to get additional bonus cash.  I'll let you know when I do,  or if I do!?!  I just hope it doesn't make my insurance go up!!

12 minutes ago, E@syPe@zy said:

Yep....I did!  But I'm an Allstate customer.

I haven't racked up enough driving trips yet, to get additional bonus cash.  I'll let you know when I do,  or if I do!?!  I just hope it doesn't make my insurance go up!!

I'm not an Allstate customer, I was just giving Saint Greg a heads up that you talked about it. Thanks for the quick response though. 🙂

Just tossing this into the pool here. My wife and I made our first purchases of Carnival cards this week from Allstaterewards. We each purchased a $1000 and $500 card, using different emails, but of course same address. Ordered them Wednesday evening, they were delivered Friday evening by UPS. Very happy with that quick turn around, especially since we made the rather late decision to purchase those to pay the balance of our cruise which is due in about 2 weeks. Now we'll be regular stalkers to this thread, as well as the Allstate site for more cards, particularly for our cruise coming up in May, to fund Cheers and other on board spending. 

Thanks to all those, too many to mention, but you know who you are, who provided those codes to bulk up our Allstate rewards points!!

14 minutes ago, soonernstlouis said:

Sorry if this is a repost but are the $100 Carnival gift card hrd/mailed cards or e-gift cards.  Thanks

Allstate mails the hard cards. And quick turn around like bar1068 says. I ordered my $500 card on 01/28 and received it yesterday, 01/31.

28 minutes ago, soonernstlouis said:

@Joe817

Thanks Joe.  I thought someone many pages back said the $100 denomination was e-gift but maybe that was only the AARP one.  Since I’m never home when they deliver I worry about signature requirements or porch pirates.

Most welcome! I've heard people say that signatures are only required on the $500 & $1,000 cards. Not for $100.Somebody  correct me if I'm wrong. And you are correct. AARP only does $100 e-cards, emailed to you. 

19 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

So you have to drive safe the entire time to earn money? I’d never make it.

You can turn it off or exclude a trip by saying you were a passenger.  I do this because my kids often use my phone in the car while I am driving and it dings you for cell phone usage.

Otherwise, though, don't have a problem as I live in Houston and there is ZERO chance of me even breaking 40 much less 80 where I live due to traffic. And I also don't seem to have a problem with hard breaking either.

I just switched to Allstate (unrelated to this) so I will see how hard or easy it is to earn cash.  It is easy for me to earn points by driving, though... just so long as I make sure to delete the trips or turn it off when my kids are using my cell phone in the car.  At first, I couldn't figure this out and couldn't get any driving points.

Edited by Eli_6

8 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Allstate mails the hard cards. And quick turn around like bar1068 says. I ordered my $500 card on 01/28 and received it yesterday, 01/31.

Hmm... not good for me. I ordered $1,000 on Monday or Tuesday and have not heard anything.  Not even a tracking number.

We ordered four $500 cards, my rewards account says they were shipped Jan. 28, but when I click Track Package it goes to a blank page.  Have had no verification email that I can find.  This is my first purchase of Carnival cards on Allstate Rewards.  I am a little concerned.  

7 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Most welcome! I've heard people say that signatures are only required on the $500 & $1,000 cards. Not for $100.Somebody  correct me if I'm wrong. And you are correct. AARP only does $100 e-cards, emailed to you. 

Orders totaling $500 or more are shipped UPS and require a signature. That applies even if you buy multiple $100 cards. Under $500 is shipped USPS, no signature.

7 hours ago, soonernstlouis said:

I thought someone many pages back said the $100 denomination was e-gift but maybe that was only the AARP one.  Since I’m never home when they deliver I worry about signature requirements or porch pirates.

Yeah, that was AARP. Ever since they launched their new program, they only have $100 e-cards.

When they're shipped UPS, you can create a free UPS MyChoice account and re-route them to a UPS Store for pick up, if you're not home to sign. It'll let you authorize delivery without a signature, but that's at your own risk. You can also re-route them to a different address for a fee.

15 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Hmm... not good for me. I ordered $1,000 on Monday or Tuesday and have not heard anything.  Not even a tracking number.

They won't always be delivered in a few days. Many times it takes up to a week. And if they ship UPS, they won't be delivered on Saturdays. My last three orders (shipped UPS) came in 3 days, but I've also had ones that took a full week.

2 minutes ago, CarolSW said:

We ordered four $500 cards, my rewards account says they were shipped Jan. 28, but when I click Track Package it goes to a blank page.  Have had no verification email that I can find.  This is my first purchase of Carnival cards on Allstate Rewards.  I am a little concerned.  

I wouldn't worry too much. You'll probably get them Monday. You won't get a tracking number from the website. Everyone gets that blank page. I think if you call Allstate Rewards customer service, they might be able to give you a tracking number. Since you ordered over $500, yours will be shipped UPS. You can sign up for a free UPS MyChoice account and it'll let you track it from there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Orders totaling $500 or more are shipped UPS and require a signature. That applies even if you buy multiple $100 cards. Under $500 is shipped USPS, no signature.

Yeah, that was AARP. Ever since they launched their new program, they only have $100 e-cards.

When they're shipped UPS, you can create a free UPS MyChoice account and re-route them to a UPS Store for pick up, if you're not home to sign. It'll let you authorize delivery without a signature, but that's at your own risk. You can also re-route them to a different address for a fee.

Knew that you would come along and correct my minor(if I might add) fu pa pa, when I invited it. And as always, thanks for the clarification. It truly appreciated. Seriously.  🍻

11 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Knew that you would come along and correct my minor(if I might add) fu pa pa, when I invited it. And as always, thanks for the clarification. It truly appreciated. Seriously.  🍻

I hope I didn't sound like I was trying to step on your toes, Joe. I just wanted to clarify the shipping policy. I apologize if I came off the wrong way.

45 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I hope I didn't sound like I was trying to step on your toes, Joe. I just wanted to clarify the shipping policy. I apologize if I came off the wrong way.

Oh for crying out loud my friend! Of course not. Please never again apologize for what I say that might offend you. It's all in jest. I guess I'm just too good natured. I like to lighten the mood here ever once and awhile. There is an incredible amount of quality and valid information disseminated on this board and at times a little jocularity( as in Father Mulcahy from MASH) is warranted.

All is well in Joeland. 👍  

• Like 1