AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

1 hour ago, CarolSW said:

We ordered four $500 cards, my rewards account says they were shipped Jan. 28, but when I click Track Package it goes to a blank page.  Have had no verification email that I can find.  This is my first purchase of Carnival cards on Allstate Rewards.  I am a little concerned.  

As others have posted, there is no reason yet to be concerned.  I think delivery times depend a lot on where you live.

Between my wife and I, we have made several Allstate gift card orders each in excess of $500 and thus requiring a signature upon delivery.   Every one of our Allstate orders was delivered to us here on the West Coast by UPS exactly seven or eight days after we ordered.  The first notice we recieved about shipping/delivery for each order was an email the day before delivery telling us the cards would be delivered the next day.   So that means we had no affirmative notice that the cards were even shipped until at least six days after ordering.  (Of course, I could have looked at the Allstate website for the shipping day . . . . )

Also, fyi, I have not linked the Allstate orders to my UPS account, which may make sense to do  as others have pointed out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

Oh for crying out loud my friend! Of course not. Please never again apologize for what I say that might offend you. It's all in jest. I guess I'm just too good natured. I like to lighten the mood here ever once and awhile. There is an incredible amount of quality and valid information disseminated on this board and at times a little jocularity( as in Father Mulcahy from MASH) is warranted.

All is well in Joeland. 👍  

Right on. I wasn't offended, just wanted to make sure I didn't offend you. It's hard to decipher reactions from text sometimes. That's the first time I've ever seen the word jocularity used outside of MASH. All I can think about is the episode when they were all impersonating Mulcahy. Col. Potter put on his hat and just said, "Jocularity, jocularity." I can hear it in my head.Great show, beginning to end! The movie was ok, but the actors made the tv show so much better.

2 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Right on. I wasn't offended, just wanted to make sure I didn't offend you. It's hard to decipher reactions from text sometimes. That's the first time I've ever seen the word jocularity used outside of MASH. All I can think about is the episode when they were all impersonating Mulcahy. Col. Potter put on his hat and just said, "Jocularity, jocularity." I can hear it in my head.Great show, beginning to end! The movie was ok, but the actors made the tv show so much better.

Right on on all accounts. Yes it"s hard to discern the subte implications of text. It's all good. And I agree, the movie laid the ground work for the tv series, which was much better in relating its message.  Btw, I saw the original movie back in Abilene, Tx back in 1970, or thereabouts. I loved the tv series more. 👍

16 hours ago, Petersonfcu said:

As others have posted, there is no reason yet to be concerned.  I think delivery times depend a lot on where you live.

Between my wife and I, we have made several Allstate gift card orders each in excess of $500 and thus requiring a signature upon delivery.   Every one of our Allstate orders was delivered to us here on the West Coast by UPS exactly seven or eight days after we ordered.  The first notice we recieved about shipping/delivery for each order was an email the day before delivery telling us the cards would be delivered the next day.   So that means we had no affirmative notice that the cards were even shipped until at least six days after ordering.  (Of course, I could have looked at the Allstate website for the shipping day . . . . )

Also, fyi, I have not linked the Allstate orders to my UPS account, which may make sense to do  as others have pointed out.

Thanks so much for the info.

i DO have a UPS account, and when I realized that and checked it, it shows my cards will be delivered tomorrow evening.   THANK YOU to ALL the good people here who have shared so much invaluable information  on this thread!   “Crowdsourcing”, the current term for TEAMWORK,  is awesome!  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, montREALady said:

I can't believe Allstate Rewards aren't available in NY!😡

Hey! I am so sorry that you are having troubles with Allstate. I unfortunately also found this out the hard way, and was unable to create an account using my NY residence. Luckily, I had another residence outside of the state which I was able to use, but it took 10 days for them to facilitate the change! (Take a look at post 1263 on page 51)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Has anyone had UPS lose their package? UPS supposedly delivered it to my local UPS store today, but the store says they have no record of a package.

Trying to figure out how this is ultimately getting resolved and how long it will take.

Never but I have had them looking for boxes when it’s over with the envelopes. Now I just go in and say I’m picking up a small envelope.

When they're routed to a UPS store, they still require a signature, right? So without your signature, I would think UPS is responsible and, if all else fails, Allstate would issue another gift card.

Jamesatgsu, if you've never gotten one before, like Saint Greg said, you're looking for an envelope. It's a 7x9 manila envelope lined with bubble wrap inside. Tell the store to look for that.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

When they're routed to a UPS store, they still require a signature, right? So without your signature, I would think UPS is responsible and, if all else fails, Allstate would issue another gift card.

Jamesatgsu, if you've never gotten one before, like Saint Greg said, you're looking for an envelope. It's a 7x9 manila envelope lined with bubble wrap inside. Tell the store to look for that.

Yeah I have to sign the keypad when I pick mine up.

Could be in a small box depending on how many were ordered. In my case, 10 cards came in a fairly small box.

Thanks for the previous advice to call Expedia. They were able to pay with the gift cards that way.

Ran into a new wrinkle though. I tried to use some funds I had left on one card to prepay their gratuities and it didn't give me the option to use a gift card. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Edited by outatouch0

15 minutes ago, outatouch0 said:

Could be in a small box depending on how many were ordered. In my case, 10 cards came in a fairly small box.

Ran into a new wrinkle though. I tried to use some funds I had left on one card to prepay their gratuities and it didn't give me the option to use a gift card. Has anyone else experienced this? 

I didn't know they came in a box if you buy enough. That's probably because we've never bought enough at once. 😋

When booking through Carnival, pre-paid gratuities are simply added to the overall balance for the cruise. So you use a gift card as you would any other time paying down the balance. Are pre-paid gratuities handled differently when booked through Expedia?

17 minutes ago, scliq said:

Still waiting for my 3 100 cards to arrive.... Ordered last Monday 1-27 should I be concerned yet?

They can sometimes take a full week or more to arrive. I know it doesn't seem that way since many of us have mentioned getting them in 3 days or so, but technically, Allstate's info. will say it could take up to 10 days. Yours will be coming USPS. You can give Allstate Rewards customer service a call. I think they can give you a tracking number.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I didn't know they came in a box if you buy enough. That's probably because we've never bought enough at once. 😋

When booking through Carnival, pre-paid gratuities are simply added to the overall balance for the cruise. So you use a gift card as you would any other time paying down the balance. Are pre-paid gratuities handled differently when booked through Expedia?

Yes, O.C. You have to call them. A TA will take your info over the phone, and then in turn, notify Carnival of the payment and Carnival accepts it. And I verified the next day that the $500 gift card payment was applied to my balance correctly. 

2 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Yes, O.C. You have to call them. A TA will take your info over the phone, and then in turn, notify Carnival of the payment and Carnival accepts it. And I verified the next day that the $500 gift card payment was applied to my balance correctly. 

I guess I will have to ask my parents to try calling Expedia to see about using the GC for prepaid tips. But weird though because the carnival site would have let me pay it via CC or PayPal just fine. So that is why I am asking if they don't allow GC payment on the gratuities.

7 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Yeah, I was just confused because outatouch learned that they do have to call Expedia to apply the gift cards, but wanted to know how to pay for pre-paid gratuities with gift cards. I guess I was thinking that maybe pre-paid gratuities were somehow handled differently when booked through a TA. That's what I get for thinking. 🤪

Wait! I spoke incorrectly!  Sooooo sorry everybody. It DOES appear that you CAN prepay the gratuities directly to Carnival even if you booked the cruise through a TA. 

I'm claiming a 'senior moment'. I was confusing what I did(make a partial payment), which Carnival required me to go through my TA to do that. It looks as though you may be able to pay the gratuities directly to Carnival. Sorry for the confusion everybody. 

But in all honesty, when I was checking just now on Carnival website, I didn't take it all the way through the payment screens.

• Like 1