over the top prices on rci

mainmast

I have cruises booked on Carnival Vista and MSC Seaside and they are really not much cheaper than I paid on Harmony. I expected the Carnival cruise to be cheaper but in the end, not so much. These are all new ships so there is a premium but none are cheap. Also the MSC bogo sale is just as bad as RCI.

I will say that with a kid MSC pricing blows RCCL out of the water. I was seriously considering swapping for a week long cruise on the Davina for about 1/2 of what I paid for our upcoming cruise, other folks in our party had non refundable Air or I would have pushed hard to change ships. Our next trip will likely be on an MSC vessel.

Really confused by this, having 2 cruises booked on RCCL, one will be kept, both off peak and an 8 night prices out for 3 adults in an inside room for under 100 bucks a night per person minus the soda package. A 10 night for 2 adults in an inside room is going for around 105 per night per person minus the soda package. Having come from DCL these prices are ridiculously cheap. Having paid 300 for 1 night in a hotel in FLL that price looks darn good.

When we priced out lines RCCL was near the bottom in price of the lines we looked at, and we saw a couple of last minute deals that we almost jumped on that were really cheap but couldn't get the time off work.

I will say that with a kid MSC pricing blows RCCL out of the water. I was seriously considering swapping for a week long cruise on the Davina for about 1/2 of what I paid for our upcoming cruise, other folks in our party had non refundable Air or I would have pushed hard to change ships. Our next trip will likely be on an MSC vessel.

Yes. I can't speak of pricing with children. Seems like the deals vary greatly when it comes to kids.

Great prices on cruises in April 2018. On a 8 day Eastern on 4/14/18, Freedom has 2 person interior for $1385.46 and 2 person balcony for as low as $1997.46.

I feel there are to many folks on this thread who won't find value at $1,000 PP for 8 night balcony cabin. That's $125 per night for goodness sakes. :rolleyes:

Is that with any special discount?

Balcony, age, residence, etc..

Any OBC?

We just booked a 5 day Navigator of the Seas aft JS for $140/pp on a cruise leaving in under 4 weeks; everything else was more than twice that even a year out.

If you spend a little time watching pricing there are good deals to be found.

If you ever get the chance again don't hesitate and book MSC. Divina is the only ship (right now) sailing the Caribbean. It is absolutely gorgeous. Service and food were great.

Pricing was quite favorable compared to RCCL and NCL (who I compared when I booked). Right now, they're doing a status match, too. I came in on their top tier (Black) which gave me an additional cruise discount and some other worthwhile perks.

Liked it so much, I booked another for this coming November in the Mediterranean. Pricing for the Med on RCCL was crazy in comparison.

Going to take a break from RCCL for a while and see where they're heading.

If you ever get the chance again don't hesitate and book MSC. Divina is the only ship (right now) sailing the Caribbean. It is absolutely gorgeous. Service and food were great.

Pricing was quite favorable compared to RCCL and NCL (who I compared when I booked). Right now, they're doing a status match, too. I came in on their top tier (Black) which gave me an additional cruise discount and some other worthwhile perks.

Liked it so much, I booked another for this coming November in the Mediterranean. Pricing for the Med on RCCL was crazy in comparison.

Thank you so much for the info on MSC. It is great to hear positive feedback, and I need call and get my black status started, and try to find a cruise. When I was on Adventure a couple tried to talk me into Seaside and bringing her to the States, but the timing wasn't right.

The RCCI prices are off the chain, and I am putting my foot down as no. I am also waiting to see if any changes to the travel/airline industry is forth coming. I may just be slumming it up at a lake, and no really hot and humid temps in September in NH.

Thanks again. Happy cruising all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Prices are insane for sure but that just means demand is up. I said no to Royal Caribbean once their price hit 100.00+ per person per night for a inside cabin before taxes, fees and grats. Currently on Magic for about for 100.00 per person per night in a forward oceanview cabin including taxes, fees, grats and a 200.00 OBC. The ship isnt as "fancy" as the Royal ships Ive been on but the food is by far better and drinks are cheaper and service was incredible. I can deal with "loud" decor as long as my food is good and my drinks are reasonable :)

I guess I said all that to say this. Dont be afraid to venture out.

well well well wondered when the people who can afford these silly price would stick up for rci you think they where paid by them to post these things

Well, I was going to skip over this post and not make a comment..but what the heck, I am feeling particularly feisty today.

Personally, I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for"...that goes for almost everything. I have sailed on many different cruise lines, my husband has sailed on even more. It all depends on what you want out of your vacation. I find that the entertainment alone on any Royal cruise I've been on has been far and above anything on any other cruise line. I also think that the ships themselves are nicer and accommodating.

Now, if you are just using the ship as your mode of transportation from one island/port to another and your cruise is more about the destination than your time on the ship then it probably doesn't matter much to you how you get there (like renting either a compact basic car or the luxury SUV). Frankly, I can't afford to do the exclusive ships like Crystal or Oceania or the like...so Royal and Celebrity would be my top affordability.

I've sailed Carnival, which I consider to be the "economy" cruise line. I've had fun, because heck...any cruise is fun. However, my most memorable and enjoyable cruises have all been on Royal, and that's what makes me come back.

Oh, and trust me...you can get deals on cruises with Royal Caribbean (especially if you go through a TA). It all depends on when you book and how you shop around for your cruise vacation!

I assume it was a software glitch at the fish site, not a reflection of prices.

Maybe. It looks like one data point. Perhaps RCI jacking up the price the night before ahead of sale they planned to start the next day, which simply brought the price back to base line.

You see the same super abnormal spike for one data point as a dip as well. Like this morning when for a few hours the discounts were resulting in real actual savings. Then the day shift came, saw the mistake the night crew made and promptly jacked the base price to offset the discount.

let us know how the MSC experience in the Med compares to the one you had in the Caribbean

Sorry I just disagree, our last inside cabin on Carnival was a whopping $200 less than our balcony was on Oasis. When we were pricing out NCL because friends thought the free drinks was such a great deal. The balcony on Ncl for the same week nearly identical ports- was $3360 for the two of us. We ended up booking Oasis balcony out the door for $1895 with taxes and gratuity paid $790 drinks threw in the 4 night dining package for another $200 and still save over $500 from Ncl

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last trip we did the 90 minute couples massage with access to the thermal suite for the day for $260. That's enough of spa day for me [emoji4]

It's a bummer they don't have the Rasul Treatment anymore. ;)

Someone used to do it with chocolate instead of mud and salts. :D

Sorry I just disagree, our last inside cabin on Carnival was a whopping $200 less than our balcony was on Oasis. When we were pricing out NCL because friends thought the free drinks was such a great deal. The balcony on Ncl for the same week nearly identical ports- was $3360 for the two of us. We ended up booking Oasis balcony out the door for $1895 with taxes and gratuity paid $790 drinks threw in the 4 night dining package for another $200 and still save over $500 from Ncl

I paid Oasis $1650 with discounts for a BW balacony, and it was $500 less Harmony and I went down 1 deck to 10 and in 1 cabin in; savings priceless with no slide or stantions in my view[emoji41]!

I paid Oasis $1650 with discounts for a BW balacony, and it was $500 less Harmony and I went down 1 deck to 10 and in 1 cabin in; savings priceless with no slide or stantions in my view[emoji41]!

We would never do the slides so I can't justify the cost difference. And we love the Champagne bar, Id rather the staff at champagne bar we see time after time vs the bionic bar.

We would never do the slides so I can't justify the cost difference. And we love the Champagne bar, Id rather the staff at champagne bar we see time after time vs the bionic bar.

Lack of umbrellas and tables at the Beach Pool is killing Harmony for us.

Plus if we are heading south, Laura would prefer Mama Mia to Grease.