What Happens when Regal and Royal are Both Docked at Port Everglades?

57eric

I sailing on Regal tomorrow and just learned that Royal will be in port at the same time. I didn't think Terminal 2 could handle both. What happens in this case? I'd like to know where Regal is docked before I leave the hotel.

Thanks.

From what I've read....Regal is docking at 21 and Royal is at 2

I've been keeping an eye, and up until the other day it was the other way around.

Here's the link: https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

Excellent, thank you. Does anyone know if porters are available for embarking passengers in the Midport Garage, or do we have to drop off curbside?

I sailing on Regal tomorrow and just learned that Royal will be in port at the same time. I didn't think Terminal 2 could handle both. What happens in this case? I'd like to know where Regal is docked before I leave the hotel.

Thanks.

My mom is on The Regal right now,disembarking tomorrow-Sunday terminal 21.

Then she is embarking on The Royal terminal 2. That is the plan at the moment.

And as others have said for those staying in the local area your cabdriver ,Uber driver ,bus driver ,etc. will look at the signs on the electronic board at the port entrance and they tell which ship is at what terminal.

Just an FYI the port will check the drivers I.D. (i.e. Drivers license )and your boarding pass and drivers license/passport of all those in the vehicle. Make sure your driver his or her drivers license has not expired or you will not be able to get past the security gate while you're in the vehicle.

The Regal left last Sunday Out of

terminal two .

Excellent, thank you. Does anyone know if porters are available for embarking passengers in the Midport Garage, or do we have to drop off curbside?

No porters inside the garage. Either drive through the crowded drop off circle area then park your car, or park your car and wheel your luggage to the elevators which will take you down to the pier area. The porteverglades.net website shows the Regal assigned to Pier 21 as others have reported. The mid-port parking deck is close to pier 21.

Look at the board when entering Port Everglades.

Just an FYI the port will check the drivers I.D. (i.e. Drivers license )and your boarding pass and drivers license/passport of all those in the vehicle. Make sure your driver his or her drivers license has not expired or you will not be able to get past the security gate while you're in the vehicle.

terminal two .

Yet just anyone can walk in using the 17th street entrance without having to show any ID until you want to enter a terminal.

Thanks Dave! :)

So many ships in port!

Something to be said about flying out the day "after" cruise, with so many

headed to the airport.

You're Welcome!!! Wish I could be there even if it was just to see all those beautiful ladies in port! Been a while since I've seen the sea...:(

:D

This situation happens frequently and becomes a logistic issue when the ships are on the same schedule related to the length of the voyage or when another ship arrives in port the same day as you return.

Generally, the larger ship gets position #2 and the smaller goes to #21 or possibly, #4. If your ship is returning to a different position and you are driving to the port you might consider what we do. We drop the luggage at the ship and drive to the returning position's parking structure and part the vehicle. There are shuttles located there to take you to the embarkation position. We like doing this because we don't have to schlep the luggage on a shuttle or drag it down the parking decks elevator.

On our last voyage over New Year's, the Caribbean Princess was at #21 because the Royal was at #2. A quick drop off at #21 of the luggage and then the drive over to #2 and parking was also without delay. A shuttle was waiting there and a quick trip back to #21. At disembarkation, we left the ship, found the luggage and porter, made it through the Customs area without a wait thanks to Global Entry and in our car in 15 minutes. Easy - Breezy.

Well why is that?

I enjoy looking at these beauties.

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

Unfortunately there have been some strategic, personal, and health issues in the past eighteen months, some which required twice a week physical therapy. I had been able to - up until last last July - make road trips to Pittsburgh to see National Tours of the big Broadway shows and to catch a few Pirates games.

Since then it's been no travel at all, until next week's performance of "Something Rotten" at the Benedum Center for the Performing Arts. I'm also looking at tickets for "The Book of Mormon" and "An American in Paris" when they come through.

Things are picking up and with a much needed pay raise (I'm a Federal Worker, and contrary to what a lot of folks think we don't walk away with a wheel-barrow filled with cash every payday: I barely cleared $28k last year as a FT employee) I finally have a cruise booked for September which leaves out of Bayonne.

Port Everglades is still my favorite departure port in regards to ease and proximity of the airport, quality hotels, and lots of restaurants near the port.

:D

Yeah, we all have "stuff". Sounds like your on the mend though,

What ship are you sailing?

One we enjoy is the Princess repo from NY to FLL at the end of October. Booked for next October on the Regal, it sails over Halloween, with 3 ports of call.

899.00 for an inside, 10 days.

Great fun!

Always enjoy your posts. :)

Edited by janetz

My mom is on The Regal right now,disembarking tomorrow-Sunday terminal 21.

Then she is embarking on The Royal terminal 2. That is the plan at the moment.

And as others have said for those staying in the local area your cabdriver ,Uber driver ,bus driver ,etc. will look at the signs on the electronic board at the port entrance and they tell which ship is at what terminal.

terminal two .

We have never had to show our boarding passes. Only drivers license.

Yeah, we all have "stuff". Sounds like your on the mend though,

What ship are you sailing?

One we enjoy is the Princess repo from NY to FLL at the end of October. Booked for next October on the Regal, it sails over Halloween, with 3 ports of call.

899.00 for an inside, 10 days.

Great fun!

Always enjoy your posts. :)

Anthem of the Seas to Bermuda :D

Sail away time for Port Everglades...

http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com

Wooohoo!

Some yucky weather for sail away, but it would certainly beat sitting at home!

Royal Princess

32596943415_b4d48bd0c7_z_d.jpg

32596943455_c0f60e23c5_z_d.jpg

Regal Princess

32596943515_0b6402aa6f_z_d.jpg

32596943525_628ea00f71_z_d.jpg

32596943585_0c931bef4d_z_d.jpg

Koningsdam, Freedom of the Seas, Carnival Conquest, Nieuw Amsterdam, Allure of the Seas (Celebrity Silhouette already departed)

32596943625_da3bee4d31_z_d.jpg