Pool use on Jewel to Alaska during summer

thehams

From what I read, using the pools on Jewel going to Alaska in July isn't really an option, unless you want to freeze.

My husband, myself and our 5yr old are thinking of a July cruise to Alaska and I'm worried my son may get bored if he can't really use the pools do to the colder weather.

Can anyone tell me their experience with the Jewel pools in Alaska? If it is in fact too cold to use the pools, what else is there for our son to do, besides Splash Academy?

You could book a Haven cabin, the enclosable pool would be great for kids if it's cold outside.

The Jewel doesn't have that feature. What I did on my t/a cruise was purchase the spa pass and use the t-pool but children aren't allowed there.

I purposely booked a HAL cruise to AK because they have enclosed pools but they didn't heat the area so it was too cold to use. Total waste.

Edited by cruise pup

The Jewel doesn't have that feature. What I did on my t/a cruise was purchase the spa pass and use the t-pool but children aren't allowed there.

I purposely booked a HAL cruise to AK because they have enclosed pools but they didn't heat the area so it was too cold to use. Total waste.

Incorrect.

There is a oool in the Havens courtyard.

The main pool is heated. Even when it is cold, there are people in the pool and hot tubs on Alaskan cruises.

From what I read, using the pools on Jewel going to Alaska in July isn't really an option, unless you want to freeze.

My husband, myself and our 5yr old are thinking of a July cruise to Alaska and I'm worried my son may get bored if he can't really use the pools do to the colder weather.

Can anyone tell me their experience with the Jewel pools in Alaska? If it is in fact too cold to use the pools, what else is there for our son to do, besides Splash Academy?

Some times it is certainly warm enough to use the pools, especially if the sun is shinning. I would not make an assumption that using the pool is out of the question.

If it is too cold for the pool, let your son try Splash Academy, he might really enjoy it and that will give you some alone time.

We've done 2 Alaska cruises, both on the Jewel as it happens, and we used the pool both trips. Pools are both heated, if weather is pleasant, why not? Some will say the air is too cool, but on our first trip (with our high school and college age children), we agreed to use the pool every day, no matter what, and we did.(, dear wife didn't... she hot-rubbed). Go, have fun, use the pool or don't. People will be swimming in July, I promise you.

Sent from my P008 using Forums mobile app

Alaska is not necessarily cold in July; in fact it can be as warm or hot as anywhere in the lower 48. You may get a few coolish days, but I would bet money that the pool will be usable most days. Have fun! :D

Our cruise on the Jewel was Labor Day weekend. When we left it was 78 and sunny. I was in the pool the next day when it was 70, the pool was heated to about 80f. People out swimming everyday

Edited by Laszlo