neptune privilèges extended to friends?

boris107

We are booked into a Neptune suite with it privileges like breakfast at the Pinnacle grill,, can we invite our relatives who are not in a Neptune suite to join us? I would not want to embarrass them if they are not allowed. thanks in advance.

Unfortunately not. Unless they're in a Neptune or Pinnacle suite, they will have to have breakfast either in the dining room or the Lido. You can always join them in their place of choice.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Your friends can not use the Neptune Lounge and they are not permitted to have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill with you.

But you certainly can join them for breakfast in the main dining room.

And you can order some afternoon appetizers to share with them on your verandah. Must order before Noon. What is brought to your cabin is enough to feed at least 4 people.

Just some additional information.

When you embark -- you will be checked in a different line they will be. And you will be able to board the ship earlier than they can.

For tender ports -- you will have a gold ID card and that means that if you are going ashore on your own, you can go down to the gangway any time you are ready to go ashore without getting a tender ticket and get at the end of the line down there. But your friends can not come with you. They will be required to go to the assigned lounge to get tender tickets.

Now if you all book the same HAL excursion -- forget the above as you all will have to go a lounge to get a sticker for your tour and wait to be called down to the tender.

neptune Loungescareonly large enough to accomodate those who have paid to avail themselves of them. If all suite guest were permittered to bring friends and family to Pinnacle, breakfasttand Neptune. Lounge. all other suite guests might want to as well. they cannot handle that kidf of crowd and should not. those amenities come at a high price. Your friends or relatives need to book a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite if they wish to accompany you to those. venues.

Edited by sail7seas

The Pinnacle Grill staff can access passenger ID photos, so they can easily check who is entitled to breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.

We have seen passengers politely turned away from the Pinnacle Grill at breakfast time.

Really a silly question: if you were travelling first class on a flight which had a bar and lounge, as many have, do you think the flight attendants would look the other way if you invited a couple of friends flying coach to join you?

Why do you think people are willing to pay premium prices for premium service? They expect (and are entitled to get) the extra space and whatever special amenities come with the higher fare.

You don't want your relatives

I embarrassed and some of us do not want the conceriges, Pinnacle Manaagers/sewards to be embarrrassed when they have to request the non-suite guests exit. I t could be an easy fix. have them book a suit.e Those crew members should not be placed in the position of hving to tel a guests they are not entitled to enter. I hope no one will put them in that uncomfortable position.

Sorry if you do not care for my posts but you did ask.

Edited by sail7seas

So we have a Neptune suite and an inside room for our preteen boys. I'm assuming we can all check in together?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would not assume anything.. You might want to check with HAL re how your Pre-Teens would be handled.. If they are under 12 then perhaps they will be OK to check in with you & maybe eat breakfast with you in the Pinnacle, or you all might all have to eat breakfast in the MDR.. But that should be HAL's decision..

Just some additional information.

When you embark -- you will be checked in a different line they will be. And you will be able to board the ship earlier than they can.

For tender ports -- you will have a gold ID card and that means that if you are going ashore on your own, you can go down to the gangway any time you are ready to go ashore without getting a tender ticket and get at the end of the line down there. But your friends can not come with you. They will be required to go to the assigned lounge to get tender tickets.

Now if you all book the same HAL excursion -- forget the above as you all will have to go a lounge to get a sticker for your tour and wait to be called down to the tender.

With respect to tendering, are you trying to say that 4 and 5 star passengers enjoy a perk that Neptune Suite passrpengers don't? Each 4 or 5 star passenger is allowed to take one person with them in the tender line. This has been our experience over and over on various ships.

On one cruise we were part of a large CC private tour group that had to tender and each 4 or 5 star tour member was assigned a lesser star person to leave the ship with them. It worked well and we were off in no time.

So we have a Neptune suite and an inside room for our preteen boys. I'm assuming we can all check in together?

You cannot book a room for children the room must have a adult.

So the adult listed in the suite checks in at suite checkin the other adult the in general checkin.

When on board you can ask for extra keys for both rooms.

We have seen the Pinncle for breakfast deny entry to a couple one listed in a Neptune Suite the other not.

I would not assume anything.. You might want to check with HAL re how your Pre-Teens would be handled.. If they are under 12 then perhaps they will be OK to check in with you & maybe eat breakfast with you in the Pinnacle, or you all might all have to eat breakfast in the MDR.. But that should be HAL's decision..

Not trying to stir things up but I thought at least one passenger in a cabin must be 18 years old or older. If that is, or maybe was, true then one parent would not be in a Neptune Suite and technically not qualify for Lounge access or other Neptune Suite perks like the Pinnacle Grill breakfast. Seems to me this has come up in previous threads/posts but it's too early for me to search several hundred posts. :o Personally I think that's kind of silly and maybe HAL is and has become more reasonable about these kind of arrangements but.......

We won't do pinnacle anyway - not a priority for a 12 year old. While Hal policy is 13 plus can be booked alone in room we are going to switch out once we get there. The only thing I was talking about was checking in.

Great. I honestly couldn't remember the minimum age requirement and I may have been thinking of an individual booking rather than a linked family booking with qualifying adults. Anyhow, I honestly don't think check-in will be a problem since you're talking a single family with children and not an extended family with a number of adult members in other cabin categories.

Why would you assume that people who have not paid premium fare for priority treatment would be entitled to priority? More to the point, why would you assume that preteen boys would be given their own cabin?

Of course, people entitled to priority boarding are entitled to check in with people not so entitled: by checking in with those not so entitled.

Doubt it. A better way to do it is to just check in with them in the standard line.

Agree with others about the room assignment - my understanding is that there needs to be an adult listed in each room. Lots of people book under one arrangement, and then just change up sleeping arrangements.

I have never tried this, but I doubt that you will have a problem as HAL is fairly liberal with such things (especially for a family will preteen children).

Getting them access to other Neptune perks is another matter however.

We are booked into a Neptune suite with it privileges like breakfast at the Pinnacle grill,, can we invite our relatives who are not in a Neptune suite to join us? I would not want to embarrass them if they are not allowed. thanks in advance.

Yes they would be embarrassed at the door. I know I would be. I've seen it happen because they check your card when you go for breakfast.

I think those booked in the inside room, for the person asking about the children, they will not be able to check in early or get the easy exits at the ports. And not the lounge either. If one parent is in technical in the inside room, I think they are stuck without neptune benefits.

The laundry is easy enough.....the parents put everything in their cabin's bag...but the other things, I would definitely check and get the answer in writing. I know I'd be pretty upset to board and have my child have benefits I did not get because of a booking requirement.

I know you can get the keys straightened out but not sure the benefits are so easy.

The priority check-in line will have someone checking boarding passes. Just ask him/her. If they say no, you will be directed to the standard check-in line ... but I doubt very much that will happen.

Thanks - honestly it's not a big deal to me what line. Since I'm the responsible party with papers and credit card I thought it would be easiest for the 4 of us to stick together. It's a Caribbean cruise so even my boys aren't excited about the ports so we won't have the need to rush off. My husband just wants a decent size balcony to relax and eat cheese.

Since your preteen boys are not allowed to have a cabin by themselves, technically one of you is booked on the inside cabin with one of your sons and one of you is booked on the outside cabin with the other son. This means that one of the adults is not in the Neptune suite. This might present interesting problems with Neptune privileges.

Don

On our cruise the week before Christmas, DW and I checked in using the suite line. My father in law checked in using the regular line. (He's 3 star and was solo in a VA.) He beat us through the line by a good 5 to 10 minutes. There were a lot of families in the Neptune Suites and the regular lines were much faster. Moral of the story: Express check in isn't always what it's cracked up to be.

Your check in speed is a direct factor of how well prepared the people are in front of you.