Uber from FT Lauderdale area hotel to Port of Miami cost?

chriscec2012

Flying into FLL the night before a cruise out of Miami. It's going to be late so no need to get to Miami until the next morning (plus the hotels are cheaper). Anyone use Uber recently and know the cost for 4 people or better off booking a shuttle?

Edited by chriscec2012

Flying into FLL the night before a cruise out of Miami. It's going to be late so no need to get to Miami until the next morning (plus the hotels are cheaper). Anyone do that recently and know the cost for 4 people or better off booking a shuttle?

Quality Inn in Fort Lauderdale has a shuttle to the Port of Miami for about $10-15 per person.. The RCCL/Carnival/HAL shuttle stations at FLL airport baggage claim cost $30 pp one way. You can also scope out QLS Transportation, SAS, or the like for quotes. I just flew to FLL and sailed out of POM in December and I think the estimate for uber was between $60-100 but it probably depends on your schedule/day of the week.

Edited by mimirdh

http://uberestimate.com/

This site will give you an estimate of the fare for various Uber options - with 4 plus bags, especially if anyone packs like my wife :o - I agree with the above advice that you'll need UberXL

Taxi on the same run will be about $75-80, depending upon hotel location - SUV/van taxis are the same fare as standard cabs. If you decide to go the taxi route as the hotel front desk to call one for you - they know who is reliable. ;)

It if four people and 4 full size bags a shuttle may be cheaper because you will have to get a larger Uber. If its 4 people with 2 full size bags and maybe some small backpacks or something, than an Uber X will cost around $40. Cheapest option by far.

Hi,

Have a similar question - sorry for hijacking!

We are four people with three carry-on's and a backpack. We are three adults and a teen. I think we will fit in the Uber X. Opinions?

Thanks!

Around here most of the Ubers are Toyota Camry or Toyota Prius or similar sized vehicles - I've had everything from a king-cab pickup to a Honda Fit. If all of your bags can go into the trunk and 3 can squeeze into the back seat (plus one up front) you'll be okay.

Sounds like a gamble to me.

When we used the basic Uber X in December, from the 17th Street Embassy Suites to the Port of Miami...our cost was $33. With 4 and luggage we would suggest paying the few extra dollars and getting Uber XL. The ride can take 45 min (or longer if caught in a lot of port traffic) and sometimes comfort is worth a little more money.

Hank

Around here most of the Ubers are Toyota Camry or Toyota Prius or similar sized vehicles - I've had everything from a king-cab pickup to a Honda Fit. If all of your bags can go into the trunk and 3 can squeeze into the back seat (plus one up front) you'll be okay.

Sounds like a gamble to me.

Agree with this. We've had some pretty small rides show up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

...we would suggest paying the few extra dollars and getting Uber XL. The ride can take 45 min (or longer if caught in a lot of port traffic) and sometimes comfort is worth a little more money.

Hank

The cost of UberXL compared to UberX is not "a few extra dollars" but more likely about double the fare. Check this site to estimate fares and make an informed decision:http://uberestimate.com/

Hi,

Have a similar question - sorry for hijacking!

We are four people with three carry-on's and a backpack. We are three adults and a teen. I think we will fit in the Uber X. Opinions?

Thanks!

I would say no. A lot of X drivers are in small economic vehicles. I've had cars as small as a Chevy Sonic, Nissan Versa, Ford Fiesta, etc before. The same type vehicles you would get if you got an economy class rental car. You can always cancel the ride once a driver picks it up and you see the vehicle type, but your rating will tank if you do it too many times.

Took an uber from POM to Ft Lauderdale airport last week and it was $37.10 that included tolls taxes and fees. We were picked up in a Volkswagen Tiguan. Also the share option price was $21 for same trip. It was the first time using uber and I will definitely use them again. For comparison I took a cab when I arrived at FLL airport to downtown Miami hotel and it was over $80.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would say no. A lot of X drivers are in small economic vehicles. I've had cars as small as a Chevy Sonic, Nissan Versa, Ford Fiesta, etc before. The same type vehicles you would get if you got an economy class rental car. You can always cancel the ride once a driver picks it up and you see the vehicle type, but your rating will tank if you do it too many times.

Thanks for sharing your experience with Uber. I may have to just bite the bullet and go with the XL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Flying into FLL the night before a cruise out of Miami. It's going to be late so no need to get to Miami until the next morning (plus the hotels are cheaper). Anyone use Uber recently and know the cost for 4 people or better off booking a shuttle?

I would think you would be fine if the driver of the car has a Prius (I have one) or a Camry. If I recall, you can call the driver as soon as you get matched and ask. You can cancel free in the first five minutes.

The Uber app on the iPhone allows you to estimate fare right there and then ping for a ride.

If you are a first time rider, you can use my promo code. We both get $10-$15 off one ride. My code: 6y3g9

Neal in Cincinnati.