Final Payment

VTX-AL

We have made the final payment on an upcoming cruise through our TA (and have received zero $ balance statement from TA), so now my question is : Where on Princess Cruise personalizer (or elsewhere) does it show that Princess has received payment in full ?

...VTX-Al

We have made the final payment on an upcoming cruise through our TA (and have received zero $ balance statement from TA), so now my question is : Where on Princess Cruise personalizer (or elsewhere) does it show that Princess has received payment in full ?

...VTX-Al

I don't believe you would be able to access your Personaliser if your cruise hadn't been paid in full.

Jefa's answer is incorrect. You can access your personalizer before your cruise is paid in full.

Since you are using a TA, you will not see if your cruise is paid in full on the personalizer. However, at 75 days, if you don't have boarding passes, that's a big problem...

...VTX-Al

If you use a TA (as you mentioned) you will not find the payment information in your cruise personalizer - you need to get the "Booking Confirmation" that was sent to your TA after the final payment was made. Your TA should have forwarded it to you.

I don't believe you would be able to access your Personaliser if your cruise hadn't been paid in full.

Not true - as soon as you have booked the cruise and put up the deposit, your personalizer is available to view and add information, etc.

If you book through Princess you can see the invoice money owed etc on the personalizer.

If you book through a TA then you cannot see any pay/invoice through the personalizer and have to complete any transactions through the TA.

If through the TA you should see the charge from Princess on your CC statement.

To me this is the one down side of using a TA. One can't see what is owed or what is paid in the personalizer. I don't really see why that should be the case but that's how it is.
When I've booked cruises before the final payment date, my travel agent has sent me an invoice letting me know when the final payment date will be and the amount owed. I have never paid it off in installments--always made the payment in full. He'll send me a confirmation that it's been paid after doing so. I get the same type of confirmation breaking down my payment if I book a cruise after the final payment date, showing if I used a FCC.

I think if you are using a TA and you make a payment you should automatically be forwarded a copy of the Booking Confirmation.... I always have to ask the TA or Princess for it

My T.A. always automatically e-mails this document, the deposit one and the final payment one.

Thanks all for responses - very helpful ! We have requested a copy of the Princess Confirmation from our TA, and have been able to print boarding passes and luggage tags, so are confident that everything is A-OK !

I am always well aware of what I owe. :rolleyes:

Yes, so are we. I just like to be able to have instant access to everything. Pretty minor "problem" to be sure. I have one booked with Princess and another that I previously booked directly but moved to a TA. I'm likely going to send a letter or email (most likely an email) and transfer it to a different TA though as I can get a very large amount of refundable OBC - from the other TA and the one I am currently booked with can't possibly match that.

Sorry, what I meant was that after final payment is due, if it hadn't been paid in full then your personaliser would be shut down and you wouldn't be able to access it. Is that not true? Sorry if I misled the OP.