Hate Royal's Website!!!!!

GTO-Girl

All I did was log on, look at my reservation and logged off.

So after speaking with my husband we decided to buy the Internet package. Logged back in and now it says my reservation is "being modified" so now I can't do anything or buy anything!!!

Geez.....come on Royal....get some decent IT people!!

Okay....rant over.....:o:o

All I did was log on, look at my reservation and logged off.

So after speaking with my husband we decided to buy the Internet package. Logged back in and now it says my reservation is "being modified" so now I can't do anything or buy anything!!!

Geez.....come on Royal....get some decent IT people!!

Okay....rant over.....:o:o

Wait about 20 to 30 minutes and you'll have access to your reservation again.

They have a great product but between their fake sales and the terrible mobile site (it's not so bad on desktop, but today most people access it through the phone), they don't make it easy for people to book.

That's funny, a minute ago I wrote on the cc forum change site that I mainly used from computer and the change did not bother me. No I'm going to say that I generally access royal site from my computer and the change doesn't bother me. 😉

Except when it doesn't work at all. That bothers me. 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

You have to use the link on the web site to exit the reservation, not just close the web page, to avoid the 20 min penalty.

Exactly right. But for some reason some choose to hit the big X. I just cancelled two shore excursions due lower price and rebooked them for two different Cruises with no issues. I never have issues with RCI website on my laptop (using windows 10, IE or ME).

Edited by davekathy

I was told yesterday by C&A that the reason I could only choose D2 cabins on web was because I was mock booking for 2. D1 available cabins only show for bookings of 3 or more. I guess until they no longer have D2's available. I was looking to book a D1 but no dice as there are just 2 of us. I did not try a mock booking for 3 to see if this was true or fake news.

Every time I try to quote a cruise on their site I get as far as selecting the cabin, hit next, and it dumps be back to the unqualified search page for all cruises. I can't get past that page.

Yeah, yeah, cookies and cache and all that. Gimmie a break, fix your blasted site so it works. Try actually testing for a change with different devices, O/Ses, browsers and browser versions. Its like they got one flunky making changes to their site, testing on one Windows XP machine and declaring success when it works - "Release it to the public, we good!"

I never have issues with RCI website on my laptop (using windows 10, IE or ME).

It's horrible on an IPad - there's a big blue band that covers the left half of the screen when I try to search for a cruise so I can't see half the screen with the list of cruises under the blue band, even when I hit the X to get rid of the blue band, it won't go away.

So frustrating - it's been that way for at least a month or more as I've been trying to search for which cruise to book for next fall. It wasn't like this last summer when I was searching & booked.

I keep hoping they'll fix it. Meanwhile I've been searching for cruises w/ other companies as at least their sites are functional on my IPad.

It's horrible on an IPad - there's a big blue band that covers the left half of the screen when I try to search for a cruise so I can't see half the screen with the list of cruises under the blue band, even when I hit the X to get rid of the blue band, it won't go away.

So frustrating - it's been that way for at least a month or more as I've been trying to search for which cruise to book for next fall. It wasn't like this last summer when I was searching & booked.

I keep hoping they'll fix it. Meanwhile I've been searching for cruises w/ other companies as at least their sites are functional on my IPad.

Is your IPad you're only device you own?

For 30 min my cruise was "being modified" and unavailable. And now for the last hour, I was able to login to my cruise, but I can't get into my cruise planner to schedule excursions, shows, etc. I keep getting an error page. Maybe they are doing some weekend maintenance? I will try back later and hope for the best! I am accessing it from my desktop.

For the most part, I do like Royal's website, with the ability to book onboard dining and entertainment for Harmony.

Big pre-sale cruise this weekend. However access to cruise planner has been down for almost 2 hours! I called and after being on hold for 30 minutes they could not provide an ETA to the fix.

After the sale? :rolleyes:

Trying to get on myself bit frustrating

I was told yesterday by C&A that the reason I could only choose D2 cabins on web was because I was mock booking for 2. D1 available cabins only show for bookings of 3 or more. I guess until they no longer have D2's available. I was looking to book a D1 but no dice as there are just 2 of us. I did not try a mock booking for 3 to see if this was true or fake news.

I just did a mock booking on RCIs website for two selecting a D1 stateroom with no issues and have done it in the past. I don't buy into what the C&A rep told you. We (wife and I) are in a D1 stateroom on the Jewel for our B2B Cruise in April.

Is your IPad you're only device you own?

No, but it's the device I travel with & prefer to use as it weighs less than either lap top, is more mobile than the desk top @ work & the screen is bigger than the IPad mini, the IPhone or the work Samsung :) interestingly the blue band shows up on the mini but not the IPhone.