Majestic Princess here we come….

HomelessBear

We've just booked the 4 night pre-inaugural cruise from Venice to Rome. Soooo excited!

It will mean us getting up at some unearthly hour - probably not even worth going to bed - to get the flight to Venice at 6.10am. Never mind, I can catch up on sleep the first night.

Have been looking at the photos online and the ship looks gorgeous. We've been on quite a few Princess ships, but it will be lovely to go on something so brand new. Our last new ship was Diamond (which we loved), so it will be very different. I know there may be a few hiccoughs as they iron out any issues, but I never expect my cruises to be perfect so no problem. DH is also so excited, and its just after his birthday too so its extra special.

I may have to find a place to stow away at the end of the cruise though as I'm sure I won't want to get off. :D

I hope you don't mind, but I just had to share my excitement with like minded cruisers.

Happy cruising :)

My TA was at the shipyard this past week and took pictures of the outside of the ship.

I love that they put a covered pool on the ship. Too bad I probably won't sail her due to her location in Asia. Maybe the next Princess ship will also have the covered pool.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and will enjoy hearing about it!

HB ... you are aware that the ship sails from Trieste and not Venice to Rome ?

Yes, from Il piccolo

"Approaching another great day for Trieste cruise: the city Friday, March 31 will host the Majestic Princess, the flagship of the Princess Cruises just finished building in Monfalcone."

http://ilpiccolo.gelocal.it/trieste/cronaca/2017/02/03/news/il-31-marzo-majestic-princess-a-trieste-poi-costa-luminosa-e-horizon-1.14820698

Thanks fellow cruisers.

Yes we're aware it goes from Trieste but fly into Venice and get the transfer to the ship.

This will be the only time we'll get to experience this ship as I can't see us going to Asia where she'll be based.

Thanks for your kind words.

PS. Sidari - like the pic on your name. We've got a Tardis in our garden so it's given me the idea of putting its photo on mine. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

HB ... Sounds like a great idea to me re the Tardis ... :) a friend put a recent post on Facebook of former Slade front man Noddy Holder in front of the Tardis with the heading that he will be the new doctor, quite a few people fell for it.

• 4 weeks later...
We've just booked the 4 night pre-inaugural cruise from Venice to Rome. Soooo excited!

It will mean us getting up at some unearthly hour - probably not even worth going to bed - to get the flight to Venice at 6.10am. Never mind, I can catch up on sleep the first night.

Have been looking at the photos online and the ship looks gorgeous. We've been on quite a few Princess ships, but it will be lovely to go on something so brand new. Our last new ship was Diamond (which we loved), so it will be very different. I know there may be a few hiccoughs as they iron out any issues, but I never expect my cruises to be perfect so no problem. DH is also so excited, and its just after his birthday too so its extra special.

I may have to find a place to stow away at the end of the cruise though as I'm sure I won't want to get off. :D

I hope you don't mind, but I just had to share my excitement with like minded cruisers.

Happy cruising :)

Hate to tell you this, but the ship leaves from Trieste. We have a suite on this cruise and the one after it, Rome to Rome. We get in the night before, and are taking the high speed train at 10:20am to Trieste.

Yes, from Il piccolo

"Approaching another great day for Trieste cruise: the city Friday, March 31 will host the Majestic Princess, the flagship of the Princess Cruises just finished building in Monfalcone."

http://ilpiccolo.gelocal.it/trieste/cronaca/2017/02/03/news/il-31-marzo-majestic-princess-a-trieste-poi-costa-luminosa-e-horizon-1.14820698

How do you translate that page to English?

Thanks!

Tom:D

How do you translate that page to English?

Thanks!

Tom:D[/quote

Very easily and glad I can help you out with this.

Maybe English isn't the first language of the poster but its still comprehensible.

Another great day is approaching for the City of Trieste, on Friday March 31st it will host the Majestic Princess, flagship of Princess Cruise line which was built in Montfalcone.

Hate to tell you this, but the ship leaves from Trieste.

As you can see in a previous post, I'm aware that the cruise leaves from Trieste. We have a package (as from UK) so flights and transfers are included.

Hope you enjoy both your cruises and I now notice our cruise is completely sold out. Getting excited now :D:D

We got a great balcony deal for the April 4th sailing which included free flights and transfers, looking forward to our third sailing with Princess on our second New ship, First was on then New Ruby Princess and sailed on her again the following year.

I have added some interior photos of the ship in the Majestic at Fincantieri Monfalcone thread, I received more yesterday which I will add soon.

Hi Graemme44,

I should write this in green ink as so envious of you doing 28 days more than me!!

I'll have to settle for my short cruise as DH has to go back and earn more money for our cruise to Iceland in the summer.

I'm sure we'll have a great time and you enjoy your lovely long sojourn to Singapore. Happy cruising. [emoji253][emoji568]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums