What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Sail Date 3/25

Offer was not accepted.

I didn't see the email, but it was sent out 2 days before the cruise sail date. (about 48 hours)

Saved myself $600.

My bid was $300 per person from an ocean view to a mini suite.

This cruise being on Easter Week. I was't expecting much since the cruise is completely sold out. No harm in trying.

Bon Voyage, have a Great Cruise anyway!!!

For the Sun 4/19-5/7 out of Seattle: My upgrades page is greyed out so I can’t get any kind of a status. The cruise is not even showing upon the webpage anymore, so I’m GUESSING the cruise is sold out and there won’t be any upgrades made.

First time bidding on an upgrade, so not really sure how the process works, but I’m not holding out any hope for a mini-suite upgrade now

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked on the same cruise, and have bid on the upgrades. Received another email yesterday, saying I can still modify my bid! Still Hopeful, 25days to go!

Bidding dilemma. 1st family cruise. 4/8 Getaway. Currently Mid ship mini-suite with wife and 2 teenage girls. Have bids out H2,3,4,6 called NCL and would be roughly $1200 more on avg to upgrade from my current bid on H4/6. From what I understand still a few Haven suites available.

What would y'all do, roll the dice or take the sure thing? H4 or H6.

H2 upgrade a little too spendy.

Have you looked at the current rates? They dropped yesterday. You may wish to see how much the difference is to just upgrade outright. That way you would get all of the perks and can choose your cabin.

I changed my sister and aunt yesterday from a midship mini suite to a Spa mini suite with no additional cost at all.

Have you looked at the current rates? They dropped yesterday. You may wish to see how much the difference is to just upgrade outright. That way you would get all of the perks and can choose your cabin.

What do you mean by not getting "all of the perks"? Are you saying "free" ones or the added extras from having a suite/haven?

What do you mean by not getting "all of the perks"? Are you saying "free" ones or the added extras from having a suite/haven?

Yes, let's say you have a balcony or Mini suite now, you get two of the offers like dining package etc. But if you book a Haven you get all of them. If you WIN a Haven, you would only keep the two perks.

She’s referring to the Free at Sea promos you get when booking. Of course if you win a bid for a suite you get all of the amenities that come with The Haven/ Suite.

Edited by Skipper305

Yes, let's say you have a balcony or Mini suite now, you get two of the offers like dining package etc. But if you book a Haven you get all of them. If you WIN a Haven, you would only keep the two perks.

Thanks! I hope my "bid" for a suite (no Haven) comes thru but as it's a couple of months away and showing one suite available I doubt it. Called to see what it would be to just "upgrade' and was over 3k, no thanks!

I'll take the mini-suite we have...

Are those figures every one is quoting per person per day OR per person for the entire cruise?

Many post per person amounts- BUT they simply are just random, meaningless numbers- without the complete, original total already paid. Not sure why the excitement over a "great" deal is made, since it's unknown what they already spent????- -- which gives the accurate information for comparison . I don't get it. :)

YES! I don't understand this at all! I have what I paid all written down in a spreadsheet. And also the day I booked how much all the category above mine would cost. So this way when I make a bid I will not over pay and at the very least I'd just pay for the upgrade. I think some people are over paying because they "think" they are getting a deal.

Many post per person amounts- BUT they simply are just random, meaningless numbers- without the complete, original total already paid. Not sure why the excitement over a "great" deal is made, since it's unknown what they already spent????- -- which gives the accurate information for comparison . I don't get it. :)

Someone PLEASE answer my question, let me rephrase it:

The amounts people are posting for what they paid to upgrade, are those amounts:

a) per person FOR THE ENTIRE CRUISE

OR

b) per person PER DAY

Thanks in advance to whoever answers :-)

Edited by 1AL

Mostly they are a). Sometimes they may post the entire total amount and not per person.

Thanks so much Karima for clearing that up for me, I appreciate it.

Hello,

Can’t wait for our Bermuda cruise on the escape in May. Looks like there is about 5 H6 and 4 H4 left. Hoping they don’t sell out because still 6 weeks to go! Happy with my balcony but would love to try the Haven!

Does anyone know why the bids on the escape Haven are so much more than the other ships?

Because it’s the newest active ship at the moment, would be my best guess. If peeps weren’t willing to bid that much I’m sure they would have to lower it.

The H4 has 2 full bathrooms. I don't believe that the H6 ALL have 2 bathrooms. Maybe someone can check me back on that. The H4 has the separate 2nd BR, which will mean a bit less clutter in the living areas if the girls are sleeping on the convertible. As a tip, in my travels I have learned that H4 Cabin #16722 is a bit smaller in size than all the rest.

The OBC promo is back right now so if you didn't have that with your original booking you should be eligible for it now. And the Haven, well its a pretty nice set up if you haven't done that.

I'd get the cabin and comfort that you truly want for this special family trip, not roll the dice. Good luck and have fun!!!

Thanks, I'm sure we will be fine in the mini suite. We don't tend to spend a lot of time in our rooms however the Haven rooms look "suite", and would certainly provide more space for 4 warm bodies. We have OBC, beverage package, as well as free family. If we upgraded the added extras of the dining package are only good for first 2 passengers for 3 meals and $50 per cabin/port for the excursions. Wifi. With the bid process there are many variables for any potential savings. Any idea of what the time frame is for upgrades as long as there are cabins available?

Cheers!

I changed my sister and aunt yesterday from a midship mini suite to a Spa mini suite with no additional cost at all.

I did call and upgrade was roughly 4400 for H6 and 4800 for H4. Website still showing 6 H6 and 12 H4

I did call and upgrade was roughly 4400 for H6 and 4800 for H4. Website still showing 6 H6 and 12 H4

Ouch! I will keep my fingers crossed for your bids! I think you have a great shot at winning with there being so many still available.

Bidding dilemma. 1st family cruise. 4/8 Getaway. Currently Mid ship mini-suite with wife and 2 teenage girls. Have bids out H2,3,4,6 called NCL and would be roughly $1200 more on avg to upgrade from my current bid on H4/6. From what I understand still a few Haven suites available.

What would y'all do, roll the dice or take the sure thing? H4 or H6.

H2 upgrade a little too spendy.

I have always gotten the H4 when we take the grandchilden. That way they have their own room and bath and are not sleeping in the living room. We have stayed in both H4 and the H6 so this was an "informed decision" for me. Hope this helps and maybe we will see you aboard! Have taken the grandchildren on this same itinerary and they loved it. We enjoy this ship and actually sailed on her inaugural cruise.

I have always gotten the H4 when we take the grandchilden. That way they have their own room and bath and are not sleeping in the living room. We have stayed in both H4 and the H6 so this was an "informed decision" for me. Hope this helps and maybe we will see you aboard! Have taken the grandchildren on this same itinerary and they loved it. We enjoy this ship and actually sailed on her inaugural cruise.

Thank you

Hope all of your bids are accepted !!! I find myself looking at my email all day anxiously waiting to hear lol....

has anyone heard anything on their bids for the Gem 4\7 sailing yet??

I don’t stand a chance. The Haven is completely sold out for Sunday.

Is the desirability of your current cabin play into your chances of being upgraded? We are currently in one of the nice angled balconies on the Escape (BB) and we are bidding on an H7 upgrade. We placed a bid a little above minimum.

That is a good question.

That is a good question.

Same for us. We have an AFT facing (large) balcony right next door to our friends Haven suite room. Our room is a regular balcony room, not a haven room.