What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

1 day left before sailing. 3/25 sail date.

I did not receive a rejection or acceptance notification. LOL

The bid offer on My NCL just disappeared.

Cray cray. Maybe they will wait until 24 hours before. But I seriously doubt getting upgraded.

And have you checked your credit card account?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well today they have the OBC promotion back so I just upgraded my cabin and cancelled my bids. That means there is now a Haven Spa cabin back in the queue if anyone wants to pay full price for it rather than wait. They were sold out. April 8 GA.

That sailing has TONS of cabins still available. Lucky you...

Amex has been running a promotion with NCL that if you spend $500 for booking or certain other things, Amex will credit you back $100.00 on your Amex account. There was a thread about this about two weeks ago.

Really? Did you have to book through Amex to get the $100 back?

Really? Did you have to book through Amex to get the $100 back?

Nope....just pay with it. You have to chck your offers on line to be sure you got the offer, and then you have to select it in order to activate it. Then its available for you to use.

Nope....just pay with it. You have to chck your offers on line to be sure you got the offer, and then you have to select it in order to activate it. Then its available for you to use.

Unfortunately, not everyone gets the offer :( We had it last year and it was great but nothing this year. We booked thru the same on line agency etc but no deal. Called AMEX - they said to contact NCL which I did - they actually called me and said call the on line agency so I e-mailed my agent and heard nothing. Oh well.

Well today they have the OBC promotion back so I just upgraded my cabin and cancelled my bids. That means there is now a Haven Spa cabin back in the queue if anyone wants to pay full price for it rather than wait. They were sold out. April 8 GA.

Excellent. Well done. They won’t let us change here in he UK this late! So I have to try bidding [emoji12]. What did you upgrade to? Im already in a aft haven penthouse on the GA on 4/8

Excellent. Well done. They won’t let us change here in he UK this late! So I have to try bidding [emoji12]. What did you upgrade to? Im already in a aft haven penthouse on the GA on 4/8

I am going to try the Forward Penthouse this time around. I am not entirely thrilled with the small balcony, so I'll have to stretch out on the Haven Deck. I love the aft Penthouse, it am amazing cabin, good for you. Looking forward to sailing!

Except that booking a haven room directly - not bidding for an upgrade - still carries much better perks. No tips, specialty dining for every meal each day, shore credits (if you didn't pick that to begin with), internet etc.

You are getting more for the increased price of a direct booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question- what to you mean by no tips? Just curious. I would think more tips since you have the daily charge and you have a concierge and butler to take care of.

Question- what to you mean by no tips? Just curious. I would think more tips since you have the daily charge and you have a concierge and butler to take care of.

That’s an old post, you didn’t have to pay the gratuities on the drink and dining perks if you booked Haven/Suites.

I am going to try the Forward Penthouse this time around. I am not entirely thrilled with the small balcony, so I'll have to stretch out on the Haven Deck. I love the aft Penthouse, it am amazing cabin, good for you. Looking forward to sailing!

I'm in a forward Penthouse next Sunday on GA. Was hoping fir upgrade but Haven is now sold out.

I just called and got my aunt and sister upgraded to Spa Mini suites since there was a price drop on our sailing next week.

Been watching this thread for months. Now it is our turn. We are in a B2 balcony with 4 in our room on the Gem in a couple of months. Lots of options. Still undecided.

Anyone upgrade to a mini sweet and have any noise issues? All appear under the busy deck above. Thanks.

I'd contemplate that based on the perks you currently are holding...if you want 'all' the perks that come with Haven, you can get them with a Haven upgrade purchase, not a bid.

Having said that, I can tell you that I have wanted to move from one Haven Category to another Haven Category and we are only weeks out from sailing. Some of the perks I have, such as a large promotional OBC from the cruiseline, I would lose with an outright upgrade purchase, but would be able to keep on a winning bid.

So how is that for a ball of confusion!

Cool......thanks!

Sail Date 3/25

Offer was not accepted.

I didn't see the email, but it was sent out 2 days before the cruise sail date. (about 48 hours)

Saved myself $600.

My bid was $300 per person from an ocean view to a mini suite.

This cruise being on Easter Week. I was't expecting much since the cruise is completely sold out. No harm in trying.

Still 1 H2, 12 H4, 6 H6

Bidding dilemma. 1st family cruise. 4/8 Getaway. Currently Mid ship mini-suite with wife and 2 teenage girls. Have bids out H2,3,4,6 called NCL and would be roughly $1200 more on avg to upgrade from my current bid on H4/6. From what I understand still a few Haven suites available.

What would y'all do, roll the dice or take the sure thing? H4 or H6.

H2 upgrade a little too spendy.

Except that booking a haven room directly - not bidding for an upgrade - still carries much better perks. No tips, specialty dining for every meal each day, shore credits (if you didn't pick that to begin with), internet etc.

You are getting more for the increased price of a direct booking.

Don't plan to look at moving up so just deleted the upgrade e-mail. But was curious after these postings. The bid for a suite from our aft balcony was starting for more than what we would have paid when we booked our POA in April a year ago. We are not in a suite this time because we have enough perks as platinum for this trip as we are docked most of the time don't need the extra room either.

What I didn't know and will keep it in mind was you pay for a suite through bidding but you don't get the suite perks. Thanks for pointing that out I will watch very closely if we ever book NCL again on any bidding upgrades. Tend to choose what cabin we want at the start so have NO UPGRADE on all our bookings, maybe got the e-mail in error, but will look if ever again very closely.

Bidding dilemma. 1st family cruise. 4/8 Getaway. Currently Mid ship mini-suite with wife and 2 teenage girls. Have bids out H2,3,4,6 called NCL and would be roughly $1200 more on avg to upgrade from my current bid on H4/6. From what I understand still a few Haven suites available.

What would y'all do, roll the dice or take the sure thing? H4 or H6.

H2 upgrade a little too spendy.

The H4 has 2 full bathrooms. I don't believe that the H6 ALL have 2 bathrooms. Maybe someone can check me back on that. The H4 has the separate 2nd BR, which will mean a bit less clutter in the living areas if the girls are sleeping on the convertible. As a tip, in my travels I have learned that H4 Cabin #16722 is a bit smaller in size than all the rest.

The OBC promo is back right now so if you didn't have that with your original booking you should be eligible for it now. And the Haven, well its a pretty nice set up if you haven't done that.

I'd get the cabin and comfort that you truly want for this special family trip, not roll the dice. Good luck and have fun!!!

Edited by MizDemeanor